PDA

View Full Version : hydro seeding

Big Red Ferris
03-19-2009, 07:28 PM
i was wondering if you need any special licenes for hydro seeding in ny ? iwas wondering because the chemicals i kno it sounds stupid any insite would be awsome thanks

addictedtolandscaping
03-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Nope no special license required. I usually get my seed and starter fert from Grassland in Latham, and I get my hydro mulch from Northern Nurseries. Other than that, and you don;t have to but I like covering all bases, I bought my MTL from Abele and I also run a Harley for prepping with the MTL.

Big Red Ferris
03-22-2009, 05:20 PM
thanks man that sounds good ive been lookin intoo it and id use a rake on the back of a tractor harley and usethe sources i got for now

addictedtolandscaping
03-22-2009, 08:10 PM
No problem. If you are in this area, around Albany, there is a dealer in Brunswick that has my original Harley that I ran on the back of my M5700 that they rent out. It is an 8' carbide tipped fully hydraulic. Absolute total monster.

Big Red Ferris
03-22-2009, 08:19 PM
its gonna be a year or so but is there good money left in the biz i know new homes are down for like a 1 acer lot u generate good money ?

addictedtolandscaping
03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
It really depends, the builders around here are really super cheap. An acre is 43k minus the house, drive landscaping etc, so probably end up shooting say 20k for round numbers, probably gross around 1400 or so with prepping, takes 2 tanks so figure 350 for the tanks, and then couple hours to spray it. So probably net 600.00. But if you figure 600.00 for an 8 hour day, that aint to bad.

Big Red Ferris
03-22-2009, 08:55 PM
no its not thats cool im 23 i started mowing with a jd 425 aws when i was 10 area for my uncle i learned how too run equipment i also have a ag back round so i grew up with heavy equp with a god father in excvators and wheel loaders when i was 16 i got my own mower and just hammer down im electrican by trade but it slow so ive always mowed part time now it maybe more idk it supports my toy box sleds wheelers bikes but it maybe time too get into sum stuff and make sumthing happen

addictedtolandscaping
03-23-2009, 07:06 AM
TO tell you the honest to God truth, unless there is an abundance of building going on in your area, I would stay with maintenance instead of investing the money into hydro seeding equipment right now. I am headed back that way quite strongly as the construction in this area is essentially dead, only about a 30k gross last year down 70k from the year before. I am fortunate in the situation that I own all my heavy equipment, so it does not cost me anything if it does not move. When I bought my unit, along with the mtl and harley, I had over 50k tied up, monthly payments are monthly payments regardless of the work available. People will pay to keep what they have looking nice, but not gonna add to what they have already without alot of reassurance with this economy.

Big Red Ferris
03-23-2009, 08:17 AM
yeah i know i see it in the electrical end of it i have what i have listed in my sig im up near rochester and its now just gone dead over the winter my dad use to frame houses and he was self employed for 30 years with the same outfit sense then his shoulders are shot and he now drives semi and works for there farm in town and they own a huge controlled atmospher storage for apples so im just gonna watch and see what happens with the econ.