PDA

View Full Version : Free mowing??

Mowbizz
03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Does anyone give away mowing for new account sign-ups or referrals from customers for new accounts??
There's a Craigslist ad in my area for 2 free mowings for signing on with a new account and another free mowing for each referral???

Seems as if the customer gets ambitious he can get a free season's mowing...

Any pros or cons to this type of incentive??

ffemtmcd
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
1 free mow with signed year contract - $5 referral reward towards next billing for each referral from current customers is what I offer.

fazzy815-66
03-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I have a flyer that has a coupon on it for 1 free mowing when you have paid for 6 (sign up for the season) new customers only

FYS777
03-18-2009, 10:00 PM
1 free mow with signed year contract - $5 referral reward towards next billing for each referral from current customers is what I offer.

Hi
What type of stipulation do you have on contract, 30 days if they don't wont you anymore??

I'm offering, 25 dollars of months invoice, if referral signs for season.

Mowbizz
03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
I have a flyer that has a coupon on it for 1 free mowing when you have paid for 6 (sign up for the season) new customers only

Do you mean you are asking for pre-payment of 6 mowings as incentive for a free one with a seasonal sign-up?

STIHL GUY
03-18-2009, 10:06 PM
i will mow for free for a customer that lines me up with a new year long contract with another customer

Mowbizz
03-18-2009, 10:11 PM
i will mow for free for a customer that lines me up with a new year long contract with another customer

Free for the whole season or one free mow? (can't be for the season, because that defeats the whole referral thing)

FYS777
03-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I thought that was funny to

Pitbullawns
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
whoops!!!!

ffemtmcd
03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=FYS777;2862848]Hi
What type of stipulation do you have on contract, 30 days if they don't wont you anymore??

Huh?? I'm not sure what your asking here. If they don't sign the contract - I don't mow - the current customers get $5 / referral - I don't really have a stipulation on how many referrals, but the referrals have to sign for service.

FYS777
03-18-2009, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=FYS777;2862848]Hi

Huh?? I'm not sure what your asking here. If they don't sign the contract - I don't mow - the current customers get $5 / referral - I don't really have a stipulation on how many referrals, but the referrals have to sign for service.

what it was is, can they fire you at any time or 30 day notice?

Mowbizz
03-18-2009, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=ffemtmcd;2862971]

Hmmm...not sure what your question about contract detais has to do with free mowing...:confused:

FYS777
03-19-2009, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=FYS777;2863027]

Hmmm...not sure what your question about contract detais has to do with free mowing...:confused:

Well if you give a free mow or two, then they could just have you mow the free mows then tell you your fired, but if you stipulate a 30 day notice before termination, then your not out the mow cost, I've seen contracts like this. there are all different types and ways to cover your cost but yet give your costumers a brake, thats why I give them a brake on the invoice at end of month. for free mow

Mowbizz
03-19-2009, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=Mowbizz;2863200]

Well if you give a free mow or two, then they could just have you mow the free mows then tell you your fired, but if you stipulate a 30 day notice before termination, then your not out the mow cost, I've seen contracts like this. there are all different types and ways to cover your cost but yet give your costumers a brake,

Ahhh...good point. Didn't think about that. (best bet is NO FREE MOWS..lol)
I'm a solo operation and don't use contracts, per-se...for me, I give a quote and follow with the service agreed on by handshake. Haven't been burned yet...but I know someday I probably will. Not sure how good a contract is when someone flat out refuses to pay. My estimates (a form of contract, I suppose) spell out the services agreed on.

FYS777
03-19-2009, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=FYS777;2863220]

Ahhh...good point. Didn't think about that. (best bet is NO FREE MOWS..lol)

read rest of note had to edit

FYS777
03-19-2009, 12:17 AM
I use this to my advantage, I'll give you a free mow or two off month invoice for a referral that signs a season contract, If your good at what do you will get a lot of referrals, word of mouth referrals are the best advertising, for me anyway.

shade tree landscaping
03-19-2009, 10:05 AM
I use a coupon for a free mowing if you sign up for a year, but the catch is that the free mowing is the final mowing of the year! This way I get paid, they get their free mowing and everyone is happy

Frontier-Lawn
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
When i do promotions for 2 free mows, 1 after 6 months of service and 1 after 12 months service. It helps to weed out the ones that what something for nothing.

ambersLawnmowing
03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=Mowbizz;2863200]

Well if you give a free mow or two, then they could just have you mow the free mows then tell you your fired, but if you stipulate a 30 day notice before termination, then your not out the mow cost, I've seen contracts like this. there are all different types and ways to cover your cost but yet give your costumers a brake, thats why I give them a brake on the invoice at end of month. for free mow

I do free mowing for referrals once amonth. But with a contract and they fire you? It is a contract, I have a line in my contract that says inorder to get out of contract there will be a $250 cancellation fee and a 30day notice. What does a contract mean if you are letting them out of it? A contract is an agreement between you and the customer for the year. If they are backing out make them liable for them terminating it.

fazzy815-66
03-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Do you mean you are asking for pre-payment of 6 mowings as incentive for a free one with a seasonal sign-up?

no they have to have paid for 6 mowings befor they can use the 1 free coupon

zgrrl
03-19-2009, 10:45 PM
2008 customers got a letter with 'loyalty' bonus; second April cut is free. I wanted to go a little into the season so no one would take it free then walk away. I have great customers for the most part but figured theres a lot more competition this year for cheapo cuts.

When I get a referral that turns into something regular, I do some kind of bonus service for my referring customer, e.g. hedges 1x.

Love my customers and want them and me to both stay happy.

ffemtmcd
03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=ffemtmcd;2862971]

Oh - they have to give notice - and they only get 1 free mow with sign up - or 5 off per mow for referrals.

ffemtmcd
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
2008 customers got a letter with 'loyalty' bonus; second April cut is free. I wanted to go a little into the season so no one would take it free then walk away. I have great customers for the most part but figured theres a lot more competition this year for cheapo cuts.

When I get a referral that turns into something regular, I do some kind of bonus service for my referring customer, e.g. hedges 1x.

Love my customers and want them and me to both stay happy.

Now that's an interesting idea - I might use that next year!

RickR1818
03-21-2009, 12:05 AM
I offer 2 free mows if they pay the entire season in full. Some say give 10% off for this but 2 free mows is less than 10% and sounds better. I sent out bills today and already 3 customers have elected to do this.