PDA

View Full Version : Realtime Photo Imaging Question

Blmtlandscapes
03-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Ive been learning my realtime architect software an Im really impressed with it so far. However I noticed that when designing using photo imaging I can't figure out a way to scale objects and plantings. For example if you input a pine tree how do you know what size to put it at, do you just eye it up??

grntmbfisher
03-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Using Realtime Photo can be a pain. I draw up the layout and plant list for the customer by hand. When it comes to the computerized design, If you have a house in the background you can use the measurements of that to get the plants as close to right size as possible. When all you have is a garden bed or blank slate it becomes more of a hassle and I typically spend extra time resizing and moving the plants to get them to look right. I basically do the same thing in this situation as with a house and use an object in the image that I know the size of to compare to.

Blmtlandscapes
03-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Thats what I was thinking.... the best thing to do would be to do a planview drawing to scale, pick out the plant selection and placement and then do the photo imaging based off of the drawing. I just wanted to make sure I wast missing something.