PDA

View Full Version : This Weeks Yards

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Didn't take time to get at Stipe angles on all. But most are GREEN:usflag:

theguynextdoor
03-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I see you started using the new chrome walker other than your own house. I just picked up my new walker the other day. I can't wait to use it on my customers lawns. It's so much fun to use.

Pics look awesome. Hope I can get my stripes that straight. Still getting used to the controls

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Couple more

Lakewlc
03-20-2009, 09:40 PM
wow thats crazy that you were just posing snow pics a few weeks ago.. btw that walker looks great

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Last batch

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-20-2009, 09:51 PM
More than I thought and one for those that like BROWN:rolleyes:

mattfromNY
03-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Your properties are always so nice, its great to see those pics after a long winter. Is the darker colored mulch new, or just freshened up from last year? I remember last year you guys put down LOTS of mulch, do most of your customers take new every year, or do you use your discretion whether to 'freshen' it up, or apply new?
Thanks for the great pics, looks like you guys are off to a great start!

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-20-2009, 09:58 PM
wow thats crazy that you were just posing snow pics a few weeks ago.. btw that walker looks great

That snow helped a ton and they all got 24-0-11 after cutting. We're in for heck in bout 2 wks:cry:

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Your properties are always so nice, its great to see those pics after a long winter. Is the darker colored mulch new, or just freshened up from last year? I remember last year you guys put down LOTS of mulch, do most of your customers take new every year, or do you use your discretion whether to 'freshen' it up, or apply new?
Thanks for the great pics, looks like you guys are off to a great start!

2 or 3 have new mulch, the list for that is just starting to grow.

2brothersyardcare
03-20-2009, 10:02 PM
i want a walker

Petr51488
03-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Very nice! Those are some nice houses down there.. What do they go for?

flatlander42
03-20-2009, 11:05 PM
:weightlifter:You should post links of your threads to the guys that alwas ask how good of a job a Walker does! It will definately answer their questions!!!:cool2:

GREAT JOB!!

Nathan

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-20-2009, 11:10 PM
:weightlifter:You should post links of your threads to the guys that alwas ask how good of a job a Walker does! It will definately answer their questions!!!:cool2:

GREAT JOB!!

Nathan

There is a lot of Scag Hags out there that will swear they cut better.:nono:
One in particular:dizzy:

jg244888
03-20-2009, 11:12 PM
you teasing us with the shorts a t's is freakin freezing here!!!!!!!!!!

flatlander42
03-20-2009, 11:15 PM
"Skag Hags"

haha, haha.

DLAWNS
03-21-2009, 12:00 AM
There is a lot of Scag Hags out there that will swear they cut better.:nono:
One in particular:dizzy:

Prez--They're lying to themselves! lol:) Those properties look awesome as usual! I love when you post pics especially when we're about to start working. It gets me all physced up. Keep up the great work dude!

Five points, On. Can
03-21-2009, 12:07 AM
That sure is some nice work. With that kinda of work you must have many stops where you do multiple properties. I'm sure work work easily sells itself. Thanks for sharing

fazzy815-66
03-21-2009, 12:09 AM
your properties look frigging amazing! Great job ! Love your work:clapping:

South Florida Lawns
03-21-2009, 02:12 AM
looks like your home boy is having way too fun on that chromed out walker there!

T&J Landscaping
03-21-2009, 02:45 AM
those pics are from last yr ,, i remeber those pics, because i asked u what fertlizer do u use ?

albhb3
03-21-2009, 02:59 AM
holy chit those are some big houses not the Mcmansions around here (Brick front vinal sides). If you dont mind what are you getting for some of those places.

T.Brandon
03-21-2009, 03:20 AM
Take a pic of the mowing rig!!!

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-21-2009, 09:31 AM
those pics are from last yr ,, i remeber those pics, because i asked u what fertlizer do u use ?

Go search the other post and compare, Same yards, different pics, and do you know how many times people ask what fert?:hammerhead:

CoupesCuts
03-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow, lifestyles of the rich and the famous over here. Nice accounts and nicer Walker. I like the mower, I like the cut, I just can't get past the bad stripes they leave. Get rid of the third wheel on that thing!

pj550v12
03-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Prez! Lookin great. I have to put some pics up asap of our work. Your old Walker has its work cut out for it up north but its dealing with it like a champ. It has about 20 New England clean-ups under its belt by now and I couldn't be happier. Glad to see all is well and let me know when you're selling your next one! haha

theguynextdoor
03-21-2009, 01:47 PM
What mower did your company start out with, or have you been using walkers since the beginning?

T.Brandon
03-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Prez, How many walkers and enclosed trailers are you running?

addictedtolandscaping
03-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Man they look absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-21-2009, 02:34 PM
What mower did your company start out with, or have you been using walkers since the beginning?

