PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Equipment

mikeylikesit5805
03-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Just got out all the handhelds for the spring, will get out the mowers tomorrow.

lukemelo216
03-21-2009, 12:58 AM
nice stuff, you a solo op? what kind of mowers do you have. How many accounts you serving weekly?

mikeylikesit5805
03-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Yep, just a solo op, last year I had 13 accounts this year im looking at around 18-20.

mikeylikesit5805
03-21-2009, 01:05 AM
here are some more pics

lukemelo216
03-21-2009, 01:19 AM
how old are you?

Sorry to hate on you and such, but i have to. I really find it funny how many handhelds some of the solo ops buy. Its especially prevelant in the 15-17 and sometimes even 18 y/o kids. I mean really a solo operation, why do you need three trimmers? I could understand a second one just in case. Three blowers. Get a backpack and a hand held. How much tree work do you actually do that you need three chainsaws? I am just starting out now, and am 18, and i have high expectations, but i am actually on earth. I just dont understand why some people go out and spend money on equipment that just sits especially when this stuff isnt cheap 300-400$ for a trimmer. Like two 36" from what i understand you (mikey) want. just doesnt ever make sense to me.....

Kennedy Landscaping
03-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Looks nice, good luck this season!

mikeylikesit5805
03-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Im 20 years old, that is my younger brother in the picture. I was given about half the stuff. My Dad use to work for Davey tree so he bought good equipment.
In the last two years I have bought:
FS-90 New
FC-110 Used
KM-110 New
MS-210 New
BR-600 New

The Rest of it was given to me by my father, for example that chainsaw, the 044 I have never used for any jobs, its just way to big.

South Florida Lawns
03-21-2009, 02:09 AM
yo you got a bunch of equipment that looks like its never seen a day of work in its life. What's up with that?

2brothersyardcare
03-21-2009, 07:36 AM
maybe its new man but i like that orange

yardmanlee
03-21-2009, 07:47 AM
how old are you?

Sorry to hate on you and such, but i have to. I really find it funny how many handhelds some of the solo ops buy. Its especially prevelant in the 15-17 and sometimes even 18 y/o kids. I mean really a solo operation, why do you need three trimmers? I could understand a second one just in case. Three blowers. Get a backpack and a hand held. How much tree work do you actually do that you need three chainsaws? I am just starting out now, and am 18, and i have high expectations, but i am actually on earth. I just dont understand why some people go out and spend money on equipment that just sits especially when this stuff isnt cheap 300-400$ for a trimmer. Like two 36" from what i understand you (mikey) want. just doesnt ever make sense to me.....

I was thinking the same, get the jobs first then the equipment

oakhillslandscaping
03-21-2009, 09:44 AM
nice stuff i got a br600 and love it im hoping to get another one this year, you should up grade to a bigger bar on that last saw on the right that way you can cut anything with all those saws

CoupesCuts
03-21-2009, 09:54 AM
the 044 I have never used for any jobs, its just way to big.

Oh come on Sally!! The MS210 is too small. Be a man, fire up the 044. That's a real saw.

Nice equipment. Never say no to free stuff, but consider selling it if it was free. No one needs 20 trimmers!

mikeylikesit5805
03-21-2009, 10:54 AM
yo you got a bunch of equipment that looks like its never seen a day of work in its life. What's up with that?
I cleaned it before I put it away in the fall and cleaned it all yesterday as well. They look pretty good huh?

I was thinking the same, get the jobs first then the equipment
I know some of it might be overkill but but its not like I carry all that on my trailer at once. On my trailer I keep the trimmer, edger and kombi (hedge trimmer and backup weedeater) Plus my 36 Walk Behind and Two 21's sometimes a saw or two

Oh come on Sally!! The MS210 is too small. Be a man, fire up the 044. That's a real saw.
I use it occasionally but I dont cut down any trees for clients, to risky. I only touch it if its down. So the 210 is fine for about 90% of the work I do. But It is nice having the power when I need it. :weightlifter:

Nice equipment. Never say no to free stuff, but consider selling it if it was free. No one needs 20 trimmers! Haha Only 3 and the FS-36 is just about worthless my dad loves it because he has a bad back and straight shaft trimmers are hard on him, so that one just stays around that yard

The Rookie
03-21-2009, 11:21 AM
I wish I had bought stihl eqipment when I got into lawn care. I recently bought a br 600 and the best pole chainsaw stihl makes. I also had bought a br 55 . Know I have to replace my crapsman weedeaters with stihl. My advice to anyone starting out is to buy good quality equipment right off the bat and not try to do the jobs with homeowner equipment because you will have to keep rebuying it every year.

metro36
03-21-2009, 11:52 AM
I see only one good machine there. The echo blower.

Just Kidding. Nice Stuff.

mikeylikesit5805
03-21-2009, 12:08 PM
I see only one good machine there. The echo blower.

Just Kidding. Nice Stuff.

Thanks, I have some more echo stuff, but i didnt want it ruining the picture haha j/k :laugh:

DRBLawnBuster
03-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Nice equipment! I used one of the little chain saw you have down at my grandfathers farm today i love it. It has good power and is nice an lite for when we were up in the tree

mikeylikesit5805
03-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Nice equipment! I used one of the little chain saw you have down at my grandfathers farm today i love it. It has good power and is nice an lite for when we were up in the tree

Thanks, yea it works great for me, I try and advoid serious tree work so its perfect.

clif10
03-22-2009, 01:07 AM
why rag on him for having what he has.if a man wants 4 trimmers and 5 chainsaws then thats his right. i happen to appreciate his spread of handhelds, id be proud of that layout. i guess he could be waisting the money on beer, or video games right! im a solo op and have multiple everything, insurance if you will!

mikeylikesit5805
03-22-2009, 01:23 AM
why rag on him for having what he has.if a man wants 4 trimmers and 5 chainsaws then thats his right. i happen to appreciate his spread of handhelds, id be proud of that layout. i guess he could be waisting the money on beer, or video games right! im a solo op and have multiple everything, insurance if you will!

Thanks for the appreciation, Im a sucker for anything with stihl stickers on it lol. I got the kombi the other day, it was actaully pretty funny, the KM-110 cost like 596.23 and my insurance for the year cost 594.43 Haha

DRBLawnBuster
04-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Do you have pictures of the mowers you run.