PDA

View Full Version : Torque on blades

thinksnow
03-19-2009, 11:03 AM
I have a Lesco Ztwo, is there a torque value on the bolts for the blades or do you just snug them up?

puppypaws
03-19-2009, 10:33 PM
I have a Lesco Ztwo, is there a torque value on the bolts for the blades or do you just snug them up?

Around 100 to 120 ft. lbs., don't worry about it, tighten them what you consider tight and forget about them. I run mine on with a Dewalt impact wrench until it stops and hammers 2 or 3 times and never had any problems, off, or on.

topsites
03-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Around 100 to 120 ft. lbs., don't worry about it, tighten them what you consider tight and forget about them. I run mine on with a Dewalt impact wrench until it stops and hammers 2 or 3 times and never had any problems, off, or on.

Yeah...
Most mowers, so long it's pretty snug the blade will actually tighten the bolt more as it runs,
now it can't be loose or it will come off but super tight and it's impossible to get off later,
so somewhere in between.

Usually, if I have to do it by hand...
Use a 1/2" ratchet with a breaker bar to get them off, but without the 'equalizer' to put them back on, tight as I can.

South Florida Lawns
03-20-2009, 02:04 AM
I do all my blades on my Z and stander by hand and have never had one fall off. The worst case is that one wiggled out of the holding bracket and retightened lower than the other blades and caused an un-even cut.