When we started I knew it was Walkers from the get go.
Brandon, We have 3 Walkers and 1 enclosed trailer. 1 Crew that does the work of 2.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Prez! Lookin great. I have to put some pics up asap of our work. Your old Walker has its work cut out for it up north but its dealing with it like a champ. It has about 20 New England clean-ups under its belt by now and I couldn't be happier. Glad to see all is well and let me know when you're selling your next one! haha

Hey Paul! Glad the mower is workin out for ya. Look forward to some stripe pics. That mower is already trained:laugh:

Kennedy Landscaping
03-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Those pictures look awesome! I love that walker and your silver truck as well. Good luck this year and be safe!

Edmonds Lawn Service
03-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Nice work. I'm not far from greenville.

RedMax Man
03-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Top notch as always... that catcher on the Chrome machine looks a little dirty:nono::laugh: oh wait maybe its full of clippings.

J&R Landscaping
03-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Awsome pictures as usual!!

riverwalklandscaping
03-23-2009, 12:46 AM
haha wow every time i see someone driving a walker I forget about the controls and wonder why they have their hands on their $#%&

JABBERS
03-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey Chestnut Oaks,

I'm looking at getting a walker and was wondering which ghs deck you prefer and why the 42" or the 48"? I have heard some pros and cons. But I prefer to hear them from someone that really knows. Thanks

The Elements Group
03-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Looking good Dean.... I will say your lawns looked the best in that whole subdivision.. give me a shout ..Look forward to talking with ya..Matt

Green Finger
03-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Nice work. Nice properties, looking good man.:clapping:

lifetree
03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
i want a walker

It does seem to do outstanding work ... however, it's too expensive for me !!

Trevors Lawn Care
03-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Nice work. I'm not far from greenville.

I have a truck terminal in Greenville, MS if you are interested in bidding it. You can email me at Tbrunckhorst@crownenterprisesinc.com for more information.

Trevor

ATouchofGrass
03-26-2009, 08:49 PM
I can't wait for the grass to start growing!!

lawnproslawncare
03-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Prez,
I have to send a negative your way. You darn Walker rims are so shinny they are causing me to want to buy one. At least the commemorative mowers are priced cheaper than the brand spanking new units at my dealer ;) lol

Looks great

CrystalCreek
03-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Prez,
I have to send a negative your way. You darn Walker rims are so shinny they are causing me to want to buy one. At least the commemorative mowers are priced cheaper than the brand spanking new units at my dealer ;) lol

Looks great

Did you ever see the walkers he sells after he uses them for like 2000 hours. They are cleaner that when purchased new. I swear it must be VooDoo majic or some crazy sh*t like that. I look at my mowers and crap just sticks to it. I am sooo jealous. If I lived closer to him, I would try to work with him for a while to learn his ways. Learn from the pros and stick it to the Joes. Keep up the good work chestnut.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Prez,

Looks great

Lawnpro! where is the negative?:) I was surprized they were only $1000 more than a 26EFI. All the extras an all. That thing takes forever to fill that new hopper,can cut 3to1 to my old walkers before dumping. Uses twice the gas though.

theguynextdoor
03-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Lawnpro! where is the negative?:) I was surprized they were only $1000 more than a 26EFI. All the extras an all. That thing takes forever to fill that new hopper,can cut 3to1 to my old walkers before dumping. Uses twice the gas though.

How big is the hopper on it? 9.5 bushel?

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-27-2009, 01:28 AM
How big is the hopper on it? 9.5 bushel?

Yea, I think it is 9.5 but it mulchs it up more and packs it tighter or something:dizzy:

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Chestnut oaks,

You guys to top par work!!!!!
-How do you guys charge your clients down there? Are they on a per visit basis or a year round contract?
- Why is one yard so much more brown than the others?
- You might have answered this, but what do you guys use to edge your properties after mowing?

Thanks,
Adam

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Chestnut oaks,

You guys to top par work!!!!!
-How do you guys charge your clients down there? Are they on a per visit basis or a year round contract?
- Why is one yard so much more brown than the others?
- You might have answered this, but what do you guys use to edge your properties after mowing?

Thanks,
Adam

All yards are year round 12 month contracts. Brown yard is Zoysia, about another month before it greens. We use stick edgers on curbs and driveways, weedeaters on beds. Thanks for asking:)

lawnproslawncare
03-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Prez has the new 10.0 bu hopper it looks like.

By the way prez, from what my dealer told me, any of the commemorative editions that were ordered before 12/09 are cheaper than the new 2010 models? I'm not sure though

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Prez has the new 10.0 bu hopper it looks like.

By the way prez, from what my dealer told me, any of the commemorative editions that were ordered before 12/09 are cheaper than the new 2010 models? I'm not sure though

I know starting 1/09 there was a 10% price increase.

lawnproslawncare
03-28-2009, 03:01 AM
Prez,

I noticed you have the split tail wheel. Have you noticed any pro's or con's to the split versus the single wide tail wheel? I've only had a unit with the single wide. I can see the positive side to having the single wide when on hills.

lifetree
03-28-2009, 10:01 AM
i want a walker

It would be nice to have a Walker, however, they're just too expensive !!

