PDA

View Full Version : Collegepro Picture Thread 2009

Collegepro
03-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Decided like everyone else to just start one thread, should be pretty fun with the new season coming up...Some back info, I am 23 and just graduated with a Horticulture degree and decided to pursue this full time and see where it takes me.

First pic is of my 2001 ford lariat supercrew 4X4 5.4 all leather, sunroof....it gets the job done for now, also picked up that trailer last year and has been working out really good for me, and the old 1985 ford ranger it is a beast I tell ya....I tractor is an old Massy and does just fine for the projects I need done.

Collegepro
03-19-2009, 11:18 PM
This is a pic of a trailer I made my senior year in High School Ag Mech, I used it for 2 full years and just have it sitting around now, This is our cattle/hog trailer (we have a few cattle and hogs), the small trailer was my first trailer and now works good with the ranger, The next is the R1 (love this bike) has 9,000 miles most dont see 1,000....last one my Gator I got in October has been working really well for me..

Collegepro
03-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Rubicon with a plow only 1 year old, and the 400 ex with is 2 years old, I have a plor for the Gator as well..My 757 I got 2 years ago, I will be trading this in, in June for a New one, and also have a new quick trak on its way hopefully will be in by next friday...

Collegepro
03-19-2009, 11:27 PM
All my handhelds...
This is Name and Logo and colors of the biz, orange, blue and white...

Collegepro
03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Ok here is the Shop where I keep everything, Its pretty big has one garage door entry, 2 doors for entry, bathroom, office, air, heat, ac, concrete floor, its pretty good for what I need...cabients, mini frig...

Collegepro
03-19-2009, 11:37 PM
This is a cleanup i did today, pretty windy and leaves just going everywhere, good sized house, I sold my walker bagger and it will be a week for my new john deere with a bagger to come in, so i just mowed over the leaves until they were mulched up..it worked pretty good...this place will look a lot better once I get the mulch down...some before and after pics...hopefully i get them in ok order...

Collegepro
03-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Some more pics of the place..I am Solo with one helper in the mowing season, but starting to get almost to overloaded so might be bringing on the help here sooner than thought.

Also from a town of about 5,000 and work mainly in my town and stay busy all the time, and so work on the towns next to mine but they are too big either...so im not up in the city doing major work

Collegepro
03-19-2009, 11:46 PM
I few after pics....It was a little wet in a few places and left a few tracks, but nothing that will hurt anything..

Collegepro
03-19-2009, 11:49 PM
A few last ones....hope you all like these and well see what the comments have to say...Thanks

and the last 2 pics is of a house I did last week and didnt take pics, didnt really feel like walking over there and taking pics so I just took some from the yard I was in...

Kennedy Landscaping
03-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Looks good, I really like your setup and rig and shop!

greenstar lawn
03-20-2009, 12:02 AM
great pic man. good luck this season

hole in one lco
03-20-2009, 12:07 AM
it was all good till the work pics . nice stuff tho

Collegepro
03-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Whats wrong with the work pics?

hole in one lco
03-20-2009, 12:19 AM
from what i see you put some nice tire tracks in the lawn front lawn still looks like dog meat

Collegepro
03-20-2009, 12:25 AM
The front pic was not finished yet like I said I might have a few pics reversed or out of order...and tire tracks..they will be un noticeable in a few days no one lives there or will...house is priced way to high for anyone to look at around these parts....so basically I told myself I could deal with a few tracks since it will be months-year(s) till this house sells anyways..thanks for the new thread bash though

hole in one lco
03-20-2009, 12:31 AM
not bashing you just telling you what i saw

newlooklandscp
03-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Doesnt matter if anyone lives there now or later. Tire tracks are a no no :nono:. Nice set up and shop but keep the tracks to a minimum.

