PDA

View Full Version : Daihatsu Diesel

EvenCutLawnCare
03-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Good afternoon.

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. It looks like a lot of helpful people post here. Here is my question. How scared should i be of a Daihatsu diesel? I just bought a used gravely 260 with the Daihatsu 31hp turbo diesel engine. After reading through a few posts on this site i am beginning to get concerned that i bought an engine that could cost me money and hassles. I have 2 other gravely zero turns with kawasaki engines and the machines have been great...no problems at all. So, are these diesel engines fairly good? Are the problems i have been reading about somewhat isolated? The machine has 750 hours on it and i got a good price.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Mike

EvenCutLawnCare
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Actually one more thing....The mower was an ebay item and paid 50% via paypal and i will be paying the balance when i drive to connecticut this friday to pick up the machine. Is there anything in particular i should look at regarding this engine or certain problem areas i may be able to notice before this engine would fail?

Thanks

Mike

djagusch
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
If it runs good then it should be fine. Most of the time issues occur when people don't watch the gauges (ie engine temp goes up because of grass in the radiator). So if you have good operators, do the correct maintenance the engine will last longer than the mower. But if you do have issues with the engine, repairs tend to cost more than a gas engine.