PDA

View Full Version : Which blades do you use???

burge19
03-17-2009, 05:51 PM
I just bought a new lazer z 60" with a bagger. I have never had a bagger before and was wondering what some of you other guys use as far as blades with the bagger? Any input would be appreciated.

mowerbrad
03-17-2009, 06:00 PM
On my bob-cat I use gator blades because they compact the grass alot better, thus not having to empty as often. But with the gators I do have to slow down more. With the regular high lifts that I used to use, they would cut cleaner at higher speeds but yet I would have to empty twice as often. Blades really aren't too expensive, if I were you I would buy a set of a couple different kinds and see which ones you like best.

burge19
03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
On my bob-cat I use gator blades because they compact the grass alot better, thus not having to empty as often. But with the gators I do have to slow down more. With the regular high lifts that I used to use, they would cut cleaner at higher speeds but yet I would have to empty twice as often. Blades really aren't too expensive, if I were you I would buy a set of a couple different kinds and see which ones you like best.

Ok thanks for the help!!! do you leave your bagger on all year round or use it for just fall and spring cleanups??

STIHL GUY
03-17-2009, 09:34 PM
i have bagged with my gators and they do ok. they do pack the grass well but you have to slow down a bit

4.3mudder
03-17-2009, 10:01 PM
I have the baffled mulch kit on my 60 z, high lift gator mulcher magnum blades from Oregon, they are awesome, I would recommend them to anyone, they are perfect for me in any type of season and on any grass.

The White Night
04-05-2009, 11:01 AM
I have the baffled mulch kit on my 60 z, high lift gator mulcher magnum blades from Oregon, they are awesome, I would recommend them to anyone, they are perfect for me in any type of season and on any grass.

did you get your gator hi lift blades online or at a local dealer? Im having a very tough time trying to find them, and not to many local dealers have them near me, closest is about an hour anyway, but thats not to promising. any help would be great, Thanks!

CD&Elawncare
04-13-2009, 04:27 AM
I did a search on ebay for the gator hight lift blades and came up with 2 sets for my tank for $99 buy it now and $13 shipping. two sets being a total of 6 blades. seems like a good deal but is it?