PDA

View Full Version : Safegaurd Properties

markh1
03-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I was wondering if any other lco's in here have done any work for this company. i did a search but nothing came up. They deal with repo"s and called me to cut some lawns in my area .Any imput would be appreciated

T&J Landscaping
03-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I was wondering if any other lco's in here have done any work for this company. i did a search but nothing came up. They deal with repo"s and called me to cut some lawns in my area .Any imput would be appreciated

1st of all do you have insurance,? i heard they are pretty good , but i never delt with it ,, you got to take pictures and uploaded it to there site for esch property,

ctvalley
03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
I am starting with them this season. You have to take before during and after pics of the lawns front and back. Kinda a pain...plus, when you bid make sure you know what you are bidding on. They asked me for a bid on lawn mowing and then tried to add in weedkiller and hedge clipping. I told them no and am being compensated for it now in addition to the lawn contract.

markh1
03-19-2009, 10:29 PM
yes i have 1mill in ins on both buisness and trucks yes i also know about the pics that you have to take . just wondering do they pay on time

T&J Landscaping
03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
the 1st check will proably take 5-6 weeks once you are in you should get a check from them within 3-4 weeks, You need a lot of money for that 1st month for gas, and you mow the lawns every 2 weeks , u will be mowing the lawns 3 times before you see a check and your 1st check will not be the total of you doing the lawns 3 times, but you will see 3 diff checks , once you get your 1st check you will recive a check every week, they work the same way WITH FAS FIELD ASSETS

ProCare Lawn Maintenance
04-01-2009, 03:42 PM
I don't know anything about the company, but I was told that they are a national co that subs mowing to local contractors. I would love to get a number from you so that I can contact them about mowing in Eastern Cincinnati. Could you email me that number to npowers_1356@fuse.net? Thanks.

alabamaweedwacker
04-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I would like the info, where I could contact and see what they had down here.

MOTES
05-13-2009, 06:57 PM
They are PAIN IN THE BUTT. I've have them for a month, 100 property per week, and Good Money. But it a hassle, and you got to work all day and all night with pictures uploading and so forth. But when i find out that i have to go 100 miles to mow one lawn (about 30 property in diffent direction in 100 miles) I told told them, I'm done, and not doing it anymore, becasue they do want you to go there and take care of it the ones that are far. Not worth my time and hassle. Overall, they do pay you weekly and it's $30 per lawn up to an 1 acre. I gotten pay about 2500 per week. Again, my family is important, and it a big hassle on top of my Regular 80 clients. Hope this help.

cmzeller
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I was a contractor for Safeguard for a year and a half doing their preservation work. I now work for other companies along with being a landscaper.They will treat you nice one minute and tell you that you are dirt the next. They pay. I just had a friend of mine quit working for them for similar reasons. You can make good money quick but they have a bite. The reason their bringing in landscapers is to put pressure on their usual contractors to hit their due date. If you don't hit their due date not as much work. the more you hit their dates on time more work you get. It is up to everyone to make their own decision but BEWARE!

ctvalley
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
If you are doing them for 30 then you are the fool. I work for them and yes, you have to be on top of things, but I get paid 5.00 more per lawn plus, get stipends for trimming the bushes at each property. Their big problem is that their zones are enormous. They wanted me to work in Vermont. The entire state is the zone. It's 2.5 miles to go border to border on an interstate highway. My hopes are that they will shrink their zones next season. However, Motes, do you realize you have to pay back 55.00 per property for them to release you and find a new client?

MOTES
05-14-2009, 09:07 AM
If you are doing them for 30 then you are the fool. I work for them and yes, you have to be on top of things, but I get paid 5.00 more per lawn plus, get stipends for trimming the bushes at each property. Their big problem is that their zones are enormous. They wanted me to work in Vermont. The entire state is the zone. It's 2.5 miles to go border to border on an interstate highway. My hopes are that they will shrink their zones next season. However, Motes, do you realize you have to pay back 55.00 per property for them to release you and find a new client?

What are you saying?? That $30 is cheap or high?? Yes, i'm a fool if im sticking with them. I'm tired of taking Pictures Before, During and After.. and drive for miles for their lawn that you don't know what equimpment to bring. I've had alot of them where only a Push mower and a truck, then i would have some that need full load of equipment. A fool would keep taking off the trailer with equipment to get to the small lawn with No parking to find....Mutilply that all day and all week, It's a hassle over here, if that what you are doing and keeping up then Great!! But You stated "HOPING THAT THEY WILL SHRINK THEIR ZONES NEXT SEASON",......wait a minute, that what i was thinking too --- With the Travel, taking pictures, uploading on computer all night, parking problems, etc. It's not worth my time. I will not have to pay 55 per property since They found another fool.

kaferhaus
05-14-2009, 09:54 AM
They pay crap, the zones are huge and you're required to take ANY job they assign even if it's one cut and 60 miles away.

The contract is rediculous and one sided.

They've approached us 4 or maybe 5 times including just a month ago..... I told the "recuiter" that I can't believe they can find enough fools to fall for their "program".

Down here they pay $33.50 for FULL SERVICE every two week cuts for up to 1 acre. For that 33.50 you have to trim hedges, "trim weeds in beds" (whatever the hell that means), use round up on any grass in walks or drives and then spend 10-15 minutes per cut taking pictures, uploading pictures, filling out forms etc. And you MUST remove the clippings (grass and all).

All of this and the property (here) could be anywhere within a 400 sq mile area. BS

They sign up a lot of "newbies" down here who work for a week or two and quit after spending a ton of money getting "set up" to work for them.

