PDA

View Full Version : Purchased a new Shindaiwa EB802

nosparkplugs
03-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Was needing some new shoulder straps for a 5 year old Shindy EB630 blower, and I made the mistake of looking at the new Shindy EB802 blowers today:).

The dealer offered to let it go for $475.00 so I had to jump on it. This is a TRUE 2 stroke blower, that will remain in production beyond 2010. The EB 8510 has the C4 hybrid 2-stroke/4-stroke technology; which Shindaiwa uses to earn EPA "emission credits", and continue making these 2-stroke EB802's .

When you first start the EB802 it acts like it's in need of a tune up:confused:, after about 60 seconds of run time it smooth's out. It does this every time you start it so far. She's a monster, and very powerful, much better than the older EB630 on fuel; which I have some with over 8 years of use, ZERO problems.

The engine is a 2 stroke 79.2cc 224mph/762CFM weight is 22.9lbs. Stihl BR600 die hards WAKE-UP:hammerhead:. This EB802 true 2-stroke engine technology only weighs 1.30lbs more than a BR600 64.8cc, with NO VALVES:rolleyes: to adjust EVER.

Would never consider anything but Shindaiwa Blowers:waving:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/EB8024.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/EB8023.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/EB8022.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/EB8021JPG.jpg

sven1277
03-20-2009, 09:32 PM
I have 3 and I like them a lot.

nosparkplugs
03-20-2009, 09:52 PM
New shoulder straps after 5 years is a EB630 tune up for us:) Shindy makes some bullet proof Blowers

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/Shindytuneup.jpg

I have 3 and I like them a lot.

mjealey
03-20-2009, 09:56 PM
I am with you on the 802's. Best blower out there hands down right now. They are very strong, very comnfortable, and great on fuel for a blower their size. I noticed the same thing about it running rough. It takes a while to get them broke in. Mine keeps getting stronger and stronger. You'll be blowing bricks across a parking lot with that thing!!!

nosparkplugs
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I tried to take a honest look see at the Redmax EBZ8001 again, $$$impressive blower$$ for another $150.00, but does not have the specs/power of the EB802 for that extra cheese, and now Husqvarna has their name on the Redmax equipment:laugh:. Husky must have some deep pockets to have purchased Redmax

I am with you on the 802's. Best blower out there hands down right now. They are very strong, very comnfortable, and great on fuel for a blower their size. I noticed the same thing about it running rough. It takes a while to get them broke in. Mine keeps getting stronger and stronger. You'll be blowing bricks across a parking lot with that thing!!!

joshco84
03-20-2009, 10:06 PM
I wonder if it is like the big echo blower since they are incahoots now.???

I have the 755 and they look a lot alike. Specs are different, the shindy has a bigger motor.

All i know is that if the bigger motor makes a difference on this one it should be a hell of a blower. My 755 echo is awesome, so this could only be better.

nosparkplugs
03-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Shindaiwa/Echo sleeping together now:laugh:

I wonder if it is like the big echo blower since they are incahoots now.???

I have the 755 and they look a lot alike. Specs are different, the shindy has a bigger motor.

All i know is that if the bigger motor makes a difference on this one it should be a hell of a blower. My 755 echo is awesome, so this could only be better.

mjealey
03-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Echo 755 and Shindaiwa 802 are two completely different blowers. They are merging operations and sharing ideas, but they are still two differnet companies.

Shindaiwa is coming out with the new 8520. It is there 4 stroke technology and is the second version of the 8510. Hoefully Shindaiwa listened to people and increased the reliability of them and tweaked them a little bit. The specs on them are unreal. Defineteley the most powerful blower on the market when they come out

nosparkplugs
03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
I surly have had nothing but trouble with my experience's with 2-stroke/4-stroke hybrid engine technology. Since converting back to 2-stroke it's all good again. I must add I have had no trouble finding good/powerful 2-stroke engine technology no matter the brand. You can always depend on a 2-stroke engine for 100% commercial use all day long:).

Echo 755 and Shindaiwa 802 are two completely different blowers. They are merging operations and sharing ideas, but they are still two differnet companies.

Shindaiwa is coming out with the new 8520. It is there 4 stroke technology and is the second version of the 8510. Hoefully Shindaiwa listened to people and increased the reliability of them and tweaked them a little bit. The specs on them are unreal. Defineteley the most powerful blower on the market when they come out

joshco84
03-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Shindaiwa/Echo sleeping together now:laugh:

They are together actually.

