NEWGUYRI
03-19-2009, 05:02 PM
how do you like it?:

NEWGUYRI
03-19-2009, 05:04 PM
here is it in jpeg form:

grandview (2006)
03-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Don't like the 1st cut free .That's all you'll be doing.

TheCanadianLawnRanger
03-19-2009, 05:15 PM
do they have to sign a contract to get a free cut? other wise all is fine

Junior M
03-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Dont like the first cut free, unless there is some clause or something..

NEWGUYRI
03-19-2009, 05:44 PM
The reason why I did the first cut free is the following:

1) I am young

2) I am in a very high income snobby neighborhood

this is the only way i can hope to get customers. once I can drive i will get rid of that deal

KrayzKajun
03-19-2009, 05:50 PM
get rid of the first cut free!!

grandview (2006)
03-19-2009, 05:50 PM
The reason why I did the first cut free is the following:

1) I am young

2) I am in a very high income snobby neighborhood

this is the only way i can hope to get customers. once I can drive i will get rid of that deal

If you think like that you'll always be that. The snobby ones will always treat you like a kid.

Maybe change it one free cut with a asterisk and make it a discount equal to a cut.

fazzy815-66
03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
one cut free is gonna get ya a lot of trouble.... you will be doing a lot of free and no pay....people will take advantage of you being a kid and will not take you serious....give them a free cut after they have paid for 6 or 7 cuts.

nnj18
03-19-2009, 06:41 PM
too much going on for me...too many colors and drop the "First Cut Free" I'd do like 25% of First Month = same as 1 cut free but looks much more professional imo

get rid of that grass....its not going to look good once printed.

Kennedy Landscaping
03-19-2009, 06:46 PM
yeah I agree I don't like the first cut free bit. Otherwise looks pretty good.

Paul's LC
03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
It all looks good except for the free cut! It might sound like a good plan on paper but once it happens it could go against you, no matter the neigborhood. Being young could make it worse. Im only fifteen and ive been cutting for four years and I never did that. Just do a great job, please the customer, and make money. youll grow in time without gettin taken advantage of for a free cut and no new account. But the sign does look great and good luck this year!

Stuttering Stan
03-19-2009, 06:54 PM
My first thought was trunkslammer:hammerhead:

CoupesCuts
03-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Yea, I don't think I have to day it, but get rid of the first cut free. Also, the grass isn't going to look good on the sign. You have to imagine looking at it for 50ft away. Try putting soem time into creating a logo for yourself. Something that becomes recognizable over time in your area. It will make you sign look a hell of alot less bland.

M RASCOE&SONS
03-19-2009, 08:08 PM
the sign looks good BUT the first cut free stuff has to go.lmao

NEWGUYRI
03-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback. Unfortunately I already ordered 5, but luckily I didn't order like 50, next time I order more I will change it. Thanks.

STIHL GUY
03-19-2009, 08:41 PM
your not going to be making much money with that free cut deal

nnj18
03-19-2009, 09:48 PM
If you make them sign a contract you should be OK....just don't do it again.

riverwalklandscaping
03-19-2009, 10:36 PM
First cut free is inherently assumed to go with signing up for some kind of regular service. At least it would be to any person with any common sense. 1st cut free is a perfectly viable tactic with exception to one problem. The first time you cut someones lawn always takes 2 or whatever times longer because the people who were doing it themselves never weedwacked anything so that takes longer, have crap all over the lawn that you have to clean up like sticks and brush or whatever, have trees that need trimming because they are hanging out in your way and so on and so forth. Plus it takes you a little longer because you haven't figured out the best way.

One alternative possibility would be selling them a 'cleanup' and after you've done that, then ask them if they are happy with the way lawn cleanup looks that you just did, and sign them up. Tell them you'll do your first cut free or discount or whatever.

If they don't need a cleanup and it's a simple or well maintained lawn that you are taking over, 1st cut free is a great way to show them that look, if your worried that I do a bad job because I look to young, I'll do it once, prove myself, and if you're not satisfied then you don't have to pay. It will also give you the opportunity to learn how long it truly takes you, and you can give a price that won't screw over either you (because you underbid) or the customer (because you overbid).

I did it for 4 years and it worked great for me. Don't mow much anymore, do mostly landscaping now, but If I was still bidding lawns, I would still offer it. I wouldn't put it on a sign though, I would tell the people in person.

Runner
03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
It MAY just work for spring cleanup. you incorporate it right in to the price, then say it is free. Let's face it, you usually use the mower for gathering stuff, anyway. It is sort of the opposite of what we do, ...for instance - we do our fall cleanups, and while we use the mowers to vacuum everything up, we still charge for a mowing, as well...even though it is done sub sequential to the cleanup. Spring cleanups, we do the same. However, here,... it can be made up as a hidden cost.
Don't worry about the signs too much, because 5 signs will disappear about as fast as you get them from the printer.

Paul's LC
03-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Everyone has great feedback. But I did really like what riverwalk said!

ambersLawnmowing
03-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Why does nobody on here like money? You dont have to offer free mowing if they are going to pay for mowing anyway. Offer something that they could use that would be cheaper then running a mower. Free Sidewalk edging, Free spring clean-up, Heck i dont just jump at the first thing i see free in life. I look for the best deal,If someone is going to mow 1 time for free great, but if there is a guy that will edge my sidewalk or give me a free tree trim or hedge clipping great Sign me up, i was planning on paying for the mowing anyway. My lawn can be cut by a monkey for all i care, it is about EXTRA'S that matter to me.

Walk in and order off the McMenu and there is a sign that said buy one double cheese get one free. and the other sign that said free large drink with your big mac.... Man i am getting me a coke with my mac...Not only was i hungry i was also thirsty. Fige me for rambling and talking stupid, it is late. and i am HUNGRY....

M RASCOE&SONS
03-20-2009, 12:50 PM
First cut free is inherently assumed to go with signing up for some kind of regular service. At least it would be to any person with any common sense. 1st cut free is a perfectly viable tactic with exception to one problem. The first time you cut someones lawn always takes 2 or whatever times longer because the people who were doing it themselves never weedwacked anything so that takes longer, have crap all over the lawn that you have to clean up like sticks and brush or whatever, have trees that need trimming because they are hanging out in your way and so on and so forth. Plus it takes you a little longer because you haven't figured out the best way.

One alternative possibility would be selling them a 'cleanup' and after you've done that, then ask them if they are happy with the way lawn cleanup looks that you just did, and sign them up. Tell them you'll do your first cut free or discount or whatever.

If they don't need a cleanup and it's a simple or well maintained lawn that you are taking over, 1st cut free is a great way to show them that look, if your worried that I do a bad job because I look to young, I'll do it once, prove myself, and if you're not satisfied then you don't have to pay. It will also give you the opportunity to learn how long it truly takes you, and you can give a price that won't screw over either you (because you underbid) or the customer (because you overbid).

I did it for 4 years and it worked great for me. Don't mow much anymore, do mostly landscaping now, but If I was still bidding lawns, I would still offer it. I wouldn't put it on a sign though, I would tell the people in person.i think we all have plenty of common sense its just the last time i checked i wasnt wearing a burger king outfit.i can see maybe offering a 1o% discount on there first monthly bill but thats it .let our service speak for itself not the price or what they can get for free.if they will drop there lawn company over say $45 bucks (1 free cut) what are they gonna drop you for .just my 2cents