PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Snapper ZTR?

metiernan
03-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Just out of curiosity does anybody have a snapper ZTR and is it anything comparable to the other major brands. The local dealer is a Snapper dealer and I would like to buy from him but not if the snapper is a piece of crap compared to exmark, scag, dixie choper, kubota, ect...

lawnpro724
03-20-2009, 12:00 AM
If your looking at their line of commercial Zs they should hold up fine. There are a few people on here who run Snapper commercial ZTRs and like them pretty much. From what I have seen they look like well built machines. Good luck with purchase.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-20-2009, 12:12 AM
The two biggest LCO's in my area run nothing but snapper pro's and swear by them. I have not heard anything bad about them here anyway.

mjealey
03-20-2009, 12:34 AM
I have a Snapper Pro s150x. Has the 48" deck and 21 HP Kawaski. They are great mowers through and through. They are built very well and for the money you can't beat them. No problems with mine and I will buy another one when the time comes. As far as what they are comparable to, just about all the other top of the line mowers. I will get scorned for saying this, but I have a Scag Tiger Cub and i like the Snapper better. Cut quality is just as good, smoother and more comnfortable ride. $1200 les brand new also. Has also been more reliable. Has 12cc fan cooled pumps on it too which is a plus.

Like others said there are more people running them more around here. s200x with a 61" deck and 27 hp Kawasaki is around $8,000.00. Local dealer says sales are way up this year because of the Exmark increase in price. Companies are switching to the Snapper Pro and saving a couple thousand or more per machine and the quality is there compared to Exmark or Scag. All the people I have talked to that run them are really impressed with the machine for the money.

I have ran both Exmark and Scag and they are very good machines and I do really like them. Honestly, Snapper Pro is right there with them!!

mjealey
03-20-2009, 12:40 AM
There are two known weak links on the Snapper Pro ZTR's:

1. There are two L-Brackets that hold the gas tanks on. If you are going to be absolutely pounding on it they have been known to bend or break. Take it into the dealer and they will put new stronger ones on. Problem Solved.

2. The muffler on these machines would sometimes break off. The newer machines have welded brackets on the exhaust that attatch to the frame and the muffler and give plenty of enforcement.

Both of these problems have been fixed on the 09's and most of the 08's. If you get a left over one or used from early 08 or older, make sure you check for these two things. I bought mine in the middle of last summe and mine came with the brackets on the muffler and stronger L-brackets on the tank.

lifetree
03-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Like others in this thread have said, SnapperPRO's are very good machines !!

Proc's Lawncare
03-20-2009, 09:47 PM
We use Snapper Pro s150x and love it.... never an issue. We even use a resi snapper ztr as a back up/home use and never had an issue with that either...

mjealey
03-20-2009, 10:00 PM
My next addition is a suspesion seat for it in the next few weeks. It is already pretty smooth for a Z, but I am seeing if a suspension seat will make a difference.

DaughtryLC
03-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Im running a 61/25k and love it!
If u have any ? pm me

bohiaa
03-21-2009, 09:50 AM
We used to run all Snapper products in the early days, they were wonderfull, But after the CO almost went out of business, I notied there product went down hill.
I have a snapper that I hate. I just couldn't belive they were so poorly build.
VERY disapointed.

But you have to remmeber I was running them back in the 70's

ed2hess
03-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Since Ferris bought them I think things have improved. They say the deck is exactly like Ferris but the unit in general lighter than the best Ferris units. It looks pretty darn good and the price is right. I think TruGreen started changing over in some locations from exmark.

weasel
03-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Don't have the ZTR but we still have the WB with the comfort loop handles and we love them we also have Scag's and as far as the WB go the Snapper is as good or better.

metiernan
03-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Do the snappers stripe good? Its hard to believe that I might go from an exmark to a snapper but with all the good feedback im going to tell my dealer to let me test one out once the grass starts growing. He also deals Encore and is proud of them but I had one once and thought it was the worst cutting machine I ever owned, maybe it was just one bad mower from the factory. Thanks for all the feedback.

mjealey
03-22-2009, 12:24 PM
The Sanappers overall quality has improved quite a bit. They are very good machines and for the money they are as good as anything else and a couple grand lighter. They are a lot like the Ferris. They have much of the same parts and accessories. When I ordered my stripe kit, it came in a Ferris box from the Snapper dealer and bolted up no problems. They don't have the suspensions on there models that the Ferris have.

If anybody is lookinmg for a walk-behind, I highly suggest their sw-20 line that is new. i have the 36" , full floating deck, dual hydro, 13 hp kawi on it for $3899. I was concerned about the 13 Kawi, but i is plenty of enough power for this mower. d not pull a sulky or anything, I just walk with it.

As far as striping goes. In plain stock form, I would still say the Exmark is better. I have the stripe kit and it is on point with Exmark. I will try to get some striping pictures if can.

mjealey
03-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I posted these in the Pictures & Video forum, but here is a link to them.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=262672

verant
04-02-2009, 12:53 AM
I would too like to hear some more feedback from these mowers, their cut, price, and their bagger systems. If anyone else has any experince with them please comment!

lawns Etc
04-02-2009, 12:58 AM
They are being built as Ferris without the suspension

bohiaa
04-02-2009, 07:21 AM
I still dont think I would ever have one, it just looks to hokey to me, kind of like a wanna-be