PDA

View Full Version : Toro titan, any good?

madisonpressurewashing
03-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I mow about 15 yards a week. Dealer said this is a good fit and a good mower. What you all think?

mowerbrad
03-20-2009, 08:13 PM
This is a homeowner model. I read Toro's description on it and they even called it "commercial like". I would think that this mower is designed for the home owner with a couple acres to cut once per week or every other week. I really don't think it will last as long as a full commercial mower would, it might out last the lower end toro home owner ztr's.

redfox033
03-20-2009, 08:14 PM
I looked at a Titan last season, I think they are a good mower. I also looked at some of the other toros, it came down to the Scag tiger cub and Toro 400. Its sounds like a good mower, but I would ask the dealer... How many Commercial guys are running the Titan? I think its ok, but it may not hold up like a better Toro or other brand would in the years to come. I would buy something with runflat tires in front, if you don't you will spend $100.00 bucks to get them.

madisonpressurewashing
03-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Thanks! Dealer said alot of people buying them. He is good guy, and, I will take his word on it. The dealer also said it was not as good as the PRO TORO ones, but very close. I like the fact it was cheaper. I tried out a Wright stander too, and I liked it alot. He made it sound like it was better than the Toro Grand stand.

newz7151
03-21-2009, 02:25 AM
There were a few changes to the Titans since the 2008 models.

The Titan has a 3 year/240 hour warranty for both homeowner AND commercial use. The hour meter only operates while the blades are engaged, so any hours you put on it will be actual mowing time hours. Might want to avoid the 50" model, as it uses the same stamped deck as the TimeCutter 50", it's just mounted differently.

welldone2523
06-30-2011, 08:07 PM
I just reached 50 hours on my Toro Titan MX. I am very happy with it and I use it commercially. This is built the same as a commercial mower ie: exmark..I would recommend it, I am not hard on my equipment but have been in some tight spots that I was sure it would not produce professional results. It prove me wrong. Wish, just wish i had runflat tires..live and learn
Posted via Mobile Device

calvinslawnservices
06-30-2011, 10:40 PM
From my understanding the Titan is a homeowner model, the Titan MX is commerically designed for homeowner use. Meaning that the titan is for one acre a week the titan mx is for homeowners with more acreage to mow. So if you were to go with the titan line spend the extra money and get the MX.

welldone2523
06-30-2011, 10:46 PM
The Titan Mx has a 400 hr "commercial warranty".
Posted via Mobile Device