PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

Courvillez71
03-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi my name is Charlie and i'm from south Louisiana.Lawn service was my second job as a teen and now at 30 i'm returning to it part time.I work in the oilfield and the economy has my job in danger so i went out bought some equiptment ( thank you wife for believing in me lol) and here i am reading all this great info on how to get started.Any advice is appreciated. Hope to talk to most of you soon.

scottieg45
03-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi you doing Charlie? Welcome back to the grass cutting world. You use to cut grass as a teenager, smell like that fresh cut grass stay with you. The best advice i could say is advertise, either by word of mouth or sign. When the work start rolling in be ready to get it.

DLAWNS
03-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the site and my best advice to you is to read read and read some more. You can learn a lot, find some great products, and network with some great people.

Courvillez71
03-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Would it be smart for me to go out and get insurance so i can do commercial work or should i stick to family and friends without insurance for a little while?I don't know how long the oilfield will be in the crapper but if i can get started fast enough maybe i won't have to worry about my job not being there next week..The only thing i'm paying on is my mower...oh and fuel and maint.

DLAWNS
03-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Would it be smart for me to go out and get insurance so i can do commercial work or should i stick to family and friends without insurance for a little while?I don't know how long the oilfield will be in the crapper but if i can get started fast enough maybe i won't have to worry about my job not being there next week..The only thing i'm paying on is my mower...oh and fuel and maint.

I would get insured. It is very important and you never know what could happen.

M RASCOE&SONS
03-21-2009, 05:07 PM
good luck charlie with this yr.charlie i would go get yourself some insurance and a tax id
just to be safe and that way god for bid a rock goes thru a window your covered,and with a tax id and a business checking account your set to start bringing in some income..better to start off the right way.