PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Suppliers in Northern, NJ and Southern, NY?

mkwl
03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
So, who does everyone in Bergen and Rockland Counties use for mulch suppliers? I was using a place on Rt 304 last year (in Pearl River, NY), but they went out of business. Anyone ever use Dependable Mulch in Wyckoff, NJ or Organic Recycling in Oragneburg, NY?

Thanks,
Matt

ALLPro Landscaping
03-20-2009, 12:54 AM
I use organic recycleing

kenny s
03-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Is the supplier who went out of business the one one the north side of Rt.304, just south of Ted Schultz Ford? They also sell firewood don't they? What happened? Do you know why they went out of business? I was just by there yesterday on my way to New City to take my Rockland County Contractor Lincense test. They put up a nice new white fence and shrubs on the outside. There is a huge pile of firewood inside the fence. Have any details? Thanks. :confused:
Kenny s.

mkwl
03-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Is the supplier who went out of business the one one the north side of Rt.304, just south of Ted Schultz Ford? They also sell firewood don't they? What happened? Do you know why they went out of business? I was just by there yesterday on my way to New City to take my Rockland County Contractor Lincense test. They put up a nice new white fence and shrubs on the outside. There is a huge pile of firewood inside the fence. Have any details? Thanks. :confused:
Kenny s.

Yes, that's the supplier I used last year. I don't know exactly why they closed.

jpmako
03-26-2009, 07:55 AM
They are still in business but they left that location.
They have a huge yard in Tuxedo NY but are shopping for another location closer to the one on 304. It is my understanding that they are looking at a couple of places in Chestnut Ridge. That would be great as it is very close to the NY/NJ border. BTW I don't know if they will be able to accept debris because of the new law that passed last year. All waste is supposed to go to the Solid Waste Management Authority in Hillburn. Blame that on our Town Supervisor. He is an Idiot:angry:. I went to the town meetings last year with about 100 or so other Contractors from our area to express our concerns over this Monopoly but it got us nowhere. I will talk to the owner of PCTS whom is the owner of the Mulch yard and find out what they are doing. Hopefully They can get a location closer to me becuase going to Organic Recycling sucks, and I refuse to go wait in line in Hillburn to get charged $90.00 a ton with a 1 ton minimum.

jdiller
03-07-2010, 01:06 PM
So, who does everyone in Bergen and Rockland Counties use for mulch suppliers? I was using a place on Rt 304 last year (in Pearl River, NY), but they went out of business. Anyone ever use Dependable Mulch in Wyckoff, NJ or Organic Recycling in Oragneburg, NY?

Thanks,
Matt

Ive used "Dependable Mulch" for the last few years. They prob have the best prices we've seen. We get it spread by them too. They've always done a good job:)

greenworldh2o
03-07-2010, 09:10 PM
o'sullivan recycling center took over the facility on west nyack road. they provide a good product. they also have a facility on western highway, in west nyack, ny. most landscape contractors purchase from o'sullivan or perfect cut. both provide a good product. it is usually what is more convienent for you. perfect cut is in the northern part of rockland and o'sullivan is in the south. i have heard very little complaints about both company's mulch. o'sullivan has a mulch blower so he can provide that service for large commerical accounts or hard to reach locations (roof tops in nyc).

brian

godzilla
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Have you guys ever tried Ben Veltidi? I think that's what the company is called.

QuadRacer041
03-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Ive used "Dependable Mulch" for the last few years. They prob have the best prices we've seen. We get it spread by them too. They've always done a good job:)

One of my customers said they got a price from them for about $10-15 a yard less then me so I told them to go ahead and give them a try, they were very skimpy on the mulch. I would not recommend them.

Lugnut
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Have you guys ever tried Ben Veltidi? I think that's what the company is called.

yea they have good mulch, I either buy their mulch through Devitt's or go to Penning's depending on which side of town I'm working in.

jdiller
09-29-2010, 02:01 PM
we used www.dependable-mulch.com again this year

they always do a great job

mkwl
09-29-2010, 02:14 PM
we used www.dependable-mulch.com again this year

they always do a great job

What's the name of your LCO?

I used dependable mulch for ONE job of mine ONCE... they didn't do the job anywhere near the quality my clients expect- they left a mess, did not leave a clean lawn/mulch edge (after we had already edged out all the beds with a spade 3" deep)... broke a few sprinkler heads... never again.

With 2-3 guys... we can spread 8 yards an hour... no need for dependable anymore.