PDA

View Full Version : bed edging Pricing??????

mowerman41
03-18-2009, 12:54 AM
just curious what you charge a foot for bed edging. New bed edging and maintance edging.........

lawntennis
04-01-2009, 11:02 AM
bump to the top

AA+ landscaping
04-01-2009, 09:43 PM
It all depends on how you are going to do it and what it entails. For example, I use a Turf Teq bed edger and I would charge $0.25 a foot for bed edging only. There would be an extra charge to remove the dirt. I know that $0.25 sounds cheap, but when you edge 700 feet in 30 minutes you make out. If it is a contract customer that I am installing mulch for, I do the edging for free because it makes it easier for me to trim throughout the season.

Big Red Ferris
04-03-2009, 03:36 PM
what do you charge too haul it away if need be ?

DC & Sons
04-10-2009, 02:28 AM
bump .... bumppp

GracesLandscaping
04-10-2009, 02:55 AM
if im creating a bed and not just redefining one i charge one dollar a foot. this is the shovel method i dont have a bed edger. if im just redefining its usually a mulch job and ill just tack on whatever i feel is necessary

birdturd9726
04-10-2009, 07:13 PM
light edging / re-shaping is $0.50 per foot and to create a new edge is $0.80 per foot

Trenchblade
04-11-2009, 04:02 PM
if im creating a bed and not just redefining one i charge one dollar a foot. this is the shovel method i dont have a bed edger. if im just redefining its usually a mulch job and ill just tack on whatever i feel is necessary

if you have a stick edger you should check out the trenchblade, it is better that using a shovel for sure.

green monster
04-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Here is a cool product from ECHO. I saw it advertised on the left side of this website with the other advertisers. It sure beats a shovel and it is a lot less money than the other edgers I have seen. Plus, it doesn't take up any more space on the trailer than a trimmer or an edger. I saw one in person at my dealer's open house and they were selling it for $650.

This link has a video of it in action:

http://www.echo-usa.com/productlanding/?Page=BRD280

LB1234
04-11-2009, 11:35 PM
if you have a stick edger you should check out the trenchblade, it is better that using a shovel for sure.

I know you are a sponsor and everyone seems to have nothing but positive things to say about your product...but how does this answer the posters questions on pricing?

LB1234
04-11-2009, 11:38 PM
For landscape bed edging before mulch...

$0.50 per lineal foot for landscape bed edging that has been done the previous year or well maintained. More money if the beds haven't been done in awhile or creating new...simply b/c there will be material that need to be removed from the bed.

green monster
04-12-2009, 12:06 AM
I believe Trenchblade was responding to Graces Landscaping who said he is using a shovel. That was the purpose of my post also. By the way, if Trenchblade is reading this, I can't get your videos to work on your website. I wanted to see that blade in action.

mikes280z
04-12-2009, 12:16 AM
I know you are a sponsor and everyone seems to have nothing but positive things to say about your product...but how does this answer the posters questions on pricing?

lol yeah..

just landed a mulch job. edge and mulch 20 pine trees. 7-8 ft tall. so i guess 7-8 ft accross. i looked at the trees and figured 5 dollars a tree. i could dump the dirt on site. $200 for 6hr work with a shovel. turns out it was sticky clay. was so heavy and back braking i shoulda charged 10$ a tree. they woulda never had me do the work if did though. and i charged 80$ a yard for 4 yards. it only took 3 though. gona use the extra tomorrow on my next job.. worked ok in the end i guess. aside from my feet and back are sore from shovel duty

mikes280z
04-12-2009, 12:17 AM
oh and the trench blade woulda never made it through this dirt. my pas 265 edger attachment hardly did

Trenchblade
04-14-2009, 08:27 AM

I was responding to GracesLandscaping's post, its quoted in my reply.

Trenchblade
04-14-2009, 08:31 AM
I believe Trenchblade was responding to Graces Landscaping who said he is using a shovel. That was the purpose of my post also. By the way, if Trenchblade is reading this, I can't get your videos to work on your website. I wanted to see that blade in action.

i checked them out and they were working ok. i have it up on youtube, google video, vimeo. if you go t any of those sites and search trenchblade demonstration you should be able to see it there if you cant see it on my site.

