PDA

View Full Version : Need help with BUYOUT LETTER TO NEW CUSTOMERS

capnsac
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I am in lieu of purchasing a company with 41 residential accounts and need help in writing a letter to introduce myself to the new customers if the deal goes through. I am thinking of general guidelines as far as who I am, how many years experience I have, my main focus in this industry, and to make sure they know I am 100% approchable.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!

capnsac
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM
bump bump bump

LouisianaLawnboy
03-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Hey, just was in your position here is my letter I wrote.

ROSS LAWNCARE

IS NOW

{MY logo}

[My company] a 3 year old company out of New Iberia has acquired [co being taken over] in an effort to expand into the Lafayette area. [My co} is dedicated to excellence in lawn care, by using the very best in lawn care equipment. We care for yards from 10 acres in the country to a ¼ acre in the middle of the city.

We are committed to continuing the excellent lawn care you have been receiving. If there are any changer, we hope it will be for the better. If you have any questions please do not hesitate bring it to my attention. Every yard is different and every owner has different preferences, so please let me know them.

I cut either by contract or cut by cut. Most people’s yards are cut 36 times in a year, once a week in the summer, twice a month in autumn and spring, and once a month in winter. A contract is for one year and just simplifies the paying. You would just pay at the end of the month and that would take care of you for the following month. Whereas the cut by cut you would just pay every time you wanted it cut. They both have their advantages, and it’s really up to you to decide which would be more convenient for you.

My name is XXXXXXXXX and I am a native of Acadiana. If you would like to get it touch with, please just call (555) 555-5555

LouisianaLawnboy
03-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Feel free to use it.

ALLPro Landscaping
03-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Be carefull buying customers, just think of your self, do you want to be bought and sold

LouisianaLawnboy
03-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Be carefull buying customers, just think of your self, do you want to be bought and sold

I went with the previous owner to pretty much each customer and handed them the letter and answered any questions.

LouisianaLawnboy
03-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Definetely DO NOT put BUYOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capnsac
03-20-2009, 07:40 AM
thanks for the info guys. I am not going to be putting anything about buying them out, I will however say I am 'taking over the current lco's responsibilities, and am very excited to do so.'

wright5223
03-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I bought a biz from a guy about 3 weeks ago had 10 customers I only have 3 of them!!!! I should have taken the money and done more mailers! lesson learned

capnsac
03-20-2009, 12:50 PM
delete this post please

capnsac
03-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I bought a biz from a guy about 3 weeks ago had 10 customers I only have 3 of them!!!! I should have taken the money and done more mailers! lesson learned

Ok so that's extremely vague and I'm not really sure why or how you could lose 7 out of the 10 customers just because a new person is mowing them. How did you go about notifying the customers if you don't mind me asking?

capnsac
03-20-2009, 12:53 PM
here's my letter boys and girls. Let me know what you think...

Armadillolawncare
03-20-2009, 05:59 PM
A few changes I would make.

Hello everyone, as Phillip just mentioned I will be taking over the lawn care services from him. I would like to take a moment to tell you a little bit about myself . I am 24 years old and have lived in Omaha for most of my life. My parents moved me here from Michigan when I was 4, and I have naturally become an avid Husker fan since!
I have 7 years of experience in this industry, 2 of which have been on my own. Before I ventured out on my own I was the assistant superintendent for a crew of 8 guys. We took care of a total of 250 full service residential properties, with some small landscaping design and installation involved. After a while I decided that I had acquired the skills I needed to branch out on my own. It has always been a dream of mine to have my own lawn care business, even at a very young age. I continue to carry that childhood passion into my business today.
My goal is to make as few changes as possible in the way your account is serviced. I will continue to produce the same high quality lawn care that has been provided in years past. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to bring them to my attention, my number is ########.
I thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve you, and look forward to many great things to come.

HOOLIE
03-20-2009, 09:35 PM
and to make sure they know I am 100% approchable.

Thanks!

I would suggest CALLING them all, and maybe knocking on the doors as much as possible. A letter is still good an all but most people would appreciate you taking the time to talk in person.