Once of the banks they do work for here is paying them $75-80 bucks a cut! They get 40+, you get 33.50. No thanks.

The banks contract with them runs out in july and I'll be all over it as this banks properties are all within 20 miles of the shop.

MOTES
05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
They pay crap, the zones are huge and you're required to take ANY job they assign even if it's one cut and 60 miles away.

The contract is rediculous and one sided.

They've approached us 4 or maybe 5 times including just a month ago..... I told the "recuiter" that I can't believe they can find enough fools to fall for their "program".

Down here they pay $33.50 for FULL SERVICE every two week cuts for up to 1 acre. For that 33.50 you have to trim hedges, "trim weeds in beds" (whatever the hell that means), use round up on any grass in walks or drives and then spend 10-15 minutes per cut taking pictures, uploading pictures, filling out forms etc. And you MUST remove the clippings (grass and all).

All of this and the property (here) could be anywhere within a 400 sq mile area. BS

They sign up a lot of "newbies" down here who work for a week or two and quit after spending a ton of money getting "set up" to work for them.

Once of the banks they do work for here is paying them $75-80 bucks a cut! They get 40+, you get 33.50. No thanks.

The banks contract with them runs out in july and I'll be all over it as this banks properties are all within 20 miles of the shop.

THANK YOU Kaferhaus, I argree with you 100% all the way!!!:clapping::clapping:

ctvalley
05-14-2009, 07:43 PM
you get paid an additional 30.00 per hedges and 40 for roundup. If hte job is too big for 30/40 then you bid it.

If you are spending 10-15 minutes taking pics then you need to get rid of your tripod.

Take before on one lap around the house, during you put the mower on the corner of the front/side and take two pics in different directions. and then take the after pic while standing in front of the mower. go around back do the during after pic and load up. An average house takes 8 minutes here. I can do 5-6 per hour in most areas. 6x 35= 215.00/hr.
However, I will agree the stragglers suck and spending time at night downloading pics (about 3 minutes per house) isn't fun either. But, in this economy I am happy to get a nice check every week from what I feel is a steady source of revenue

kaferhaus
05-14-2009, 08:42 PM
you get paid an additional 30.00 per hedges and 40 for roundup. If hte job is too big for 30/40 then you bid it.

If you are spending 10-15 minutes taking pics then you need to get rid of your tripod.

Take before on one lap around the house, during you put the mower on the corner of the front/side and take two pics in different directions. and then take the after pic while standing in front of the mower. go around back do the during after pic and load up. An average house takes 8 minutes here. I can do 5-6 per hour in most areas. 6x 35= 215.00/hr.
However, I will agree the stragglers suck and spending time at night downloading pics (about 3 minutes per house) isn't fun either. But, in this economy I am happy to get a nice check every week from what I feel is a steady source of revenue

Glad it works for you. You obviously have a bunch of them clustered together. The map they sent me covered over 400 sq mi and they would NOT agree to only "assign" us certain zip codes (where we already work).

The contract I was sent and the "training manual" says that the "round up" of walks and drives along with "routine" hedge trimming was included in the 33.50 "fee" and could not be billed seperately.

biggest issue was HAVING to take any assignment they sent you along with the rediculously low fee for properties up to an acre.

We have no problem getting over $60 for residentials that size.... no problem at all. And if there's much trimming we easily get near $100 for acre sized lots with NO round up and NO hedge trimming.

Add a potential hour and half drive back and forth for the occaisional one (you'd hope) way out there and you've lost your butt.

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care
06-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Lots of good info here. I just started with them this season. I guess all business venues have pros and cons. I have to say, working with safeguard the pros outweigh the cons!
A little about me, I'll retire from the Navy in 2 days after 20 1/2 years. I've been an LCO part time for the past 3 years. Business was good. But I needed more income to make up the difference. I was signed up with service magic. A recruiter from safeguard contacted me. Out of 40 accounts (before safeguard), only 2 of them were weekly accounts. Now with safeguard, I have 51 weekly accounts! God is good to me. No, I'm not getting my usual dollars per hour. However, when I map out a good route, I can do quite a few and still get my daily quota. Out of 51 properties, only 2 are close to 1 acre in size.
Yes, the pics can be pain. Uploading 10 accounts per night gets boring. But its a job!
The only problem I have is finding good reliable help. Imagine that!
Question. For those that have worked with safeguard, when does there cutting season end? Or is it year round?

T&J Landscaping
08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
does anyone have more information on them , thanks

JandE
03-13-2010, 04:36 AM
I worked for safeguard last year and I hated it. They recruited us last year and told us they had 140 lawn cuts per month. I was new last year so I got excited and stopped looking for new accounts. Well, when I got my list there were only 12 properties on there and to my surprise 10 of them were not real lawn at all. They were apartments and resort condos with in house maintenance or no lawn at all! So I was stuck with 2 properties 60 miles apart but was promised more every time I called. I did the two properties only because I just so happened to have other accounts there but it was frustrating not to mention all the business I lost out on and the third mower I almost bought.
So then there was plow season.......I was contacted by another recruiter about plowing and was very firm with him that I didn't want the same thing to happen to me this winter as did this last summer. He again promised at least 10 driveways at 35 bucks a piece. Guess how many I got.....0 zero! I called one last time to complain and the lady just said they don't have my file so she couldn't help me. I don't know if I would have a case or not but I would like to go to court with them because they cost me a lot of time and money the way I look at it.
The only thing I will say is that we were getting $34 dollars per lawn under an acre and $34 if we had to do pruning. I wonder if they recruited us and just found people to do it cheaper and we were just the back up.....I dunno.