PDA

View Full Version : What is a good handheld blower??

Green Machine Mowing
03-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Due to likley expansion this year i will be needing to get myself a blower. Ill just be using it to blow off side walks ect,and since price is a consiteration ill take a handheld. i was looking at other blowers and this one seems like the best, i do love my echos, and im pretty sure this thing has the same engine as my SRM-265S, ie same plug ect.

if you know of any other blowers or have comments on this one please let me know.

Echo PB-251 $175

http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?Model=PB-251&Category=POWERBLOWER

tamadrummer
03-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Look at the BG66 or the BG86

Stihl 2 cycle is some great stuff. I love the 4-mix as well but their 2 cycle is bulletproof!

joshco84
03-21-2009, 01:09 AM
That echo blower is great, get it. You wont be dissapointed.

CFB
03-21-2009, 01:14 AM
I love stihl equipment but I would never get a stihl handheld blower again. I'd get a bp blower, trimmer, edger etc. etc. But I think their handheld blowers a not well made at all.

HulkXD
03-21-2009, 01:27 AM
I have that Echo, and I love it. It's definitely not a backpack blower, but it's a great handheld... lightweight, and won't twist in your hand.

GOOSEHANSON
03-21-2009, 09:41 PM
That echo blower is great, get it. You wont be dissapointed.

I have an Echo too, great power and not too heavy..

CCC52
03-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Check the Echo PB210E!

Been using them since the late 80's and not about to quit. Same displacement but more power. The two I've owned between 1989 and now have never let me down. Sturdy constuction with plenty of power in addition to reliability. On the downside they're not ideal for heavy clean-up work but for mowing? All I need. Price is high and weight is more than the unit you're considering.

>>Nevermind, seems Echo chose to delete the old beast from the line-up. Nice to see the classic Echo orange's return to the backpack line in lieu of the Craftsman grey. The excellent 21.2cc from the 210E is gone as well. Hmm, guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled to see how durable these newer generation units fare. Always had good luck with Echo, my SRM210 trimmer got tossed in with my last mower package. I wanted Stihl and refused to upgrade to a 'better' Echo. Lo and behold she's going into her 4th (solo) season (although I do see a new trimmer in the near future, SRM210 can play back-up)...

Edit: If you find a dealer sitting on the PB210E you might do better than the $300 I paid, replacement parts shouldn't be a concern at all.

LALawnboy
03-22-2009, 03:54 AM
I've got an Echo PB-251 and it has been great. It's lightweight and even does a decent job blowing wet leaves. I know a lot of guys tout the Stihl BG 85's on here, but I had one and definitey prefer the Echo over it.

Sammy
03-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Stihl BG-86. Good machine.

joshco84
03-22-2009, 08:37 AM
I've got an Echo PB-251 and it has been great. It's lightweight and even does a decent job blowing wet leaves. I know a lot of guys tout the Stihl BG 85's on here, but I had one and definitey prefer the Echo over it.

I actually prefer anything echo to any of the stihl stuff i have used.

I used to be a die hard shindiawa guy, and still use there trimmers, but all of my blowers, clippers, shredder vac, chainsaw, and some other stuff is echo.

They are a great product, that is usually cheaper than comparable models in other brands. They also seem to last great.

Jason Rose
03-22-2009, 09:06 AM
I'll be the odd duck...

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/node3290.aspx?nid=61608&pid=65230

Husqvarna. They have a handheld blower, and the same one the dealer sells you can buy from Lowes for about $150. I have one and it screams. I also have a Stihl BG85, which is the reason I bought the Husqvarna! Damn Stihl dosn't run when the temps are over 90, I had to have something reliable. You sure can't beat the PRICE of the Husqvarna. I think the Stihl lists for almost $100 more than that.

The latest Echo equipment I've had (hedge trimmers) have prooven to be very problematic to get to run, keep running. I cured them about 75% by gutting out the muffler (catilitic converter BS), but even after many hours of use (breaking it in) it still dosn't run 100% right. I'd have a really hard time buying another Echo anything.

djagusch
03-22-2009, 09:15 AM
It's a hand held blower. Most brands have one or two options and that is it. Pick your dealer/brand and buy it. It sounds like your a echo guy so buy what echo sells and that is what you picked. For the most part the brands hand held stuff is relatively comparable in specs and it's only $200.

grass_cuttin_fool
03-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Ive got a stihl bg55...performed flawless for 3 years....usually sell for 130-150 bux.....if you have been pleased with the echo and have a good dealer....that might be the way to go