Trenchblade
04-14-2009, 08:33 AM
oh and the trench blade woulda never made it through this dirt. my pas 265 edger attachment hardly did

i have put it through some pretty hard clay, that all we got down here in GA.
Although it does take a little more work to put it through clay, it has been done. Have you ever tried the trenchblade?

Mowbizz
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Although it does take a little more work to put it through clay, it has been done. Have you ever tried the trenchblade?

Hey Mr Trenchblade...I am going to buy some online...but tell me something...where does the dirt go??
And...I have the Stihl Kombi curved edger, so which Blade # should I use??
Thanks!
Mowbizz

mikes280z
04-14-2009, 10:23 PM

oops i got you confused with the echo bed redifiner. i acctualy called you today to purchase some blades. how irronic is that.. and the comment about not getting through the clay is more about the pas 265 not having the gutts. i thought i was gona burn up my clutch on the first job with my new echo.
was so sticky and clogged on every tree. really think the echo redifiner would have been useless. it has its place just not in clay im sure.. then again the 285 might have the kick.. probly not though

Trenchblade
04-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Hey Mr Trenchblade...I am going to buy some online...but tell me something...where does the dirt go??
And...I have the Stihl Kombi curved edger, so which Blade # should I use??
Thanks!
Mowbizz
If you walk forward with it, the pulverized soil stays in the trench. If you walk backwards with it, the soil gets evenly dispersed into the beds. For the curved shaft you have to use a 40 on it.

Trenchblade
04-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Sorry mowerman41, I did not mean to hi jack this thread. sorry bout that.

kaferhaus
04-15-2009, 08:20 AM
I just tried the trenchblade for the first time (40). I believe there's a huge difference between the two blades (as I noticed from the pictures on the website).

The 40 cuts a narrow, square and fairly shallow trench. We only use Stihl curved shaft edgers so it was the only option. Not sure we have any practical use for them as the guys were less than impressed with it for bed edging.

HOWEVER, I have not personally used it yet they may hav not been doing something right nor taken the time to experiment with it to see if they could get a better result. They did say that you cannot consistently hold it (the edger) at an angle to get a nice looking edge. Of course the blade has nothing to do with that, these edgers aren't designed to operate that way and while moving over grass.... pretty much impossilbe with a light weight edger.

I was thinking that if these were available for walk behind edgers where you can tilt the blade they might be much more effective. I'd sure give those a try.

We also demo'd the Echo re-definer, works good in fairly loose soil, not so good in anything else or in "damp" soil... blade gummed up quickly. Didn't buy it for that reason.

Trenchblade
04-15-2009, 08:59 AM
I just tried the trenchblade for the first time (40). I believe there's a huge difference between the two blades (as I noticed from the pictures on the website).

The 40 cuts a narrow, square and fairly shallow trench. We only use Stihl curved shaft edgers so it was the only option. Not sure we have any practical use for them as the guys were less than impressed with it for bed edging.

HOWEVER, I have not personally used it yet they may hav not been doing something right nor taken the time to experiment with it to see if they could get a better result. They did say that you cannot consistently hold it (the edger) at an angle to get a nice looking edge. Of course the blade has nothing to do with that, these edgers aren't designed to operate that way and while moving over grass.... pretty much impossilbe with a light weight edger.

I was thinking that if these were available for walk behind edgers where you can tilt the blade they might be much more effective. I'd sure give those a try.

We also demo'd the Echo re-definer, works good in fairly loose soil, not so good in anything else or in "damp" soil... blade gummed up quickly. Didn't buy it for that reason.
what kind of wb edger do you have? I did make some 9 and 10" blades for some wb edgers last year with various size holes. I might have one that fits your wb edger. pm me and let me know what size blade your wb edger normally takes and i can get one to you

Mowbizz
04-16-2009, 12:55 AM
If you walk forward with it, the pulverized soil stays in the trench. If you walk backwards with it, the soil gets evenly dispersed into the beds. For the curved shaft you have to use a 40 on it.

Hi, I just ordered one from you. I Read the post about the guy having his crew try them and they weren't overly impressed. But then the guy said he wanted to try it himself...I guess I'll do the same.