PDA

View Full Version : eXmark... which one should i get!?!?

GracesLandscaping
03-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Ok so i decided im getting a new mower this season. was debating Hustler and eXmark and im going with exmark because i am 110% happy with my dealer and the only hustler dealer is about 45 mins away and i know nothing about him. I am kinda stuck between two exmarks though. they are both leftover 2008 models. one is 28hp Kawi 60" ultra cut. the other is a demo with 23 hours on it but its the 35 vanguard, triton deck, susp. seat, runflat front tires all that with the same warrenty. in my area there isn't a noticable difference in the triton and ultra cut. the 28hp is 8000 and i can get the demo one for 9200. which should i get??? i dont know if the extra 1200 will be worth it for me or not. I have ran a 25 hp dixie chopper the past 5 seasons and hp is not really a big problem. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

milo
03-17-2009, 11:04 AM
i would buy a hustler before either but between the 2 exmarks get the cheaper one.

GracesLandscaping
03-17-2009, 11:09 AM
yea i would like to have a hustler but the exmark dealer has treated me awesome the past 5 years i have dealt with him and hes also local... the husler dealer is a good ways away and i know nothing about him other than his location so if it ever broke down i would be in a bind whereas my dealer is right up the road and would lend me a backup if something goes wrong with the exmark

another thing... is there a difference between the triton and ultra cut as far as bagging/leaf collection goes?

milo
03-17-2009, 11:20 AM
28 60 ultracut a great choice and cheaper than other one. if you buy the hustler it will not break down :dancing: well i have 2 hustler dealers by me and about 5 exmark by me. i can say the hustler dealer by me took my mower (right away ) i was just stopping for them to check something and they ended up doing work while i waited.
i can say this. in my area a exmark cuts better but for handling, smooth ride and hills hustler better.. both great but dont buy the expensive exmark, 28hp on 60 inch deck plenty. the briggs will take alot more gas and who knows what thats going to be this summer

jtkplc
03-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Is the 35hp paired with a 60" deck? If so, that is WAY overkill. The 28hp should be adequate.

GracesLandscaping
03-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Is the 35hp paired with a 60" deck? If so, that is WAY overkill. The 28hp should be adequate.

yes its a 35 vanguard with a 60" triton. the motor is really the least of my concerns because with my 25 kohler the only time i have a problem with it bogging down is in burmuda which is understandable... so not really an issue there. really the expensive one seems alot better but really i dont think its gonna be much difference for my situation other than the susp seat.... because out of 5 mowing seasons i have never had a front tire go flat on my dixie