PDA

View Full Version : Good mower/deal?

dioze1
03-19-2009, 06:41 PM
I have approx. 3 acres that I mow and I am in the market for a ZTR. I happened across a Ferris is1000z with a Kawa. engine and 52" deck for $2800. It has 650 hrs. and seems to be in pretty good shape. I am just wondering if others here have any input about this older model Ferris. Are there any known issues with this mower and how does it mow? The dealer is bringing it out Tues. of next week and letting me mow the yard with it to try it out, so I don't think that the mower has any current issues.

Thanks in advance.

Zeb

dioze1
03-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Well, I can't seem to get any feed back on the mower and I can't find the search function on this site to see if this has been discussed in the past. So, I'll ask another question and hope for the best.

What is the reccomended size deck for 2.5 -3 acres on a ZTR. I really only want to spend but about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes mowing.

Thanks in advance.

Zeb

QualityLawnCare4u
03-21-2009, 09:26 PM
The only bad thing I have heard about ferris is numerous hydro failures. Can't remember what models or years were affected though but do a search on here and you should find some good info.

lifetree
03-21-2009, 11:39 PM
... What is the reccomended size deck for 2.5 -3 acres on a ZTR. I really only want to spend but about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes mowing. ...

You've got it ... a 48" to 52" ZTR is what you need for that much turf in the time frame you've specified !!