PDA

View Full Version : New Bri-Mar Dump Trailer- battery and charging questions...

mkwl
03-18-2009, 11:12 AM
I was wondering- does anyone know if the battery on the Bri-Mar dump trailers is wired through the 7 pin connector) to automatically "trickle charge" the battery through the truck ('03 GMC Sierra)?

Also- does anyone know where I can get the "Bri-Mar" onboard battery charger?

How "long" can these batteries go before they need a full re-charge?

Thanks,
Matt

NicksLawnCare
03-18-2009, 11:48 AM
not usually its is wired for brakes and lighting the guage of the wire would be alot bigger if it was to be charging the battery. The battery is a deep cell battery just like boats.

kps2389
03-18-2009, 05:21 PM
I own a 6x10 Bri Mar probably the same as yours. When I bought the trailer the dealer told me that the battery gets a little charging from the wiring on the truck. He said that I would have to drive to Florida and back to get a full charge and I live in Connecticut. The battery holds a charge for a long time I was very surprised by it. I probably dumped 30-35 full loads before I needed to charge it. That was with a deep cycle battery. Hope this helps.

deere615
03-18-2009, 09:20 PM
I got an ez dumper. I heard it is supposed to trickle charge but like kps said its not enough. I just brought a maintenance charger from Tractor supply for $25 I think harbor frieght sells them cheaper and mounted it in the box. I plugged it in gave it a full charge and some nights I will plug it in to keep it charged up.

wellbuilt
03-18-2009, 11:06 PM
All my dumps get charged thru the center pin on the trailer plug . I have a 10 gage wire run to the battery with a in line fuse . I never charge my trailers ever .