Collegepro
03-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Well yes I know that it isent good/right, had like 10 feet left drove in it...realized..crap its wet got out made a booboo, wouldnt keep driving through or do it any other time, had 10 feet left figured ole well it will be fine and go down the road...even if no one can see it or not doesnt make it right but I used my own judgement...but thanks for looking out.

slamjamrockinman
03-20-2009, 01:00 AM
set-up looks good. I love the shop, wish I had a place like that. Looks like you got some nice toys too!! Really not a whole lot you can do about the tracks. I have done that before, but customers usually understand when they go to walk on the grass and their feet sink in! lol Nice pics keep them coming!

2brothersyardcare
03-20-2009, 06:34 AM
you do nic work and have nice toys i would have waited for a bagger

Big Red Ferris
03-20-2009, 07:42 AM
that old massy id keep it around restore it that perkins will never let u down i have a 235 in the fam we use it too spray apple orchards its been restored i love it best 2wd tractor ive been on

Collegepro
03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
slamjamrockinman -- Thanks man, I found it about 2 years ago and it has done me well...I only pay 250 a month for everything so its a deal I think..and thanks for the back up on the tracks..I just didnt notice it untull I went through it because it has not rained or anything for a while, ole well thanks

2brothersyardcare -- Yea but my bagger wont be in for another week and I needed to get it done and out of the way, but wish I would have had a bagger would have made things a bit easier..

lawnfreak--thanks man your stuff always looks clean and good as well, keep up on those cleanups the more the better

Big Red Ferris -- Yea my dad keeps telling me that it needs to be done because it would look so much better, I'm sure we will get it done one of these days.. what do you use to spray you pulling a sprayer?

M RASCOE&SONS
03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
looks real good.you get that whole shop for 250,around my neck of the woods they would charge 1000.keep up the good work.

Lakewlc
03-20-2009, 02:43 PM
everything llooks great! love the gator

DRBLawnBuster
03-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Very nice set-up love the gator and 4 wheelers

Big Red Ferris
03-20-2009, 04:35 PM
we have a 150gal air blast 3pt hich speed sprayer she runs her good hes got alot fresh fruit peachs nectories plums apples he works 30 acers farms like 70 but gramps is 75 he just wont stop he pays for his caddies with cash lol

Big Red Ferris
03-20-2009, 04:39 PM
hahah u guys wanna talk about tractors too they chop brush in the orchards like 3'' thick we have ptos on the front of the tractor so the chopper can eat i b4 u run it over thing chucks wood all over nice too have 100hp tractor and just go chopping

slamjamrockinman
03-20-2009, 06:39 PM
slamjamrockinman -- Thanks man, I found it about 2 years ago and it has done me well...I only pay 250 a month for everything so its a deal I think..and thanks for the back up on the tracks..I just didnt notice it untull I went through it because it has not rained or anything for a while, ole well thanks

2brothersyardcare -- Yea but my bagger wont be in for another week and I needed to get it done and out of the way, but wish I would have had a bagger would have made things a bit easier..

lawnfreak--thanks man your stuff always looks clean and good as well, keep up on those cleanups the more the better

Big Red Ferris -- Yea my dad keeps telling me that it needs to be done because it would look so much better, I'm sure we will get it done one of these days.. what do you use to spray you pulling a sprayer?

Dang that's a steal!! I wish I could find something like that:hammerhead:

Collegepro
03-20-2009, 06:42 PM
M RASCOE&SONS -- Yea I get a good deal because the guy who owns them all is a customer of mine so it works out really really well.

Lakewlc -- Appreciate it that gator comes in handy more than I thought it would.
DRBLawnBuster -- Toys are fun but good work horses also..
Big Red Ferris -- So is he going to let you take over this biz after a while?

stroker51
03-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Nice stuff!! I wouldn't worry about the ruts, they'll go away, sometimes conditions aren't the best, it happens. Are you trading your 757 on an 800 series? Unless they have changed a bunch of stuff since the ones a couple of my buddies had I'd keep the old 757. My 737 with a 60" would out cut the 800 whatever it was ones they had. Just FYI. Deere is coming out with a all new Z for 2010, I'm going to wait until then to upgrade.

