PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa t2500????

honeydopm
03-17-2009, 11:28 PM
My dealer is trying to sell me one but i cant find any recent info on this model only the 2510. Does anyone know how old these are and have any info on them??

The Lawn Gator
03-17-2009, 11:58 PM
If it's a Shindaiwa it's GOOD!

K/B
03-18-2009, 06:17 AM
T2500 is the original model trimmer with a C4 engine (released in early 2002). It's pretty old. He should give you a super bargain for it, as those trimmers have had a lot of upgrades since then.

Mickhippy
03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Had one when they first came out. I found it a little heavy and under powered compared to the straight 2 stroke Kawasaki's Ive run since.
For light use like edging, light trimming around a house or what ever, there fine. Just bog down when into long thick grass/weeds with heavier line.

honeydopm
03-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Im not getting it if its that old.

Pietro
03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I dont know much about the Shindawia line, other than I wont ever use theyre stuff again. We were in the shop for a blower 2 years ago. We wanted the redmax 8001. The dealer told us the new shindawai was more powerful than the 8001 (we wanted it for leaved). It blew a headgasket THAT DAY. Got it fixed under warentee....and it blew again. Took it back, exchanged it for a redmax. Horrible product. Turns out the issue was caused by the manufactorer. They didnt torque the headstuds down enough in the factory, causing head lift and blown headgaskets. If they can get that right who knows what else they miss. I will stay away from all shindawai products because of that. We paid $500+ for that item. Thats not quality.

K/B
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I dont know much about the Shindawia line, other than I wont ever use theyre stuff again. We were in the shop for a blower 2 years ago. We wanted the redmax 8001. The dealer told us the new shindawai was more powerful than the 8001 (we wanted it for leaved). It blew a headgasket THAT DAY. Got it fixed under warentee....and it blew again. Took it back, exchanged it for a redmax. Horrible product. Turns out the issue was caused by the manufactorer. They didnt torque the headstuds down enough in the factory, causing head lift and blown headgaskets. If they can get that right who knows what else they miss. I will stay away from all shindawai products because of that. We paid $500+ for that item. Thats not quality.

LOL. I've heard the same thing about Redmax, Stihl (there was a boatload of problems with the early Stihl 4-mix blowers...and there continues to be some problems) Husqvarna, Echo, any brand. Ford, Chevy and Dodge, too. My point is that no matter what brand, there will ALWAYS be the potential for getting hold of a lemon.
That, and at the time you bought the blower, the C4 technology was very new to the blower market. The important thing is that Shindaiwa corrected the problems that they were having.

weve
03-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I bought a T2500 demo unit in the fall of 2003. It ran for about 50 hours and then would not start. My area distributor installed the 2510 upgrade kit and it has run fine ever since.

I'd make sure the 2510 upgrade kit has been installed.