I just thought the housing and looking at the motor from the back looked a lot alike. Aside from that there is many differences yes.

K/B
03-21-2009, 06:33 AM
They are together actually.

I just thought the housing and looking at the motor from the back looked a lot alike. Aside from that there is many differences yes.

The 802 was designed completely by Shindaiwa.

The Shindaiwa EB633 is a rebadged Echo 755 with the big filter.
The EB802 does not need emissions "credits". It is new 2 stroke technology that meets all EPA requirements without a catalytic converter:walking:

slplow
03-21-2009, 09:26 AM
I was wondering about the new blower. I have been running 8510 and have been very happy with only filling fuel tank every 2hrs compared to the 1hr on the redmax 8001. That being said I have only been getting 1.5 yr's out of these blowers engines. I going to give shindaiwa one more chance and buy a 8520 but my dealer said he will not sell them. He told my to buy eb802 or another redmax 8001.
I also have a stihl br600 and it has been a good blower but lack power compared to my shin and redmax and the fuel tank is way to small.

K/B
03-21-2009, 10:18 AM
I was wondering about the new blower. I have been running 8510 and have been very happy with only filling fuel tank every 2hrs compared to the 1hr on the redmax 8001. That being said I have only been getting 1.5 yr's out of these blowers engines. I going to give shindaiwa one more chance and buy a 8520 but my dealer said he will not sell them. He told my to buy eb802 or another redmax 8001.
I also have a stihl br600 and it has been a good blower but lack power compared to my shin and redmax and the fuel tank is way to small.

Only time will tell but your dealer shouldn't be making his opinion on the 8520 based on his experience with the 8510. The EB8520 was redesigned from the ground up. It should have more power and be more fuel efficient than even the EB802.

metro36
03-21-2009, 10:56 AM
I just got one about 2 months ago. The thing is a beast. You will love it.

jtkplc
03-21-2009, 11:01 AM
I think my next blower will be the EB8520. It has 101 more cfm than my BR600.

nosparkplugs
03-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Take the Shindy 2-stroke EB802 vs the 2-stroke/4-stroke hybrid EB 8520. The key argument for going to the hybrid technology is it's going to be the only choice at some point. If you look at the engine displacement the EB802 is 79.2CC 224mph/762cfm. The EB 8520 hybrid is 79.7cc 229mph/813cfm, depending on the dealer or LCO you talk with the Hybrid will be the future engine of this industry. FALSE these companies are using the EPA emission credits to keep manufactureing 2-stroke engines. Yes at some point you will see more hybrid choice's but their will always be a powerful 2-stroke model on the market. Why adjust valve's and deal with the extra maintenace of hybrid engine's, if it's not mandatory.

jtkplc
03-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Take the Shindy 2-stroke EB802 vs the 2-stroke/4-stroke hybrid EB 8520. The key argument for going to the hybrid technology is it's going to be the only choice at some point. If you look at the engine displacement the EB802 is 79.2CC 224mph/762cfm. The EB 8520 hybrid is 79.7cc 229mph/813cfm, depending on the dealer or LCO you talk with the Hybrid will be the future engine of this industry. FALSE these companies are using the EPA emission credits to keep manufactureing 2-stroke engines. Yes at some point you will see more hybrid choice's but their will always be a powerful 2-stroke model on the market. Why adjust valve's and deal with the extra maintenace of hybrid engine's, if it's not mandatory.

My Stihl manual says adjust the valve clearance if necessary after 139 hours of use. So that means do it a couple times a year. If you had to do it every week I could understand your argument more.

tamadrummer
03-21-2009, 01:20 PM
While I am happy you got a great blower for an even better price, I have used the 802 next to the 600. They are similar almost too close to notice a difference. Sym and I used each others blowers to see and they are basically identical in power.

As far as your fixation with adjusting valves, a person with downs syndrome could to the valve adjustment on the 4-mix blowers and trimmers. It is not a big deal, it actually isn't even a small deal.

Support is why I have all Stihl v. Shindaiwa because I would love to have some Shindy stuff but my dealer will not carry it.

nosparkplugs
03-21-2009, 02:24 PM
The dealer I use sells Stihl, Redmax, Echo, Shindaiwa. The Stihl BR600's and the EB8510 have dust on them.