Cuttinitclose
03-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Love the shop, Stihl, and JD stuff. What kind of blower/vac is that and why so many trimmers?

South Florida Lawns
03-21-2009, 01:28 AM
I like your stuff a lot, I was going to school for a while back in 2003 but could not take it any more and just focused more on my business which I love doing. I'm just glad I don't owe anybody money, and the fact that I'm about to move into my first house next month its gonna be great. Most kids my age are looking for a job right now and have a bunch of student loans to pay off.

Good luck this season collegepro!

Collegepro
03-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Nice stuff!! I wouldn't worry about the ruts, they'll go away, sometimes conditions aren't the best, it happens. Are you trading your 757 on an 800 series? Unless they have changed a bunch of stuff since the ones a couple of my buddies had I'd keep the old 757. My 737 with a 60" would out cut the 800 whatever it was ones they had. Just FYI. Deere is coming out with a all new Z for 2010, I'm going to wait until then to upgrade.

Thanks, Well I would like to get a new one before my warrenty goes out, so I can stay on top of that. I tested a new 800 series last year and hated them, just hated them and told my dealers that I will not buy a new Deere unless something is changed because they were garbage. But they kinda had a recal deal had had these upgrade kits that John Deere had to put on yur new 800 series if you had one for free....this was to make them less jumpy and everything else...it costs Deere over $1000 per machine counting the labor to do....but your true could just wait one year...

Collegepro
03-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Love the shop, Stihl, and JD stuff. What kind of blower/vac is that and why so many trimmers?

Thanks We have both dealers in my small town so I stay with them because if anything was to ever break or need something they are right there to help...that vac is the same as the blowers but just with a few more pieces and tubes to make it suk, but I dont like is very much...55 i believe, and one trimmer is somewhat on the rocks of never working again, the small one is the one I use alot for detail stuff and the other 2 straights just wanted them so if ever I had help I had 2 big ones to use.

I like your stuff a lot, I was going to school for a while back in 2003 but could not take it any more and just focused more on my business which I love doing. I'm just glad I don't owe anybody money, and the fact that I'm about to move into my first house next month its gonna be great. Most kids my age are looking for a job right now and have a bunch of student loans to pay off.

Haha wow man you lucky dawg, I have some student loans which suck, but it was def worth it, good luck on the house and good luck to your this season as well look forward to seeing more of your pics!

Big Red Ferris
03-21-2009, 04:30 PM
the lawn deal is mine personaly and he had frurit farm yeah i want the farm it be so nice too be full time mowing sum day with a hobby farm

Collegepro
03-21-2009, 04:55 PM
I put this is the commercial thread to, but was wanting to put it here to...just blows my mind..tell me what you think?

I put in a mulch bid which was going to take a total of 70 yards...Brown dyed mulch...This guy was taking my bid and another bid...The owner told me today that the other guys bid was $1,800 for 70 yards of mulch plus treflan (Preen), instal, clean up, getting there etc...well mine was more than that for sure because my mulch alone was almost that....just wondering by some of you others guys if you think that is right or is this guy going to be making any money or what...just blows my mind...$1,800 for all of that...maybe im just way to high but you have to be able to make money..

afg
03-21-2009, 08:17 PM
maybe one day you'll learn how to grow it AND mow it.

Collegepro
03-21-2009, 09:06 PM
haha good one

lifetree
03-21-2009, 10:02 PM
from what i see you put some nice tire tracks in the lawn front lawn still looks like dog meat

More than tire tracks ... I saw some real ruts in the turf !!

... Really not a whole lot you can do about the tracks. ...

Not true, he could have delayed doing that account until it was appropriate for the turf conditions !!

... and tire tracks ... they will be un noticeable in a few days ...

It's more than tracks, there are ruts ... and those will be noticeable for awhile !!

lifetree
03-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Collegepro -- I was wondering whether you think you utilize the training in your work that you received with the Horticulture degree that you have ??

