PDA

View Full Version : best OCDC???

happy
03-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Was wanting feedback on the best brand of operator controlled discharge chutes. You know the things that go on the discharge side to keep grass from flyin into the beds. I have seen "Saftey Vulchers", "OCD", and the brand that exmark sells. They will be going on a 36" hydro walk behind, 52"ZTR, and a 60" ZTR. Anybody that has one... what brand do you have, what do you not like about it, and what do you like about it?
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

mjealey
03-19-2009, 10:40 PM
I really like my power chute from www.powerchutedesign.com. It is simple to install and works really well. It is powered and goes up or down by the push of a pedal or a toggle switch. Really saves time when getting close to flower beds pr curbs. They make them for literally just about every mower, WB or ZTR.

kaferhaus
03-19-2009, 10:40 PM
The best is operating your mower where the clippings blow the other way...

Just another expensive gadget that you don't need

jaybow
03-20-2009, 01:03 AM

You sound as if your lacking experience. An OCDC is verry helpful.

ALC-GregH
03-20-2009, 07:59 AM

yeah if your not bagging.

grass_cuttin_fool
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
I have the advanced chute system.....Ive had them for 3-4 years and they work as good as the day I bought them.....on the walkbehind you are going to need something a lil different.....someone makes a unit for them but I cant remember who

ProTouch Groundscapes
03-20-2009, 09:44 AM
I have the advanced chute system.....Ive had them for 3-4 years and they work as good as the day I bought them.....on the walkbehind you are going to need something a lil different.....someone makes a unit for them but I cant remember who

i just switched our ACS from our ferris rider onto our scag pro-v it mounted just fine. I just need to make a new handle that can slip on over the old handle to bring it a lil closer to the operator.

DLCS
03-20-2009, 09:50 AM
I have two Power Chutes, the best that I have used yet. I've built several of my own and have a ACS laying in my garage. The ACS is too universal, handle breaks off constantly and is very hard to use on a JD ztr.

zeroturner
03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
I have used Qwikchutes on my mowers for about 7 years now with no problems whatsoever. It is the first thing I put on a new mower when I get one. I would not want to operate a ZTR without an OCDC.

happy
03-21-2009, 12:15 AM
to the top...

happy
03-25-2009, 10:48 PM

Myellowz
04-24-2009, 06:46 AM
I happen to think that "The Director OCDC " is the highest quality , durable, ease of use and cost out there. www.thedirectorocdc.com Only made for eXmark mowers for now.

ALC-GregH
04-24-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm really liking Norm's Power Chute. It is working flawless and has already saved me time. It also can be removed within a minute with 2 bolts and one wire connector. Very satisfied. Thanks Norm

Myellowz
04-24-2009, 07:22 AM
The Director can also be removed in Minutes for those who also run a vacuum at times. The Director has other uses other than controling clippings.

ALC-GregH
04-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Other uses? I'd like to hear what those are. I used my PC yesterday to blow clipping off the street. Set the chute down some and it blows much more force and moves the clippings much faster then without a chute. I was very happy with the results. Oh yeah and it all happens while my hands are still on the controls with a flick of a switch.

DLCS
04-24-2009, 08:54 AM
I happen to think that "The Director OCDC " is the highest quality , durable, ease of use and cost out there. www.thedirectorocdc.com Only made for eXmark mowers for now.

For now? i'd say after 8 or 9 years, they don't plan on making them for other mowers.

MikeKle
04-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I spent the better part of a week thinking about which OCDC would be best for me and now that Ive had it on for about a month, I find I dont even use it that much and find that it really just gets in the way most of the time. I agree with the other poster who said to simply just blow the grass in the other direction and they are just another expensive gadget you dont need!

ALC-GregH
04-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I spent the better part of a week thinking about which OCDC would be best for me and now that Ive had it on for about a month, I find I dont even use it that much and find that it really just gets in the way most of the time. I agree with the other poster who said to simply just blow the grass in the other direction and they are just another expensive gadget you dont need!

I don't care who you are, your going to blow grass in the mulch beds if you don't have a block off chute. Just about every property I cut, I need a block off plate to stop this from happening. Then again, I try to make the property look it's best and stripe every property I cut. Can't do that without dumping grass clippings in the mulch. How can you cut the grass and side discharge it going though a area that has a bed on each side and is only 6-8ft wide without blowing the clippings in the mulch? You can't, plain and simple.

Myellowz
04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
As far as other uses , it seems like your unit does pretty much the same as The Director. Do I understand that yours is electric. Mine is manual and I can open mine to any angle I wish and when Open all the way it's completely open and lays against the control rod which gives me more trimability.

ALC-GregH
04-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Yes, the Power Chute Design is electric. I was going to get a manual OCDC but felt it could cause me to get out of line so to speak when striping. I can keep my hands on the control sticks and tap the switch at any given time without worry. I'm not taking anything away from the product you have by any means. I'm sure it's a solid unit and works just fine too. I wanted something that I didn't have to reach over take my hand off the stick to operate.

milike
04-24-2009, 11:40 AM
You sound as if your lacking experience. An OCDC is verry helpful.

I know that if I was to get one...it would be very helpful and making my wallet lighter. :dancing: