PDA

View Full Version : Running two ZTR's

Mack77
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm used to running solo. Mow the perimeter of the yard, then stripe. For a large lawn, i'll mow the perimeter of the front, then stripe. Then mow the perimeter of the back, then stripe. Edge, and then blow.

What is the most effective way of running 2 Z's on a single lawn?

Thanks!

OrangeToys
03-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Well Im solo (occasoinaly i can sometimes get some cheap help from my family) like you, and I was facing the same question as to why have 2 ZTR's but what I found was get 2 different sizes.

The best way I have found to run the mowers at the same time is to first have somebody to use it.lol but have your helper trim the back you the front and then you both get on the mowers and one does the back and other does the front.

I hope this helped, I do this all the time and seems to work great.

Proc's Lawncare
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
We do it the same way, one does the front the other does the back, one will trim/edge and the other blows off, whoever finishes first starts reloading or grabs another trimmer edger or blower and helps depending on the job. Personally, we (father and I) like to tag team each lawn when we can... runs pretty smooth.

OrangeToys
03-19-2009, 11:42 AM
We do it the same way, one does the front the other does the back, one will trim/edge and the other blows off, whoever finishes first starts reloading or grabs another trimmer edger or blower and helps depending on the job. Personally, we (father and I) like to tag team each lawn when we can... runs pretty smooth.

wow seems like we are running the same company:laugh: Thats exact to how I do it.

EagleGrounds
03-19-2009, 11:47 AM
When i use 2 mowers, i usually mow the perimeter, then who ever is working for me will mow the back, and ill mow the front.

Whoever finishes first usally trims. and the other blows

All Seasons Landscaping
03-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Whoever finishes first usally trims. and the other blows

I guess it really is true what they say about 2nd place, eh? :laugh:

OrangeToys
03-19-2009, 11:56 AM
in this case second would be better, so you don't have the extra work.lol

Mowerboy04
03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
how we do it is: i will mow the front with one mower and my helper will mow the back with the other mower. who ever gets done first ill grab the weed wip second guy done grabs the edger then we both blow

Runner
03-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Same here, except many times, there is enough trimming to justify the second man done to grab a trimmer, also. You have to be observant though, because you always want someone to break off early enough to have the blowing completed by the time the gate goes up.

LouisianaLawnboy
03-20-2009, 01:49 AM
I usually do all the cutting, then my helper does all the trimming. If he is not done by the time I'm done I'll help finish up whatever. On some big properties, though I wish I had 2 Zs so after hes done trimming he could get on a Z and help me cut.

topsites
03-20-2009, 02:24 AM
I think it could be a might bit tough solo, two blowers is no problem but with Z's probably have to run one first, then the other.