Lux Lawn
03-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Shop looks nice you keep it clean...What size is it.

Collegepro
03-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Lifetree.....dont worry about it I went over there yesterday and they drove there truck in the back yard to get a freezer and made some massive ruts...yea like I said before ole well...house is for sale (wont sell)..no one will see I wont to it again lets get over it...and pics look diff than actually being there...and yes my HORT degree is well worth it and use my education I recieved everyday...but again thanks for looking out...but the ruts..lets get over it..

Lux Lawn---its like 60 deep and like about 40-45 wide..

Collegepro
03-22-2009, 02:06 PM
and again when I went over there yesterday my tracks...or your ruts were gone..

Collegepro
03-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Picked up my new 657A John Deere quick trak...has a bagging attachment and a striping kit on it...
....I want to put this thing to work but it has been raining non stop for about 24 hours now.
---I got to play around with it a little in the shop though....

Collegepro
03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
A few more and a pic of my John Deere Fleet..

Cuttinitclose
03-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Sweet deere's!!

nnj18
03-28-2009, 07:10 PM
those JD standers are crap man, weigh about the same as a ztr and have tiny tires....you'll def be rutting with it...even my die-hard JD dealer agreed that.

Junior M
03-28-2009, 07:19 PM
those JD standers are crap man, weigh about the same as a ztr and have tiny tires....you'll def be rutting with it...even my die-hard JD dealer agreed that.
Ok, its his choice, people on here dont like Chevy or your Lesco's but they dont go on your thread giving you s#it about them, he bought it cause its what he liked or its what he could afford and its the same for yuo..

Collegepro
03-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Well I happen to like these mowers and are pretty popular around this area, I dont see any reason to go anywhere else when you have a dealer right in town especially since in John Deere, I believe this mower will fit all my needs. But thanks for your opinion and I'm sure well find out soon enough if im rutting everything up

deere615
03-28-2009, 11:03 PM
nice jd fleet! do you have any hills that the quick track will cut? if so let me know how it does I have been wondering

NEWGUYRI
03-29-2009, 10:28 AM
what kind of trimmers?

nnj18
03-29-2009, 12:37 PM
i'm just saying truth here, the JD stander doesnt compare to others. when a JD dealer agrees on some major flaws its time to reconsider the choices out there...I'm NOT IN ANY WAY saying JD is bad, just that thier "stander" isnt a good product and I've demoed it, major rutting, doesnt hold a hill well and its a very large machine, put it next to a wright and toro and see the difference.

Good luck and I do like the green fleet! I'm looking at possibly purchasing a 60" JD Z.

Collegepro
03-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I know where your coming from, and I would just like to stay all one brand...So john deere, and man the toro or wright dealers are like 50-60 miles away from me so it would kinda be a hassel for break downs and stuff like that, not all mechanics are good with off brand machines, but I'll like it and think it will do just fine really I dont have any hills really just all flat so it will work out well...hopefully get some pics of the work soon so then well really be able to find out...

stroker51
03-29-2009, 03:57 PM
I've got an 07 just like it, only I dont have the stripe kit. The 7 Iron II is an awesome deck, in my opinion the best out there, and I've run Toro, Exmark, Hustler, Dixie, and the 7 Iron is awesome, especially in wet spring grass. Mine isn't the greatest on hills, but my Z is awesome, so I can use it if the hill is bad. I mow some really nice high profile jobs with mine and nothing is rutted up or any negative effects because of the down falls of the deere stander, which is just an updated/upgraded great dane. I think you will like it, I thought about getting rid on mine for a new Grandstand, but like you my dealer is close and is awesome. And it's almost paid for. They are tough mowers, mine is probably the most reliable in my fleet right now, and I'm not a fan of any mower I have to stand on. Good luck with it.

nnj18
03-29-2009, 04:03 PM
I know where your coming from, and I would just like to stay all one brand...So john deere, and man the toro or wright dealers are like 50-60 miles away from me so it would kinda be a hassel for break downs and stuff like that, not all mechanics are good with off brand machines, but I'll like it and think it will do just fine really I dont have any hills really just all flat so it will work out well...hopefully get some pics of the work soon so then well really be able to find out...

well then if you stay of wet areas and if its not crazy hills, you'll be fine. I'm just in a very, very hilly area and had some issues with it....

but the fleet really does look great man, I wish I wasnt so picky so I'd keep it all one color/brand haha.