Yes the valve adjustment is easy, and must be done. I am fixated on the fact I have more than 1 or 2 blower operating in my business with varying hours of use. More moving parts equals trouble, these hybrid units are not bulletproof yet, and do not like continued use. Who wants to stand at a service counter explaining their bad experience with a hybrid engine, trying to get the "f" thing fixed under warranty:hammerhead: I was their ate through 4-mix engines like candy well before 130hrs of use.

Here's my take on Stihl I run everything Stihl when possible all FS250R's, HS hedge trimmers MS chain saws their 4-mix engine technology is absolute JUNK. Anyone who can justify extra down time is just insane; especially when their are options that require zero valve adjustment, and zero worry. Tune up on Shindy blowers are new shoulder straps every five years. Stick that in the BR 600 & smoke it.

While I am happy you got a great blower for an even better price, I have used the 802 next to the 600. They are similar almost too close to notice a difference. Sym and I used each others blowers to see and they are basically identical in power.

As far as your fixation with adjusting valves, a person with downs syndrome could to the valve adjustment on the 4-mix blowers and trimmers. It is not a big deal, it actually isn't even a small deal.

Support is why I have all Stihl v. Shindaiwa because I would love to have some Shindy stuff but my dealer will not carry it.

K/B
03-21-2009, 02:43 PM

Unfortuately, in 2010 the EPA is doing away with "emissions credits". Each machine will have to stand on it's own. You will be saying 'bye bye" to a lot of models next year. But like I said before, the EB802 meets all EPA requirements. It doesn't need any credits.

tamadrummer
03-21-2009, 02:44 PM
5 minutes for an adjustment is not down time. It is routine maintenance.

I had down time on my BR600 because the carb had a welch plug out of it and the mechanic did not spot it. The thing ended up going to Orlando to the main repair shop to get a new carb.

I am a solo operator so I fully expect to get 5 or more years from my BR600. I have a friend that has one that is 4 years old and has had zero troubles with the exception of a coil that was covered under warranty.

Your experience with the FS130's would make me upset as well and I would have a bad taste in my mouth as well just like I do with John Deere hand held that imo is total JUNK!

Anyway, I love my FS130 and KM130 as they have tons of power and do what I ask them to do. I cannot imagine doing so much work with them that the valves dropped out of them. It gets hot here in FL but I run full synthetic Jaso FD oil and 93 octane fuel so maybe I will have better luck than you.

Again, if I could get Shindaiwa from my dealer or on this side of Pasco county, I would but the closest dealer is 20+ miles away.

nosparkplugs
03-21-2009, 02:53 PM
everything I have found on the EPA's website says 2014 :)

http://www.epa.gov/EPA-GENERAL/2008/October/Day-08/g21093f.htm

Unfortuately, in 2010 the EPA is doing away with "emissions credits". Each machine will have to stand on it's own. You will be saying 'bye bye" to a lot of models next year. But like I said before, the EB802 meets all EPA requirements. It doesn't need any credits.

nosparkplugs
03-21-2009, 03:06 PM
When your the only person running your equipment the attention to detail is higher. No matter how much you educate someone on a piece of equipment unless it's their own$$ you will always have a risk of abuse or neglect. very few people will treat your equipment as it was their own.

I can see you getting 5 years out of a BR600 with only you running it.

I have guys who can tear a transmission up in on day that I have nursed along for 5 months before I had to fix it.

Until it's mandatory I will avoid the hybrid engine technology

5 minutes for an adjustment is not down time. It is routine maintenance.

I had down time on my BR600 because the carb had a welch plug out of it and the mechanic did not spot it. The thing ended up going to Orlando to the main repair shop to get a new carb.

I am a solo operator so I fully expect to get 5 or more years from my BR600. I have a friend that has one that is 4 years old and has had zero troubles with the exception of a coil that was covered under warranty.

Your experience with the FS130's would make me upset as well and I would have a bad taste in my mouth as well just like I do with John Deere hand held that imo is total JUNK!

Anyway, I love my FS130 and KM130 as they have tons of power and do what I ask them to do. I cannot imagine doing so much work with them that the valves dropped out of them. It gets hot here in FL but I run full synthetic Jaso FD oil and 93 octane fuel so maybe I will have better luck than you.

