PDA

View Full Version : Different ways to Market

dewos
03-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Now that the Economy is bad I was wondering has anyone found some different ways of marketing that maybe successful? Please don't say the fliers/door hangers, papers, etc.

WHIPPLE5.7
03-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Last year I tried going door to door and talking to people but all I got was a whole crap load dogs trying to bite me and rude people so i stuck with the newspaper and let them call me. It would be nice to pick up another 15 or so but unless they call you its not likely you can hook them.

Proc's Lawncare
03-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Haven't tried this...but saw a competitors advertisement on the back of a city bus. Not sure what that cost, but thought it was pretty creative, damn thing looked good too :(

marathonmow
03-18-2009, 03:06 PM
I do all my advertising on the web, and as close to free as possible. I do use craigslist, but do not post everyday (you look a little desperate), I post once a month.

Merchantcircle.com is another free site. it lets you get reviews, write a blog, post coupons and connect with other local merchants. It get's called up by google and yahoo too.

I recently found yelp.com. haven't been able to add more then just my company, but there is potential.

ziply.com is another free classifieds site.

I find these people are ready to hire when they call or email.

MOW ED
03-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Give this a try and let me know how it works...

http://www.ehow.com/how_110676_hire-skywriter.html

bohiaa
03-18-2009, 07:57 PM
HAd a customer of mine who was a radio "person" " not sure what she does "

she got me a GREAT deal on some spots. didn't get not 1 customer from it.

dewos
03-19-2009, 12:06 AM
I do all my advertising on the web, and as close to free as possible. I do use craigslist, but do not post everyday (you look a little desperate), I post once a month.

Merchantcircle.com is another free site. it lets you get reviews, write a blog, post coupons and connect with other local merchants. It get's called up by google and yahoo too.

I recently found yelp.com. haven't been able to add more then just my company, but there is potential.

ziply.com is another free classifieds site.

I find these people are ready to hire when they call or email.

Thanks alot it seems like this will help alot... although i can not figure out how to work the marchantcircle.com one lol