PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks Pro 2002

Planter
03-17-2002, 11:24 PM
After doing my taxes this month, I realize that I need better software. I have been building spreadsheets in Excel and they are ok, but I end up missing things and it takes forever to get them right.

I've read here about Quickbooks. I think I need the Pro edition, since I want to track job costing. Reading the reviews for the 2002 edition on Amazon.com, QB Pro 2002 did not get such rave reviews.

Anyone have any recommendations as to the best package to get? Is the 2002 version not as good as the older versions?

We are a very small, and new family owned landscaping firm doing installs, irrigation repair, clean-up, etc. We have repeat customers, but no one on a regularly scheduled basis like would be found on a mowing or routine maintenance contract.

Any direction would help; I don't want to have to do all the head scratching again next tax season.

Thanks,
Kevin

PAPS
03-18-2002, 12:44 AM
We use Quickbooks Pro 99... haven't upgraded yet. Program is great... I love it.. however, I don't do my tax's and do not do payroll anymore... but you can use the program for both.... I would recommend it to anyone to try

rodfather
03-18-2002, 07:48 AM
Ditto to what Bryan just said. Been using it a couple of years now and we love it.

HBFOXJr
03-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Spent 16 yrs with Dac Easy and quit Dec 31, 2000. Quickbooks Pro 2001 Jan 1, 2002 and yesterday upgraded to Pro 2002. So far so good.

My wife is really liking it as we have used quicken for personal finance for years. Now that she has entered all required info and done most everything once it seems to be cutting down her desk time. While that was a goal, changing other management software to QXpress from Alocet was part of the equation too. Although not busy yet and not fully set up it is cutting down on desk time too.

The plan was to make it esy for my wife to assume some of my desk duties so I could sell & manage more with out having to work more. Can't say it's all true yet but it's coming.

AK Lawn
03-18-2002, 04:22 PM
Have been using Quickbooks Pro since my company became big 4 years ago and has been great, just upgraded to 2002 but haven't used it yet so will find out? but anyways it has been a life saver and it cut way down on desk time
AK Lawn

KDJ
03-18-2002, 07:18 PM
Peachtree Complete Accounting 2002

Harvestman
03-18-2002, 07:41 PM
We use quickbooks 2001 and we love it also. Our accountant only uses quickbooks so it was a no brainer for us. He also installed lap link on my computer, so all he does is dial in and download an accountants copy. We never have to go to his office. Harvestman

fshrdan
03-18-2002, 09:46 PM
Is the 2002 version not as good as the older versions?
One annoying trait with QB2000 was that if you wanted to make multiple estimates for the same customer, you had to create a new job for that customer.

With 2002, I read that that has changed, and you can now create multiple estimates for a customer. That change alone would warrent buying the newest version, in my opinion. Especially if you do alot of installs.

ProMo
03-19-2002, 03:17 PM
quick book 2002 allows you to email invoices and set up credit card account