PDA

View Full Version : Lazer Z VS Hustler super Z

lazerPA
03-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I test drove both yesterday. (60")

Lazer Has alot of new design elements..

Id say for less money they Super Z has more usable power.

Both mowers go about the same speed..

just my 2 c

milo
03-17-2009, 11:58 AM
allentown PA? where i am on south side. as for whats better the hustler. new exmarks in person look kinda not so hot.

RonAyersMotorsports
03-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Ok once being a Exmark dealer and now A Hustler Dealer. First I would like to say I like both the machines. Exmark and Toro make great mowers. However apples to apples the fabrication of a Super Z and its components are much better than a Lazer Z. Not to mention a better warranty. PM me for any questions.

Horizon Lawn
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
The quality of cut was not the same. The exmark has a better quality of cut in my opinion. The last hustler i tried didnt cut very well but that has been a few years ago. The hydros on the hustler are better on the hustlers compared to toro and exmark. They are more responsive and just easier to operate. If you could buy a toro with hustler hydros then that would be a real mower. Just my 2 cents

RonAyersMotorsports
03-17-2009, 06:16 PM
The NEW XR-7 Decks are awsome 6" deep and superior cut. The older decks I agree are no where near as good as the new ones.

aplusjon
03-17-2009, 07:25 PM
i think the hustler is a better made mower

greengiant9963
03-17-2009, 08:50 PM
The NEW XR-7 Decks are awsome 6" deep and superior cut. The older decks I agree are no where near as good as the new ones.

Not saying that the new XR-7 decks are no good. I have heard by a few guys in my area and a few on lawnsite as well that the cut is just not as clean as a exmark or toro. Leaves to many stringers. I test drove a hustler last year and the hydro's are the smoothest I have ever used. I actually love everything that mower had but just heard so many complaints from guys on the cut it steered me away. I think they made a baffle insert to correct the problem. Is this true?

Thunderbolt
03-17-2009, 09:37 PM
At the end of the day it is the quality of cut that makes the difference. :drinkup:

Turf Dawg
03-18-2009, 12:51 AM
At the end of the day it is the quality of cut that makes the difference. :drinkup:

I have to agree with this 110%. I have a Super Z 31/66 and it is the best riding and smoothest handling mid mount I have owned. When I demo mowers though the cut quality is one of the most important facters. If a mower does not cut good in your area, all the speed, bells and whistles will not make a difference. If the Emarks cut is noticeably better I would go with that, but if they are close to the same I would vote Hustler.
BTW, have you tried a Walker Super B? I have too many ditches and rough mowing areas for one, but I loved the demo I had on other places I cut.

puppypaws
03-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Ok once being a Exmark dealer and now A Hustler Dealer. First I would like to say I like both the machines. Exmark and Toro make great mowers. However apples to apples the fabrication of a Super Z and its components are much better than a Lazer Z. Not to mention a better warranty. PM me for any questions.

I test drove both yesterday. (60")

Lazer Has alot of new design elements..

Id say for less money they Super Z has more usable power.

Both mowers go about the same speed..

just my 2 c

You must not have been on a Super Z, the speed is not comparable between the two.

Turf Dawg
03-18-2009, 01:00 AM
You must not have been on a Super Z, the speed is not comparable between the two.

Or it might be one with the hight toruqe wheel motors

RonAyersMotorsports
03-18-2009, 09:57 AM
I have to agree with this 110%. I have a Super Z 31/66 and it is the best riding and smoothest handling mid mount I have owned. When I demo mowers though the cut quality is one of the most important facters. If a mower does not cut good in your area, all the speed, bells and whistles will not make a difference. If the Emarks cut is noticeably better I would go with that, but if they are close to the same I would vote Hustler.
BTW, have you tried a Walker Super B? I have too many ditches and rough mowing areas for one, but I loved the demo I had on other places I cut.

There is a spacer kit for the blades available that lifts the blades creating more turbulance under the deck for certain areas. Thus creating a better quality cut for different areas and grasses around the world. I did have a complaint once on this and the customer installed the kit and then said it was the best quality cut he's ever had out of any mower. Just thought I'd let you know in case your dealer didn't.