Collegepro
03-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Yea I hear, the biggest hills I do will be with the 757 and I cant really think of to many yards/properties that have bad hills that I would be using the stander on, I was at first had a dixon, walker, john deere, cub cadet...i hated running around and getting diff parts and what not so I said im just going to stay with all deere and sthil since we have both of them in the town as dealers....but well see its been a nasty wet rain for like 2 days now and wont dry out for at least another day or 2 so im excited to get it out and see what it can do..

Collegepro
05-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Took a few pics today...These first 3 are from a job which I'll post some more of the big area that is striped....had to take them from the truck since its next to the highway.....
bought a new work truck..bought it for $2000...sags a little but couldnt let the deal get away...long bed, 2 wheel drive, 120,000 miles, great shape...
----Got these trailer signs made...I have a buddy that just started doing them and he did them for free, so I got a great deal..

Collegepro
05-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Trailer signs I got made for free....looks like a billboard going down the road...have them on both sides...

I also got a new curtis spreader for my gator...works pretty well...

-----Pride and joy here....black CADDY!!

Cuttinitclose
05-06-2009, 09:19 PM
NICE CADILLAC! I like your Deere equipment and signs.

Collegepro
05-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Here are some stripes I lade down with my JD stander.....was at my house so I was in a bit of a hurry since it was getting dark....hope they look ok and you all like them...

deere615
05-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Stripes are looking good!

SNAPPER MAN
05-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Looks great man. On your ford you should look into getting some stabilizer shocks. My F-150 used to sag terribly, but after I put the new springs on it, it sits high and proud even with heavy loads. They are less than $200 and very well worth it. Just a reccomendation.

STIHL GUY
05-06-2009, 11:44 PM
nice equipment

Collegepro
07-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Picked up a new 09 830, had to because the other one was out of warrenty so I was wanting something that was under warrenty.
60 inch deck
27 horse
Striper kit
gas gauage
and handy buttons in the arms for hydro deck and pto

Collegepro
07-12-2009, 03:59 PM
And Some more.............

Collegepro
07-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Tractor and loader and forks, gooseneck, from flowers, bushes and shrubs planted..yippie good times.

mowerbrad
07-12-2009, 04:51 PM
That new deere looks awesome. You seem to have gotten a few options for it too. My neighbor just bought a couple 830's a little over a month ago and really seems to like them.

Cuttinitclose
07-12-2009, 05:28 PM
AWESOME MOWER!!!! I'm so jealous! I really want one of those! I hate you! J/K.

deere615
07-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Love the JD tractor!

nnj18
07-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Why'd you get the hydro deck??
Posted via Mobile Device

Collegepro
07-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks,
I have tested the 830's last year and absolutely hated them, but the 09 model I'll have to say is really nice and personally like it better than the 757, very pleased...

and the hydro deck..they were not charging me any extra for it so I said what they hey..but now that I have it, I wish I would have not got the hyrdo deck..pain in the arse.

Junior M
07-19-2009, 08:22 PM
I am confused about those last couple pics, that JD tractor and gooseneck, are those yours?

Collegepro
07-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Gooseneck is, I have nothing to pull that one only used for certain things so I have to borrow my dads truck, but the JD tractor is a combo between me and a guy who runs a very small nursery and just keeps it there by the greenhouse. We work together and do business together..So I was bored and was taking some pics...