PDA

View Full Version : Belgard Arbel - Pattern

JimLewis
03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
We are in the process of installing our first Belgard Arblel paver patio. Done lots of paver work but first time using this one.

Do you guys follow the pattern they show on the Belgard website? Or you just piece them together however they fit, like a puzzle? Does it turn out any better to use their pattern?

My local rep. said it doesn't really matter. He said all the companies at the home show this year (7 contractors displayed this paver) just did a random pattern - however they could get them to fit together.

Just wondered what your guys' experience was with laying these out. Do your worry about keeping to the pattern at all?

zedosix
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
As far as I can recall, they only fit together one way. This is the arbel from permacon I'm referring too, but believe it is the same as Belgards.

JimLewis
03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
I assure you, there is a LOT more than one way they go together. In any given place, you can put any one of the different pavers. I mean, they have to fit. There are some instances where the paver you want to use doesn't fit. But other than that specific paver, any of the other 2 or 3 varieties of pavers would work there.

landstyles
03-17-2009, 07:25 PM
As zedosix said....the permacon arbel goes together one way. Our first try we tried to go our own way and it didn't work. It was a waste of time (money). Follow the pattern and you'll fly through your pallets

DVS Hardscaper
03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Arbel more or less only goes in one way.

And YES....we HAVE installed it.

First time it took about 18 minutes for the crew of 3 to figure it out.

zedosix
03-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks guys, thought I was losing my mind there. I'm quite sure its one way only, we've done about 4 or 5 projects and don't remember there being a multitude of ways to go together. Probably not the same brick Jim.

JimLewis
03-19-2009, 03:34 AM
Ok. Well turns out you guys were right. We finished the job today and I asked my guys about it. They told me that after they started doing it for a while they realized there was really only one way they fit together right.

When we first started laying it out, we realized we could do it several different ways. But I didn't stick around too long. I had to get to my appointments. And I got a good team. I knew they'd figure it out on their own. So I left them to it. But they explained to me that although yes, there were other ways to START doing it, all those other ways eventually failed as you started to work your way outward. It would work to a point, then at some point they always end up with some wierd gap that couldn't be fixed. So after a half hour of trial and error, they finally came up with the right way to piece it together, so it all fit right. I still haven't figured that out. But they did. And it turned out great. The customer loves it.

It was a fairly small patio. Just 22' x 11'. So it was a nice place to start. Looking forward to doing more with the Arbel now that we've tackled one. It went together pretty easily actually.