PDA

View Full Version : need a 12k RC mower??

mitchgo
03-18-2009, 05:11 AM
http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/combine-remote-control-fun-and-lawn-care-with-an-rc-mower-20090317/

With Spring just around the corner, I canít wait to be rid of the chill of Winter. One thing Iím not looking forward to, however, is the chore of weekly mowing. Of course if I had one of these it would make the job a lot easier - not to mention a lot more fun.

The gadget pictured above is a Hybrid Goat Robot (Model 22T to be exact) from EvaTech and it is a robot that will happily munch on your grass while letting you kick back with a remote control and perhaps a frosty beverage.

This mini tank with mulching capacity has a 6.75 horsepower Kawasaki gas engine and a set of treads to maximize traction and stability. This allows the 22T Goat Robot mower to move at a steady pace of 8 miles pet hour and to climb 70 degree slopes without tipping over. The 24V electrical system also on the Goat not only serves to power the brain of the unit but also the drive system which never needs recharging.

Sadly while the Hybrid Goat Robot would be fun to own, the price tag of $11,999 makes it out of reach for most people. But then if I could afford a $12K lawn mower it would just be cheaper to hire someone to mow the grass for you. Not as much fun, though.

Read more at Gizmodo, found via TechEBlog