PDA

View Full Version : Scag Turf Tiger 71" cut

green_with_envy
03-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I have the chance to buy a Turf Tiger, 71" cut, gas engine, homeowner owned, under 400 hours and maybe 8 years old. Always dealer serviced every year. Looks like new.
$2500....yes or no?

How you people like them? I have Hustler and Ex mark.

stidrvr
03-20-2009, 07:12 PM
thats a steal!!!!!

djagusch
03-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Good deal if it runs good. What engine is in it. Also if you don't want it send me the contact info I just got a contract that I could use it on.

By the way what track days do you do?

QualityLawnCare4u
03-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I agree, that is a steal if the mower is in decent shape and only home owner use.

RTR Landscaping
03-20-2009, 08:42 PM
That's a really good deal. My Scag dealer had a trade in that was pretty close to the same mower. He sold it for $4500 with 600 hrs of commercial use.I have Turf Tigers with 61" decks and absolutley think there the best mowers available. If you need and can trailer a 72" deck, I'd go for it. You might ask the dealer for the service record if available.

lifetree
03-20-2009, 09:05 PM
That is a very good deal ... grab it !!

lawnboy2068
03-20-2009, 10:03 PM
My friend who we share yard space with has 3 of these and they are beasts. For $2500 you would be insane not to grab it. Brand new they go for about $12K here in NJ depending on the engine. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

James

jlawnman
03-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Hell yes! Buy if even if you don't need it! Clean it up a little and make 2 grand profit on it tomorrow! Those babies new are 4 times that.. Buy it dude! Don't worry about how well it runs.

green_with_envy
03-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Good deal if it runs good. What engine is in it. Also if you don't want it send me the contact info I just got a contract that I could use it on.

By the way what track days do you do?

I do (or have done) track days at Shannonville Canada, Nelson Ledges Ohio (crap track), Summit (MAIN) WV, Pocono PA (WHAT A HOLE) , Beaver Run near Pittsburgh.

Not sure what engine...all I know is it is gas. Going to get it next week. It has been sitting for a year and a half. It looks almost new. Even got the contract to cut their property. Just hope it starts ok.

jlawnman
03-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Not sure what engine...all I know is it is gas. Going to get it next week. It has been sitting for a year and a half. It looks almost new. Even got the contract to cut their property. Just hope it starts ok.

Ok.. It's been sitting for a year and a half? No big deal.. I can tell you now that it won't crank. Before you even try, dump the fuel tank, flush out the fuel lines, new fuel filter, take off the carb & clean out all the varnished gas (if needs be, new gaskets, diaphrams, and needle valve) , new spark plug, oil change w/new filter. Charge the battery. Grease up the spindles. Hydro system is sealed, so that should be OK.

Letting them sit up is BAD. But you should have a good machine after a little work. Keep us posted.:)

djagusch
03-21-2009, 08:10 PM
I do (or have done) track days at Shannonville Canada, Nelson Ledges Ohio (crap track), Summit (MAIN) WV, Pocono PA (WHAT A HOLE) , Beaver Run near Pittsburgh.

I race with the CRA at BIR in MN.

green_with_envy
03-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Ok.. It's been sitting for a year and a half? No big deal.. I can tell you now that it won't crank. Before you even try, dump the fuel tank, flush out the fuel lines, new fuel filter, take off the carb & clean out all the varnished gas (if needs be, new gaskets, diaphrams, and needle valve) , new spark plug, oil change w/new filter. Charge the battery. Grease up the spindles. Hydro system is sealed, so that should be OK.

Letting them sit up is BAD. But you should have a good machine after a little work. Keep us posted.:)

You think the gas turned in a year and a half? I'll take a wiff befre I try anything. I'm sure the battery is dead. I hope it will start though. Hard to do all that stuff in the little shead they have ...and hard to push on my trailer.

green_with_envy
04-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I finally got a chance to go pick this mower up. I took a chance and just took a new can of gas, jumper cables and some starter fluid. It has been sitting since july 07.

I sat down, turned the key and heard the efi kick in and pump gas (good sign) hit the start and turned over a bit slow then kicked off. Yeah! I filled it with new gas and it seemd fine so I pulled it out of the past owners shed and cut their grass...4 acres without a hickup. What a mower. Not hardly even a scratch on it. $2500 later it is now in my shop. Way faster in top speed over my 25hp 52" Lazer.

It has the Kaw 29hp liquid cooled with efi. Seems the battery is even charging and good.

puppypaws
04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
I finally got a chance to go pick this mower up. I took a chance and just took a new can of gas, jumper cables and some starter fluid. It has been sitting since july 07.

I sat down, turned the key and heard the efi kick in and pump gas (good sign) hit the start and turned over a bit slow then kicked off. Yeah! I filled it with new gas and it seemd fine so I pulled it out of the past owners shed and cut their grass...4 acres without a hickup. What a mower. Not hardly even a scratch on it. $2500 later it is now in my shop. Way faster in top speed over my 25hp 52" Lazer.

It has the Kaw 29hp liquid cooled with efi. Seems the battery is even charging and good.

You got the deal of a lifetime, good luck!

STIHL GUY
04-11-2009, 04:42 PM
go for it its a good deal

jlawnman
04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
that's way cool... good for you dude... They 'bout gave you that thing...

green_with_envy
04-13-2009, 09:18 AM
I figured it would at least have a dead battery. Sat in a outside cold shed.

Anyone else have that 29hp efi water cooled? How do you like it. Any quirks?

The whole mower has maybe 300 hours on it.

puppypaws
04-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I figured it would at least have a dead battery. Sat in a outside cold shed.

Anyone else have that 29hp efi water cooled? How do you like it. Any quirks?

The whole mower has maybe 300 hours on it.

I do not own one; but the Scag factory told me the Kawasaki 29 dfi was their best selling engine on the Turf Tiger. People on LawnSite that run the 29 dfi only have praise for this engine. I don't really care what engine is on a 72" Scag TT, if you bought it for that amount of money with 300 hrs. you can't possibly go wrong.

erickson
04-13-2009, 04:54 PM
400 hours at that price is a steal!

tacoma200
04-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Sounds good....

johnnybravo8802
04-14-2009, 01:28 AM
I didn't know they made a 71" deck.:confused:

tacoma200
04-14-2009, 01:45 AM

No, I don't think so but I assumed he meant 72".

Lawnut101
04-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Dang, I dream of deals like that!

green_with_envy
04-14-2009, 01:40 PM

With the way I hit things it will be a 71" soon.....lol

My mistake....sorry....lol

yardmanlee
04-14-2009, 06:29 PM
why cant i find deals like that!! your one lucky man

green_with_envy
04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I just made an offer to the lady. Her husband died and the mower sat since then. So far it is a beast.