PDA

View Full Version : John deere stander opinions-657A

deere615
03-20-2009, 11:30 PM
So I am in the market for a wright stander. But this just came up what are you guys opinions? I have seen the cut these mowers leave and they look pretty nice. How about hills? Its a 2006 John deere 657A quick track 23hp.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/1084331360.html

nosparkplugs
03-20-2009, 11:33 PM
If money is the real issue get the Deere stander; however if you want the "real" stander get a Wright.

I have had great luck with John Deere their equipment is tough, and the 7-Iron deck is bulletproof. Money talks BS walks.

So I am in the market for a wright stander. But this just came up what are you guys opinions? I have seen the cut these mowers leave and they look pretty nice. How about hills? Its a 2006 John deere 657A quick track 23hp.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/1084331360.html

deere615
03-20-2009, 11:36 PM
No money is not the issue, its just standers are rarely sold used here so I will probably have to buy new. But I guess my real question is what does a stander have that this doesn't?

nosparkplugs
03-20-2009, 11:44 PM
I would look at the spec sheets on both brand of standers. Then decide on what feature's are best for your business.

No money is not the issue, its just standers are rarely sold used here so I will probably have to buy new. But I guess my real question is what does a stander have that this doesn't?

capelawncare.com
03-20-2009, 11:50 PM
I have a 657, and cant say enough good things about it. I dont have have wright stander, so I cant really give you an opinion there.

I say for the price, its a good deal.

Rusty Lawns
03-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I have 2 wright standers and will be purchasing a wright sentar for this season. The wright standers are more compact, shorter, have 52 inch cut option and weighs less. Ive had great luck with this brand. A friend of mine uses deere and it has been a good machine for him. Its all in your preference i guess.

DLCS
03-21-2009, 01:13 AM
I have a JD 647a and they suck on hills but other than that they are a good unit. If you have hills get a Wright. Wright holds a patten on their frame design and wheel spacing and thats why other stand up mowers don't compare to Wright.

Tommy Boy
03-21-2009, 09:18 AM
We have a 657A, its a great mower! Very little down time, if I remember it only has one hydro, but has not been a problem. I have a JD dealer here but we service the mower in our shop, so we just need a source for parts. I think in the 500 plus hours we have replaced the tension spring holding the drive belt tension adjuster. We have been very happy with our JD and we did a review on this for Turf Magizine a few years ago. We were so happy with the demo provided, we bought it. You acn't go wrong with a stander, and I have nothing against the folks at Wright, I just have never been on one of thier mowers to compare.

Good Luck Call or email if you have specific questions

DLCS
03-21-2009, 01:18 PM
We have a 657A, its a great mower! Very little down time, if I remember it only has one hydro, but has not been a problem. I have a JD dealer here but we service the mower in our shop, so we just need a source for parts. I think in the 500 plus hours we have replaced the tension spring holding the drive belt tension adjuster. We have been very happy with our JD and we did a review on this for Turf Magizine a few years ago. We were so happy with the demo provided, we bought it. You acn't go wrong with a stander, and I have nothing against the folks at Wright, I just have never been on one of thier mowers to compare.

You have two hydro pumps, they are just encased in one single unit.

deere615
03-21-2009, 10:22 PM
I have a 657, and cant say enough good things about it. I dont have have wright stander, so I cant really give you an opinion there.

I say for the price, its a good deal.
do you use it on hills how does it hold?
I have 2 wright standers and will be purchasing a wright sentar for this season. The wright standers are more compact, shorter, have 52 inch cut option and weighs less. Ive had great luck with this brand. A friend of mine uses deere and it has been a good machine for him. Its all in your preference i guess.
thats another thing I need to check the length I know a wright 48 will just fit with the 36 and a 21 on my trailer
I have a JD 647a and they suck on hills but other than that they are a good unit. If you have hills get a Wright. Wright holds a patten on their frame design and wheel spacing and thats why other stand up mowers don't compare to Wright.
Ok thanks I do cut a few hills

How does yours hold hills if you do any also

KCfireman
03-21-2009, 10:39 PM
I've got the 647. Not one problem with it. Deere has a winner with the 600 series. You cannot go wrong with that 7-Iron II deck. It's amazing.

deere615
03-22-2009, 10:25 PM
I've got the 647. Not one problem with it. Deere has a winner with the 600 series. You cannot go wrong with that 7-Iron II deck. It's amazing.

Yeah it looks like a nice mower, I really want a wright but this seems like a good deal. Its like an hour away. I might go test it I dunno yet

Collegepro
03-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Hey I just bought a new 09 friday and it will be done and ready tom or tuesday..ill take some pics and what not and let you know

deere615
03-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey I just bought a new 09 friday and it will be done and ready tom or tuesday..ill take some pics and what not and let you know

Cool, are you keeping the wright too or no? I think I might get a wright because the deere is like 10 inches longer and I don't think all my stuff will fit on the trailer

genesis215
03-23-2009, 10:35 PM
I have run a friend's 647A, and it is by far the best mower I have ever run. Super fast, very comfortable, and has the best cut in the world. Way better than a Wright as far as the cut. The 7-Iron deck is bulletproof, makes awesome stripes, cuts wet grass like nothing else, and it doensn't clog easily. They say that it has done very well on hills for them.

deere615
03-23-2009, 10:49 PM
I have run a friend's 647A, and it is by far the best mower I have ever run. Super fast, very comfortable, and has the best cut in the world. Way better than a Wright as far as the cut. The 7-Iron deck is bulletproof, makes awesome stripes, cuts wet grass like nothing else, and it doensn't clog easily. They say that it has done very well on hills for them.

yeah like I said the thing that is changing my mind now is that it is 68" long and I wanted to wait until next year to add a bigger trailer. I will have to double check my measurements tomorrow to see if all the equipment would fit

lifetree
03-23-2009, 10:52 PM

What does a stander have that this doesn't ... everything !!! The ad was deleted, that's why !! :laugh: :laugh:

deere615
03-23-2009, 11:19 PM
What does a stander have that this doesn't ... everything !!! The ad was deleted, that's why !! :laugh: :laugh:

haha yeah it must have just been deleted I emailed them yesterday and they still had it probably sold