PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a buyout letter to future customers

capnsac
03-19-2009, 10:21 AM
I am in lieu of purchasing a company with 41 residential accounts and need help in writing a letter to introduce myself to the new customers if the deal goes through. I am thinking of general guidelines as far as who I am, how many years experience I have, my main focus in this industry, and to make sure they know I am 100% approchable.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Proc's Lawncare
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Make it sound like a "welcome to the family" type of letter and that they can count on you. Gotta sell yourself and let your new customers see your concerned about them and there property and that your available should they need it, give contact info and make sure your listing all of your services, you might have something to offer the last guy didn't and close the letter giving them a "peace of mind" saying they are in good hands with a reputable insured company who has been in business for X amount of time...something like that, hope it helps!

ExtExc
03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
personal introduction to the loyal/bigger clients would be best in my opinion, otherwise some sort of signature or indication that the former owner approves of your work or stands by you would help too.

capnsac
03-19-2009, 11:06 AM
The former owner is going to be sending a letter coupled with my introduction letter, I forgot to mention that. Thanks for the input ExtExc and Proc's Lawncare, I welcome all additional info too!

LawnBrother
03-30-2009, 09:26 AM
personal introduction to the loyal/bigger clients would be best in my opinion, otherwise some sort of signature or indication that the former owner approves of your work or stands by you would help too.

I agree, and if you can have the old LCO personally introduce you. This does a lot to bolster confidence in you.

bohiaa
03-30-2009, 04:36 PM
I think I would also send the company profile.

you do have one dont you ?

I was amazed at how many LCO'S dont.

capnsac
03-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I think I would also send the company profile.

you do have one dont you ?

I was amazed at how many LCO'S dont.

I'd love to send my company profile, but I believe that a company profile is only necessary (in my area) for commercial accounts.

The letters have gone out with great success, everyone is choosing me for their service this year and I have 12 spring clean ups signed up already. People continue to sign up for the service daily, so I am hoping to get 20-25 spring clean ups as well as the fertilization and be able to mow 2 maybe 3 times in April.

Frontier-Lawn
03-30-2009, 11:14 PM
here is one of mine i have yet to use thou. :drinkup:

LouisianaLawnboy
03-31-2009, 11:10 PM
here is one of mine i have yet to use thou. :drinkup:

Too wordy. Keep it simple:walking:

Josh.S
03-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Here is the letter I used when I bought my last business this spring. They had 150 or so customers and only lost around 10-15 in the sign on (excluding a subcontractor who had 30). In the attached document is both of the letters from the previous owner and from me.

I should have done a better job saying who I am and such, but this worked for the spur of the moment. The guy I bought the business from wasn't going to send a letter out, so I wrote it and did it for him. Both of these letters I printed and sent in the same envelope, I just let the guy's business I bought approve it.

Does this help? Did the document open?

MyLawnBiz
04-06-2009, 01:24 AM
I am in lieu of purchasing a company with 41 residential accounts and need help in writing a letter to introduce myself to the new customers if the deal goes through. I am thinking of general guidelines as far as who I am, how many years experience I have, my main focus in this industry, and to make sure they know I am 100% approchable.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!

In lieu of actually knowing what "In lieu" means I would suggest using a different word. You are in the process of purchasing a company, not in lieu (In lieu means 'instead of' or 'in place of'). Thought you might want to know that.

capnsac
04-06-2009, 09:06 AM
In lieu of actually knowing what "In lieu" means I would suggest using a different word. You are in the process of purchasing a company, not in lieu (In lieu means 'instead of' or 'in place of'). Thought you might want to know that.

Wow, that was probably the most helpful post on this thread. Thank you for your worthless contribution! :hammerhead::hammerhead: