PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Twice Weekly

GravelyGuy
03-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I lost a nice account today because I was not able to cut it more than once per week. I would have if I could. This would have made a scheduling nightmare even more so than biweekly.

I could not have made it there every three or four days. Anyone else ever get this request? I wish the account would have been closer to me where I could just stop by anytime:cry:

Estimates are such a joke this year btw. I can't belive some of the calls I've had this year. I also can't beleive just how unprofessional, unethical, and idiotic one of the large chain operations is. No names mentioned.

This economy has everyone in the mindset that they should get EVERYTHING for next to nothing.

ExtExc
03-18-2009, 10:43 PM
even the people with secure jobs and good incomes are being cheap, they are seeing it as an opportunity to save money, thinking that everyone is starving, and they can capatilize on it. i know of an instance of this that happened to an electrician i know that is laid off and got asked to bid a side job, then got told a competitor was 2K cheaper and asked if he could beat that. who knows if the guy even was that low, my guess is the guy who wants the job done, is bluffing about the other bidder. i can foresee this stuff happening this year to this trade quite often.

scagmower
03-18-2009, 11:02 PM
yeah ive had similar situations but you just got to do what the customer wants, unless you dont think its worth the money or your time, i know doing a lawn twice a wk is kind of hard, but sometimes you just have to sacrifice a little extra time to satisfy the customer.....oh where u at in IN?

tmc8524
03-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Sometimes I wish customers would let me do a lawn twice a week!!! By mid spring it would be nice to do some of them every 3 or 4 days but not everyone is willing to throw that kind of money out. Never had this issue arise.

STIHL GUY
03-18-2009, 11:12 PM
i have never had a customer ask me to mow 2 times a week but i have some accounts that could use it

GravelyGuy
03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
yeah ive had similar situations but you just got to do what the customer wants, unless you dont think its worth the money or your time, i know doing a lawn twice a wk is kind of hard, but sometimes you just have to sacrifice a little extra time to satisfy the customer.....oh where u at in IN?

I'm in Lafayette/West Lafayette.

I have plenty of lawns that could use twice weekly, especially those lawns that go with TGCL for their fert. Nothing like applications of liquid 46-0-0 in the spring time:rolleyes:

This particular lawn is on a side of town that I only at one day out of the week that's the problem with this. Oh well...

scagmower
03-18-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm in Lafayette/West Lafayette.

I have plenty of lawns that could use twice weekly, especially those lawns that go with TGCL for their fert. Nothing like applications of liquid 46-0-0 in the spring time:rolleyes:

This particular lawn is on a side of town that I only at one day out of the week that's the problem with this. Oh well...

yeah i know what you mean nitrogen is what ya need for the grass to grow in the spring!!!!!, well im glad to see another person from IN, on here, nice talking to ya and we ll be in touch

TJLANDS
03-18-2009, 11:43 PM
We cut several homes 2X a week and 8 baseball fields 2x a week.
You should try to Never turn down mowing twice a week, it is a gift.

DJL50
03-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Around here mowing twice a week is standard in the spring but may only mow once every two weeks in Aug when things get hot and dry.
How is it different to schedule that person another day a week over a new customer?
As far as people getting cheap. That comes with the bizz. Nothing wrong with trying to get a good price. We all shop the Sunday ads when we want to buy a TV. Go to Lowe's and ask them to match Home Depot price and reduce another 10%. How many post do we see on here trying to save a buck by buying an oil filter at auto zone rather than the dealer price.