PDA

View Full Version : Mr drip it good

AI Inc
03-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Is Hunter popular in MI? I did an estimate last night for a couple that just moved here from MI. They said they had 2 previous irrigation systems , but had never heard of Hunter. Is Hunter not that popular in MI?

Dripit good
03-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Is Hunter popular in MI? I did an estimate last night for a couple that just moved here from MI. They said they had 2 previous irrigation systems , but had never heard of Hunter. Is Hunter not that popular in MI?

Yes sir, very popular. Other than Rain Bird valves we pretty much use Hunter heads and controllers across the board.

Maybe they're yoopers?

You will find Hunter products everywhere around the Detroit area. I would think everywhere else in the state too.

AI Inc
03-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Thats kinda what I thought. Guess thats what surprised me so much.

Dripit good
03-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Were they toro fans? :hammerhead:

AI Inc
03-18-2009, 07:49 AM
No,, rainbird

AI Inc
03-18-2009, 08:06 AM
So are you in Detroit / metro wayne county? I knew a woman from Dearborn yrs ago.

Dripit good
03-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Yes, mainly Oakland and Wayne county. We also work in the surrounding counties.

Will travel for work. :laugh:

AI Inc
03-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Hows the economy doing out that way?

Dripit good
03-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Are you serious?

It's absolutely horrible. On top of things Brickman has infiltrated the area ruining the market for all of us. We have lost several large properties due to their ridiculous pricing.

Out of work auto workers are cutting grass and doing landscape enhancements furthering the down slide.

Hard to blame those guys though........we all need to pay bills and feed our families.

It's the "Walmart" of the industry thats really screwing things up around here for us. The housing market is bad. Hard to believe the devaluing of property going on. Too many people loosing their jobs due to auto manufacturing going down. It's depressing. Gota stay positive though.

DanaMac
03-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Are you serious?

It's absolutely horrible. On top of things Brickman has infiltrated the area ruining the market for all of us. We have lost several large properties due to their ridiculous pricing.

Out of work auto workers are cutting grass and doing landscape enhancements furthering the down slide.

Hard to blame those guys though........we all need to pay bills and feed our families.

It's the "Walmart" of the industry thats really screwing things up around here for us. The housing market is bad. Hard to believe the devaluing of property going on. Too many people loosing their jobs due to auto manufacturing going down. It's depressing. Gota stay positive though.

So you're saying it's not good?

AI Inc
03-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Yeah , it is what it is. Just keep plugging brother.

DanaMac
03-18-2009, 08:37 AM
I keep seeing some reports/articles of local companies laying off more people. But I'm also seeing reports of some companies hiring more here too. And possibly a couple companies moving here or starting up here in the Springs area. If you know of people looking for work, the upcoming population census is needing people. Won't be immediate though.

Dripit good
03-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah , it is what it is. Just keep plugging brother.

You bet.

Thanks bro. :drinkup:

Dripit good
03-18-2009, 08:45 AM
I keep seeing some reports/articles of local companies laying off more people. But I'm also seeing reports of some companies hiring more here too. And possibly a couple companies moving here or starting up here in the Springs area. If you know of people looking for work, the upcoming population census is needing people. Won't be immediate though.

Always loved your area......it's beautiful there.

I could see me moving out west. I'm afraid wifey wouldn't go for it though. She's not big on change. Fortunately she has a good solid job and we are determined to make our company work through these hard times.

hoskm01
03-18-2009, 11:12 AM

I could see me moving out west. I'm afraid wifey wouldn't go for it though. She's not big on change. Fortunately she has a good solid job and we are determined to make our company work through these hard times.
Thats the spirit. We'll all be stronger on the flip side, after weathering the hump.

DanaMac
03-18-2009, 11:59 AM

She would probably love it after spending a winter here. Not a long term cold winter area. lots of sunshine and warm periods during the entire winter. Snow doesn't stick around all winter, and it doesn't turn black (like I used to see back east) because it is gone in a week.

Stuttering Stan
03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
She would probably love it after spending a winter here. Not a long term cold winter area. lots of sunshine and warm periods during the entire winter. Snow doesn't stick around all winter, and it doesn't turn black (like I used to see back east) because it is gone in a week.

I'll vouch for what he said. I spent a week there, the most beautiful sites I have ever seen. Wish I had a winter home in the Rockies!!!

ARGOS
03-18-2009, 10:49 PM

Dripit. I like your post. I like you plant. I even like your avatar. BUT there is no way in hell I would live in Michigan. But then again most people would say the same for where I live.

AI Inc
04-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Well Im guess he decided he likes Hunter now too. He bought, May install.