PDA

View Full Version : OCDC options?

MikeKle
03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
I am really needing an OCDC for my walk behinds this year,blowing grass out of mulch beds is not fun anymore! I built one once but the steel rod that I had to raise and lower it kept getting in the way. I need it to be mounted close to the mower as possible. The mower is a turf tracer with ECS, Ive got a pretty good design started but still wondering how to make a device to push/pull the piece welded to the blocking plate? Any pics of OCDCs on walk behinds would be helpful (or drawings). It might be better to just buy one though, because next week I will have not any time to do any fabricating. (we are starting on Monday as long as the weather continues to be nice)However most of the ones Ive seen are mainly for ZTRs. My design uses extension springs,weldments, steel rods,and a handle mounted up by the controls, but something that you could just kick down with your foot might be better? I appreciate all the help.

traman
03-18-2009, 08:05 PM
take a look at this for idea's http://www.trimmertrap.com/site/accessories/bb-1-wb-blade-blocker.html

Power Chute Design
03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
If you go to my site. You can see several images of Power Chutes on Exmark mowers on the Products Images page. The only one made specifically for your mower, color matched with just a two bolt installation. You would also want to toggle switch controller option for your walkbehind.

Thanks...Norm

MikeKle
03-18-2009, 11:17 PM
I like the power chute,but my turf tracer HP does not have a battery, I think I have a good design figured out, it will sit pretty close to the mower, so the steel rod wont get caught up on anything, Im using an old pulley for the main device. I am building it tommorrow. I will post pics when I get it done. The one shown on the first reply from trimmer trap was similar to what I first built, but the steel rod going down to the chute kept catching onto things when mowing.

Power Chute Design
03-19-2009, 09:26 AM
I have several with WB mowers and no battery. What they do is add a small motorcycle battery to run the Power Chute and then use a trickle charger to recharge the battery overnight.

OrangeToys
03-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Does anyone have a power chute on a Scag? Im debating on getting one and don't know how well it will work.