Again, if I could get Shindaiwa from my dealer or on this side of Pasco county, I would but the closest dealer is 20+ miles away.

fergman
04-26-2009, 03:38 AM
JUNK. Anyone who can justify extra down time is just insane; especially when their are options that require zero valve adjustment, and zero worry.

you said it perfect
yeah i work about 100 hours a week and i would love to just go ahead and make the intelligent decision to CREATE more routine maintenance. i also wish i could buy a mower that had about 20 more grease points also. that would be so sweet

dave k
04-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I just got a 802 an love it, the dealer said it would take 2 tanks of gas to break in.
N.S.P. You said you took out the baffles and spark arrestor, would this effect the warranty in anyway that you know of?
If not, how do you remove them.
Dave
PS
Do you use the smaller tube or the larger one, I use the larger one.

MileHigh
04-27-2009, 06:13 PM
That Is a very nice blower.

Demoed one, and it kicks arse....blows just as hard if not harder than the redmaxebz8001....AND FEELS A HELL OF A LOT BETTER, with that new shoulder crap they have going on...keeps the majority of the weight of the blower high on your back, which causes less strain.

South Florida Lawns
05-13-2009, 05:37 PM
The 802's are very powerful. My one helper has an 802 and says it has substantially more power then my BR600. Another LCO near me has 3 802's and they sure look like they move a ton of dirt dust and debris. I do love the overall fit and finish of Stihl products esp. the "turtle" BR series blowers, I feel that Stihl is lacking in the power department, I have heard the 600 lose power after a while and with almost a year on mine now I certainly think its true.

Wizz
05-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I compared the 802 and BR600 side by side and the 802 did not blow any harder (I initially picked up an Echo blower to try out thinking it was an 802 since they looked the same)...the BR600 actually moved the same pile of debris better/easier than the 802, both machines were using the same fuel mixture and had the same hours on them, Shin's stats are either over-inflated or Stihl's are under inflated, but I've learned not to trust manufacturer's stats along time ago. I fully expected to buy the 802 based on the stats when I went to the dealer, but ended up walking out with the 600 based on performance, and it's part throttle torque/performance was much better than the 802 most likely due to the 4 cycle motor on the BR600 giving a better mid-range powerband, vibration was a lot less on the 600 due to the spring mounts as well. The 802 is a good blower none the less...my local dealer sells the 802 for $449 regular price. Congrats on the new purchase, should be fun.

SfTD_service_CENTER
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
my eb8510 runs rough but she runs! 110 octane sonoco with full sythetic spectro @ 32:1 i tell any one that uses it, just hold it wide open it will move them lol really love that uncofortable heavy bastard i just ran her over yesterday she got some new duct tape on her to shine her up. i might go for the 802 i love 2 slapers but that will be in the falland the 8520 is calling me hard

SfTD_service_CENTER
05-13-2009, 06:42 PM
oh yeah i just wanted to say a br600 doesnt compare to mine at all with or without the tube on it blowing wideopen so if it is the same as a 802 i might not be interested i would never use less than what a 8510 has weather it is beatup or not

dave k
05-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I think they measure at the bend and not at the nozzle or visa a versa?
My shinny is rough for the first min and than smooths out, Has anyone taken out their spark arrestor yet, I think No s, plugs said he took out his and baffles?
I would keep them in so the warranty isn't voided.
I tried my friends BR 6000 or whatever it is and it was just about the same to me, both good blowers, but I like the 2 strokes.

nosparkplugs
05-13-2009, 11:53 PM
I did take the baffle & spark arrestor/mesh screen out on the EB802. If their really was an issue with voiding the warranty you can always just put it back on. Either way the blower still runs great, and their are days where even with the baffle & S/A removed it acts cold blooded for about a minute, other days it does not hesitate. Now I can tell you before I removed the baffle & S/A it acted cold blooded every time you started it. Removing the Baffle & S/A does shorten the rough running up significantly.

I think they measure at the bend and not at the nozzle or visa a versa?
My shinny is rough for the first min and than smooths out, Has anyone taken out their spark arrestor yet, I think No s, plugs said he took out his and baffles?
I would keep them in so the warranty isn't voided.
I tried my friends BR 6000 or whatever it is and it was just about the same to me, both good blowers, but I like the 2 strokes.

OutdoorPowerMan
06-28-2009, 10:32 AM
The next emissions change is not in 2010... It is "Slated for" but not committed for 2013, and with the recession there is considerdable discussion about pushing it off until 2015 to 2017.