PDA

View Full Version : Attention Wright Owners

Australian Mower Man
03-19-2009, 05:02 AM
G'Day
As you may know, I live in Australia
Wright have just hit the ground here and I have the opportunity to become a dealer. Also of course I want to use these machines in my mowing biz. But I want feedback from owners without bias.
How are the 32" standers in regards to deck height changes? Easy or Hard?
The riders (25/61) sound great and are quite cheap compared to JD and Toro, are they good? any problems?
Any comments or advice is most welcome
Thankyou from your Aussie Mate
Oz.

br549oicu8
03-19-2009, 08:33 AM
The Standers are an excellent piece of equipment. I have purchased 7 over the years and they all gave us excellent service. I have no experience on the Rapid Height so someone else will need to chime in there. I DO have experience with the Sentars, though. I would only carry them if you also have a Marina and customers willing to pay the high price for an unusual boat anchor. You couldn't give me another one of those POS's!!

Busa_bill
03-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Many residentials here have small gates, so I had to go with the 32". A fabulous piece of equipment. Absolutely smokes a WB - sulky combo with no operator fatigue. In the field deck height changes are made by moving spacers on the front casters, just like you would on a fixed deck walk behind. Wright offers the 32" with optional elec. start 17 HP Kaw. It's a beast. :)

A bit of a learning curve turning on soft turf due to the mower + operator weight on a narrow profile tire. Reducing tire pressure helps. Mulching performance could be improved. Was advised by my dealer to run high lift blades with just a block off plate. Would be interested in hearing other combo's.

Lbilawncare
03-19-2009, 11:25 PM
I did what you are doing. I had (have) a successful Lawn Care business, then added a dealership. I closed the dealership because it was a pain in the butt ! People calling with stupid questions, destroying their machines and expecting them to be fixed within 20 minutes of dropping them off. I would recommend seeing if there is a fleet program you could get on if you want to save some money. The dealer profit per machine is "decent", but the finance charges that can accrue and the money wrapped up in parts may not be worth it to you. Best of luck either way...

South Florida Lawns
03-20-2009, 01:53 AM
I too have the 32" 17hp electric start Wright Stander. It is a great mower and very easy to use, also very well built. Changing the height of cut is simple I just change one side at a time by pulling one caster up on the ramp of my trailer and letting the deck hang off the side. Super easy and only takes a minute. I would recommend Wright products especially the stander.

lifetree
03-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Many residentials here have small gates, so I had to go with the 32". A fabulous piece of equipment. Absolutely smokes a WB - sulky combo with no operator fatigue. ...

How much time do you estimate that you save using the stander instead of a WB ??

... Changing the height of cut is simple I just change one side at a time by pulling one caster up on the ramp of my trailer and letting the deck hang off the side. ...

Please explain ... in looking at the Wright website, it looks like the 32" Stander doesn't have any spacers on the front casters that can be adjusted ?? Mind you, I see the lynch pin to adjust the height, but what I don't see is approximately 6 spacers on the caster fork to actually adjust the height.

Australian Mower Man
03-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Thanks guys
Im keen on the sit on 25/61 for myself. Does anyone have one and are they good?
Thanks Boys
Oz

paponte
03-21-2009, 07:37 AM
I love my standers and would have to say they are one if the the best built mowers on the market. After owning several standers, then switching over to the rapid height, I would not go back to regular standers. I also have some ZK's now as well, and after a couple of design boo boo's have to say for large areas are the fastest and most maneuverable machines on the market. As far as Wright's Z's, I have no input but to say I am a little confused why they even introduced that line at all. The whole concept behind a stander, is to get away from the bulkiness of a Z, but sto still have the ride on capabilities. Other than that, they are pretty much the sole machines of our operation besides WAM's and a couple of Wb's for tight or special applications.