PDA

View Full Version : Does Makita make trimmers???

Green Machine Mowing
03-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Turns out they do :dizzy:

http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/Default.aspx?CatID=77

luis@NJ
03-20-2009, 10:32 AM
They make blowers and chainsaws to :cry: :nono:

Green Machine Mowing
03-20-2009, 10:34 AM
their tools are good quality, and i might trust a concrete cut off saw of theirs, not lawn equipment though.

luis@NJ
03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
At home depot they rent makita chainsaws. I wonder why they don't offer stihl or echo :confused: If anyone has any makita blowers or trimmers please give us some feedback.

Green Machine Mowing
03-20-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm probably going to get a handheld blower this season and theirs dosent look half bad. $220 it looks like for a 4-stroke. but i cannot find out who makes the engine :nono: which makes me nervous

K/B
03-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Makita chainsaws are made by Dolmar. Trimmers are made by either Mitsubishi or Robin. Blowers are made by Robin. Both Robin & Dolmar are owned by Makita. But they're all top notch equipment.

kaferhaus
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I dont' bother with them, dealer network (on the grounds equipment) is thin as it is for Dolmar.

Too many other excellent products out there with fantastic dealer support and networks to mess around with those that aren't.

huntlawncare
03-20-2009, 08:28 PM
It Looks Like a John Deere Trimmer

K/B
03-20-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm probably going to get a handheld blower this season and theirs dosent look half bad. $220 it looks like for a 4-stroke. but i cannot find out who makes the engine :nono: which makes me nervous

The 4-stroke blowers are made by Robin.

I dont' bother with them, dealer network (on the grounds equipment) is thin as it is for Dolmar.

Too many other excellent products out there with fantastic dealer support and networks to mess around with those that aren't.

Dolmar support is very good in some areas of the country.

It Looks Like a John Deere Trimmer

That's because some JD trimmers were made by Mitsubishi. JD never made any handheld equipment. Their chainsaws were made by Efco, and their trimmers either by Homelite, Green Machine or Mitsubishi.