PDA

View Full Version : What is a fair price for spreading pine straw?

flames46
03-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm a solo operation in Georgia and I've got to price a decent sized residential job for spreading pine straw and hedge trimming. I realize that the price per bale varies around the country. What I'd like to know is approximately how much per bale is fair to charge and how many square feet one bale will cover. The beds already have decent depth of old pine straw. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FIRESCOOBY
03-17-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm a solo operation in Georgia and I've got to price a decent sized residential job for spreading pine straw and hedge trimming. I realize that the price per bale varies around the country. What I'd like to know is approximately how much per bale is fair to charge and how many square feet one bale will cover. The beds already have decent depth of old pine straw. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I charge the same amount to install that it costs per bale. Lately I've been paying $300, therefore charging $6/ bale to install.

Ideally a bale is said to cover 100 sq ft, but it will depend on the straw. Good clean and dry straw will go down quicker and cover better. I an usually "visualize" pretty good what a bale will cover.

If the present straw is old, you still need to put down a good cover. Ideally it's good to remove the old straw.

DaughtryLC
03-17-2009, 11:16 PM
I take my price x2 but if its ALOT of straw for one customer I'll give them a break. Say over 50 and over 100