PDA

View Full Version : Calls Per Fliers

dewos
03-18-2009, 10:35 PM
I normally recieve 1 call per 100 fliers / door hangers I put out. This year I am about half maybe a third, but really hasn't hit time yet. Wondered what your turn over rate was and if it is anything like years before.

MC Handy Man
03-19-2009, 09:04 PM
This past fall for lawn clean-up I put out only 300 in a general area where most all the residents are elderly and I had 13 calls.

However, I then received 18 calls from referals. I guess it goes to show that word of mouth is truelly the best advertising. I am underway of putting out 1000 this spring plus doing some door to door, hopfully I get the same ratio this time.

LB1234
03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Put out my first batch which was like 2176...received 7 phone calls. I'm like .3% for calls...yes POINT 3 PERCENT!! Definately down from last year. We'll see what happens when the second repeat batch goes out next week. I might hold off cause weather hasn't been exactly "springlike" of late.

I'm not expecting as much this year either. A lot of the existing customers are sending there contracts back declining additional services or asking to go to 3 step instead of 5 step weed/feed or to mow every other week. Money seems to be tight now.

THC
03-19-2009, 11:17 PM
A lot depends on the service and the time of year.

I only put out flyers in the spring, just before people start mowing lawns. All other times are a waste for me.