PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! New GreenTouch Xtreme Rack Won't Lock

Clean Cut Lawn Care LLC
03-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Just put the new rack on yesterday, and go to play with it, take the padlock out and whatnot, and ever since I have not been able to get it to lock back. Immediate thought was my stupidity, but have since ruled that out (hopefully). Went and bought a new lock to see if that was the case and no luck. The problem seems that when I rotate it back to the lock position, I am unable to get the lock pushed in far enough to catch. I think it either has something to do with the piece of aluminum the lock is on not letting the lock get pushed in far enough or something of that nature. Dont get me wrong, I love the thing and it is built like a tank. Anyone else ever had this problem? Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Why did you take the padlock out? When I unlock mine, the lock just pops out an inch or so but stays in the steel sheath. I would call Green Touch, they should be helpful.

Clean Cut Lawn Care LLC
03-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Well I guess curiousity. Like to know how it all works. Mine does the same, just when I go to push the lock back in, it never catches.

ALC-GregH
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
You broke it. Quality Lawn said it right. The lock isn't MADE to come out if it's assembled correctly. Mine works great. It's fine tuned and everything works perfectly. You might call them and see if they can help fix your mistake.

Clean Cut Lawn Care LLC
03-17-2009, 10:09 PM
I believe you have missed the part on the instructions that tells how to replace the lock with a number 3 typical lock. You remove the rotation limiter bolt from the back. Here http://www.greentouch.com/XTREME_INS.pdf

The lock is made to come out so I am sure I made no mistakes. To make it a little clearer on what is wrong with mine, when I put it back into the lock position to push the padlock back in...it is only going about 1/4 of an inch into the sleeve. Its like the aluminum piece the lock rests in is catching on the inside of that lock sleeve.

ALC-GregH
03-17-2009, 10:22 PM
You might have to do some dremeling. I had issues with mine sticking real bad but once I figured out how it all works I just needed to trim some material off and it's prefect. I'd take it back apart and see where it's getting stuck and try to remedy the problem. The lock and stuff worked fine on mine from the start.

Clean Cut Lawn Care LLC
03-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Problem Fixed...thats exactly what it needed....the aluminum piece was catching on the inside of the sleeve on some overhang from the weld of the sleeve and main round body. Thanks again.

ALC-GregH
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
No problem. I had a lot of crap on mine that I needed to clean up with a dremel and a die grinder. You'll love it after you start using it.