PDA

View Full Version : Flyers every house or no??

coqui landscaping
03-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Hey guys this is my first yr i have done this before but this is my first yr starting by myself now this is the situation an honest question to you more experienced players in the game i started my marketing campaign passing out fyers 2 weeks ago now my thing is every time I'm passing out i ask myself this question should i drive around from neighborhood to neighborhood passing EVERY house or leave at the houses that most needed now i know obviously if u can leave it in every single house it will be great but I'm asking this question with in mind that i dont have the money for thousands and thousands of flyers ????????????????:confused:

whoopassonthebluegrass
03-17-2009, 10:23 PM
I think it'd be hard to judge who's likely to hire you. Folks who're in need of immediate lawn care don't likely have the $$$ to hire it out or they already would have...

TXNSLighting
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Wow that is one long sentence..If your offering just mowing, then yeh if it looks like a worthy house, then go for it.

White Gardens
03-17-2009, 11:31 PM
I've been back and forth on that issue.

I thought, hey, if the place doesn't look like they would hire me, then why put out a flier.

Then I realized that sometimes the dingy houses might be waiting for someone like me to leave a flier. Besides, even if you don't drum up business, your still getting the word out of who you are, and recognition always helps.

I figure one potential client for 100 fliers, so, I really couldn't find a reason to be picky about who I try and sell myself to.

honeydopm
03-17-2009, 11:51 PM
I look at every house i pass as a potential client so i hit every one possible. I don't think there is a way to judge who would want your services and who wouldn't. Just use every advertising dollar you have to its full potential. I've had the best luck so far with my cheapest and in my opinion my worst advertising piece yet. Good luck

coqui landscaping
03-18-2009, 12:33 AM
thanx guys i do feel is true what you are saying but man im here in orlando florida and theres a house everywhere and i mean to cover a good area u need thousands and thousands of flyers

Classified
03-18-2009, 01:42 AM
I drop at every house. I mean, if your walking in front of it why not drop a flyer? I dropped off 200 door hangers on monday and man my legs are sore! The winter has turned me into jello!

HulkXD
03-18-2009, 02:20 AM
Wow that is one long sentence..If your offering just mowing, then yeh if it looks like a worthy house, then go for it.

The highlighted part is all I can concentrate on.... It's hard to read without punctuation.

To answer your question, I'd hit every house if I had enough fliers. If your advertising budget is tight, then you have to be choosy and hit the homes that look like they need someone, but also like they'd pay.

Good luck.

DaughtryLC
03-18-2009, 03:54 AM
Im still looking for tha clue in tha sentence!

Put one at every house!

leafitalawn
03-18-2009, 08:18 AM
response rate is more like 2-4 per thousand here (.2% to .4%)...

azandy
03-18-2009, 08:32 AM
When we door hang a neighborhood, we try to only hang the single family homes. I usually hire a handfull of High school students to do this during the day on one of their many spring days off. This way I take out the emotion, by me not selecting certain homes. It's supprising how many homes I wouldn't think would have or spend any money but do. If some one is home and comes out to ask a question, I feel it's better for the high school student to polietly say please call us. otherwise I spend too much time with tire kickers and don't get anymore door hanging done. The number of sales work better this way.

Carolina Cuts
03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
hit em' all.... in the hopes of getting them all... "Weed" through em' later. I even put fliers on the lawns that were obviously freshly mowed.

PLS-Tx
03-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Do them all, in areas that you want to service.

coqui landscaping
03-18-2009, 10:40 AM
good stuff guys !! sorry for the long sentence i was tired and sleepy when i wrote it jaja

rnd
03-18-2009, 11:18 AM
For ideas on flyers,doorhangers and post cards go to RNDSIGNS.COM (http://rndsigns.com). See ideas from all over the U.S. Request a FREE marketing handbook.

sancho_man_orlando
03-23-2009, 05:00 PM
I believe you recently put one of your flyers at my parents house...

Off Goldenrod Rd.

Woody82986
03-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I often look at flyering as comparable to how I went about getting part time jobs I wanted when I was younger. I figured out where I wanted to work, I submitted an application, and then I hounded the hell out of them until they got so annoyed they brought me in for an interview just to stop me from calling anymore. Once I had an interview, getting hired was a cake walk. I apply the same logic to neighborhoods I want work in. There are a couple neighborhoods I have already flyered 2 times this spring and it's working well.

JDUtah
03-23-2009, 07:31 PM
You want your rout to be as tight as possible... the tighter your advertising, the tighter your rout will be...

Think... The more efficient your service rout = MORE MONEY!

Hit every house, don't waste time walking past a house. That is time lost while advertising AND potentially time lost while doing your rout in the future.

albhb3
03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
not to hijack your thread i like it but do you ever feel as if your bothering them or doing something wrong i know i feel like im about to get shot for going onto private property. I may have to high some high schoolers I like it

dewos
03-24-2009, 01:11 AM
You mentioned about you did not have the money for thousands of fliers... I would check out vistaprint.com they give alot of stuff away for free.. All you have to do is pay for the shipping I use them alot. And the the person above me who feels like he is doing something wrong.. your not, either they will say hey I could use this or throw it in the trash. If there is a no soliciting sign then I do not bother.

Good Luck Flier it up, Again, and Again.

mdvaden
03-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Stay a bit concentrated.

If you do every other house, and find that varuous neighborhoods were really good, you may have a tough time figuing out which every other house you did not do, as soon as you want to return and finish.

I just skip rental looking houses. Often the homes with like 3 small cheap economy cars clogging the front.

coqui landscaping
03-24-2009, 11:40 PM
i agree completely

JohnnyCuts
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
5000 6x4 postcards delivered for $150 from gotprint.com. Everyone should be able to afford that.