PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander RH vs. Scag Pro V

Curb Appeal Lawn Care
03-20-2009, 10:47 AM
I am looking at purchasing new equipment to service small residential lawns.

I've looked online at both the Wright Stander RH and the Scag Pro V and both seem like excellent choices.

I like the size and small footprint of the Wright, but am concerned about the quality of cut with a fixed deck versus the floating deck on the Scag. Speed, deck sizes, and engine power are similar on both, but the Wright seems like it would be more maneuverable in tight locations.

Quality of cut is a huge concern for me as most of my business comes from referrals.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.:)

grasschopperofchicago
03-20-2009, 05:44 PM
I just demo'd the units you refered to today at a Scag dealer, I liked em both, the Scag Pro V has a lot of nice features with the Velocity Deck, I have cut with Wrights before and love the cut and will probably go with it for the same price as the Pro V...I would say demo them and see what you think...the choice for me is leaning towards the Wright, but I could easily walk in and get the Scag instead

mowerbrad
03-20-2009, 07:27 PM
If you are looking at smaller deck sizes you shouldn't have to worry about scalping or anything. I would choose the wright since it would be more productive.

weasel
03-20-2009, 08:16 PM
we had the ProV and disliked it very much as a matter of fact we sold it. Never had the Wright but are demo'g the Great Dane right now and it's neat. The reason we with Dane is the people on this board seemed to like it better than Wright plus we have a close dealer.

grasschopperofchicago
03-21-2009, 02:25 AM
we had the ProV and disliked it very much as a matter of fact we sold it. Never had the Wright but are demo'g the Great Dane right now and it's neat. The reason we with Dane is the people on this board seemed to like it better than Wright plus we have a close dealer.

lol...so you got a Dane because the forum leaned that direction?...lol..wow, good thing you weren't in the market for a Quick 36!!...lol...because a lot of people swear by those here as well!!...The Wright set the standard on the stand ons and actually have considerably more benefits than the Dane, I got a quote, but demo'd both t'day, and the Pro "V"...Dane is a lower cost entry into what Wright has perfected after seeing the two, and Pro "V" simply improved a WB nearly as far as you can take one!...you get a Kohler or Kaw in that Dane?

weasel
03-21-2009, 08:54 PM
lol...so you got a Dane because the forum leaned that direction?...lol..wow, good thing you weren't in the market for a Quick 36!!...lol...because a lot of people swear by those here as well!!...The Wright set the standard on the stand ons and actually have considerably more benefits than the Dane, I got a quote, but demo'd both t'day, and the Pro "V"...Dane is a lower cost entry into what Wright has perfected after seeing the two, and Pro "V" simply improved a WB nearly as far as you can take one!...you get a Kohler or Kaw in that Dane?

you read too fast. we are demo'g a Dane. we get 30 hrs. so far it's good. The proV is not for commercial mowing. we run 10 scag WB,but the proV is not in the league. no one even carries Wright near me so it would not be wise to buy one.

lifetree
03-21-2009, 10:17 PM
... The proV is not for commercial mowing. we run 10 scag WB,but the proV is not in the league. ...

WOW ... that's quite a statement from an experienced Scag customer !!

weasel
03-21-2009, 10:43 PM
WOW ... that's quite a statement from an experienced Scag customer !!

It's only the truth. I use and buy what works. I'm not the only one who dislikes these, maybe on here though.