CrystalCreek
03-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Prez,

I noticed you have the split tail wheel. Have you noticed any pro's or con's to the split versus the single wide tail wheel? I've only had a unit with the single wide. I can see the positive side to having the single wide when on hills.

Dont want to answer for the man that started this thread...but I love my split wheel. You can get a flat and fix it later that night. Plus the wheels turn independitly of each others, so they tear the turf less when making a hard, tight turn. I have convered my old walker to the split and love that one too. Chestnut, hope I didnt steal your thunder, but I really loved this upgrade and had to share. By the way, can you post more pics. My lawns are still winter brown. Its not fair:cry::cry::cry:

pitrack
03-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Didn't take time to get at Stipe angles on all. But most are GREEN:usflag:

Hey prez. do you do most of the landscaping at these accounts? I really like that center section wall in the last pic of that first batch of pics. Looks great as usual.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Look at these from today. Rained all week 4" and stopped this morning. Thought I would try to cut it wet! New paying yards would get priority this week. One pic of dirty Shiney.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-29-2009, 11:25 PM
couple more with some new mulch

lawnproslawncare
03-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Geesh Prez, its not nice to show your walker off all dirty ;) I bet that beauty didn't even have a problem mowing the wet grass.

lawnproslawncare
03-29-2009, 11:32 PM
I bet it takes me 15 minutes to look at each one of this guys pictures! I just can't believe the way his stuff looks.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
03-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Never even grunted:laugh:
Last pic is a Elderberry Tree (Should be cool)

T.Brandon
03-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Prez, Get us a shot of inside that enclosed?

lawnproslawncare
03-30-2009, 12:31 AM
She better not grunt with all that EFI power! lol ;)

So how often do you guys wash up equipment? Daily?

It looks like it gets a bath after every lawn

Florida Gardener
03-30-2009, 01:07 AM
you seriously do the best work i have seen on this site. FLAWLESS!

Jason'sLawnCare
03-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Hey Prez,

If you don't mind, what do you use to clean the inside of the hopper? I feel like I have to scrub the heck out of it to get it all the way clean. I've tried using carpet cleaner just to try and it worked but I had to use way more than I would have wanted to.

dave k
03-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Nice work Prez.
How do you handle all of the clippings?
That's the only thing I hate about Walkers, and I have one, I use a 48" SD on mine, Just scalped my Emerald Zoysia and I have a MOUNTAIN of clippings in my back yard which my neighbor is happy to take.

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
03-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Do u power wash your mowers? And also what pre-emergent do you use on your lawns? Im trying to decide what to get, because I have never used them before and want to try it out on my lawn.

thanks
Ryan

JDavisLandscapes
03-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Sweet pics man, you maintain some really nice properties.

scagmower
03-31-2009, 08:29 PM
nice looking properties, but a scag with a striping kit would make your lines look ten times cleaner and better

DixieFerris
03-31-2009, 09:01 PM
yeah totally agree, Even our Ferris mowers stripe better than that without that awful 3rd wheel line. My Dixie and Wright standers leave better stripes too and at twice the speed. You work is really nice though, I will never go to the Walker side, but more power to you

STIHL GUY
03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
those are some nice looking lawns

flatlander42
03-31-2009, 11:24 PM
TO ALL THE WALKER NAY-SAYERS.

I don't think he posts pics to get into the Walker Tire debate every time....give him a break, it looks GREAT!! If you dont like it, click a different thread. Also, I don't plan on any of you enjoying any pics I post either. WE all will continue bagging in the most compact/efficent way, and laugh at your bagging kits!!!

Oh yeah, Chestnut, I would love to see more pics of your work!

Nathan

DLAWNS
04-01-2009, 12:04 AM
I love the cut of a Walker and Navigator (my weapon of choice). All of the people in my area love the cut of these mowers.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
04-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Thanks Master, If they had a Walker their stories would change. Sorry but there is NO comparision in Quality. Fixin to post some new pics from today in a new thread and maybe a vidio or two. No way they could make one pass at regular speed and leave these yards lookin like we did.:usflag:

TO ALL THE WALKER NAY-SAYERS.

I don't think he posts pics to get into the Walker Tire debate every time....give him a break, it looks GREAT!! If you dont like it, click a different thread. Also, I don't plan on any of you enjoying any pics I post either. WE all will continue bagging in the most compact/efficent way, and laugh at your bagging kits!!!

Oh yeah, Chestnut, I would love to see more pics of your work!

Nathan

lawnproslawncare
04-01-2009, 03:14 AM
I agree Prez. Nothing can touch the agility of a Walker on these properties that have tight spaces. We might fall behind on the straight stretches but we can make up for it on the turns ;). I doubt I'll ever own anything else. I am looking at the Super Bee