PDA

View Full Version : 30 gallon gas caddy- Reviews???

Right Touch
03-19-2009, 06:03 PM
What is the solution to consolidating a whole bunch of 5 gallon containers in an enclosed trailer? The best thing I can think of without mounting a fuel transfer tank in a truck or on a trailer is the link below. Its a 30 gallon gas caddy thats pump fed (not gravity). you can roll it out of the trailer and fill it up rather than taking all the machines out then just figure out a way to strap it in to secure it. It says not for mobile use but Im sure it would work fine. I did see one trailer in my area with one of these. I dont really see a downside besides the price. Comments? Alternate solutions?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200338576_200338576

Holleys Landscaping
03-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Check your dot regulations. Here in Indiana you can only carry 8 gallons of gas in your trailer or truck bed

Pietro
03-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Thats nice and all, but its $400. Then you have to ship. You can get a 100 gallon transfer tank for your truck bed for like 500 new. Youd have to get a pump, but ive seen the tanks on ebay with pumps for 3-400 used. Better in my opinion.

Right Touch
03-19-2009, 08:54 PM
i just hate taking up room in the truck bed if i dont need to. maybe if you mounted a fuel transfer tank inside the trailer that was accesible through the side door to both fill and dispense?

Runner
03-20-2009, 01:24 AM
No way. I am NOT trusting all that gas in one tank.

luis@NJ
03-20-2009, 01:34 AM
This might be better and cheaper: On northern tool they have a 14 gallon for 129.99 its cheaper and you could buy 2 and still would be cheaper and its safer then all that gas in one tank...

topsites
03-20-2009, 02:51 AM
I think for that kind of money you can have a fuel transfer kit installed :p

As far as I know it's just a hose or a line spliced into the fuel rail,
might have a valve to open and close but the truck's electric fuel pump powers it.

If I recall correctly they are about 3-400 installed.

Sammy
03-20-2009, 06:01 AM
What is the solution to consolidating a whole bunch of 5 gallon containers in an enclosed trailer?
You should NEVER consolidate a whole bunch of gas cans in an enclosed trailer. That is plain stupid and not legal.

The best thing I can think of without mounting a fuel transfer tank in a truck or on a trailer is the link below. Its a 30 gallon gas caddy thats pump fed (not gravity). you can roll it out of the trailer and fill it up rather than taking all the machines out then just figure out a way to strap it in to secure it. It says not for mobile use but Im sure it would work fine.

Not for mobile use ...... Did you even wonder why ? Maybe 'cause it is illegal !