PDA

View Full Version : Little Wonder Blowers

QuadRacer041
03-17-2009, 05:06 AM
I am in the market for a new push blower. I am looking at the Little Wonder with either the 9hp Honda engine for $1200 or the 9hp Subaru engine for $950. My original entention was Honda all the way because I currently have 2 LW's with the 10 Briggs Intek's and have had alot of engine problems with them. I never even knew Subaru made these types of engines and i'm a little leery because they are not proven and dont want to by another problem. I know the Honda's are great engines. Anyone have any experiance with the Subaru engines??

kaferhaus
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
We have one with the Subaru and it's a good engine. Easy starts and warms up quickly (which is a big plus). It only has a couple hundred hours on it but has given us no issues at all.

We too avoid Briggs engines like the plague. Mostly because of the poor carbs they put on them and we've not been impressed with engine life even with the so called "professional grade" engines.

Most of our other small walk behind equipment has either Honda or Kawasaki engines. Both are great but we prefer the Kawasaki's only slightly.

Had a few minor carb problems with some of the Honda's that were all taken care of under warranty and have had no problems with them since (long out of warranty now). None of the Kawasaki's have ever been in the shop.

Subaru has been around a long time but not in the american market.

bill w
03-17-2009, 09:47 AM
I never even knew Subaru made these types of engines and i'm a little leery because they are not proven and dont want to by another problem. I know the Honda's are great engines. Anyone have any experiance with the Subaru engines??

I had always heard good things about Wisconsin Robin engines. The name has been changed, but it is still a good product. After the first start of the season, mine will start on first pull every time.

RonAyersMotorsports
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Great engines. Sold a many, and never worked on any!

larryinalabama
03-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Subaru are great engines.

bill w
03-17-2009, 01:43 PM
I said mine starts first time all season...it does have to be choked each time, even when it is hot. No chockee, no startee.

QuadRacer041
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
So it's not worth speninding the extra money on the Honda, the subaru is pretty reliable?

RonAyersMotorsports
03-17-2009, 05:20 PM
I always support Honda and Honda is well worth the money. But the Robin/Subaru engines are fine.