PDA

View Full Version : update on my story

mowzilla
03-17-2009, 11:51 PM
well, i finally got my company going with a good solid account finally.. i have a limited budget, so for right now i can't grow real fast, but my 'anchor account' will allow me some very appreciated major league exposure. i was able to finally get some new gear ( my shinny m242) so now i feel like i am more 'able' to provide the service level i want. i am nursing my walkbehind ( until wife gets a job and i can get a new one) and i pray GOD will bless me with enough work to finally leave the day job and do my own thing. i thank everyone here for the advice and hope and wish the best to all of us in these very tight times. my company's name is riverbend landscape service out of cartersville, ga. right now i just mow/blow/edge/prune/leaves/mulch/pinestraw/weeds. i have been blessed to have learned a lot about what to do and what not to do at day job, and hope i can keep it going and my weekend job (myself) all this year until i see what GOD has in store. my current goal is my 'anchor account' and maybe 10 more? i am centering on doing what they don't do at my day job- residential, and offering plans that can fit virtually any budget, even doing just the things for homeowners who just 'cuts the grass' but don't edge,prune,leaves, etc.. whatever i can do to get a shot at some business. i was lucky enough to have the cash and/or most of the equipment already paid for so my overhead is basically gas/insurance/belts/blades/repairs/roundup/disposal. i haven't moved into fert or installs yet, i sub that out for now ( it works out better for me at the moment) ..thanks guys

DaughtryLC
03-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Good Luck from NC!!

viking05
03-18-2009, 12:17 AM
wish you the best mowzilla, i see we have a lot in common, and you know what? reading people stories here at lawnsite.com and how everyone helps each other , keeps me motivated, really great site GOD bless all of us, i see this site does what teamworks is to be...everybody helps others................