PDA

View Full Version : Little things and little personality go a long way...

Carolina Cuts
03-21-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm realizing turning it up a notch on the phone "sells jobs"

(1) Two weeks ago (new customer), called about getting an estimate for mulch. I drove out, met with her and took some measurements. Next day I called her with a quote, and that I was available to do the job this week. She told me any day but Wed. was fine as it was her anniversary. (made a note)

On Wednesday, I called her back, first wishing her a Happy Anniversary and then letting her know I would arrive on Thursday with the mulch. She was beside herself that I remembered her anniversary... in fact, I think she was tearing up on the phone. :clapping: Both jobs well done.

(2) The other day I received a voicemail from the sweetest most happy go lucky potential customer EVER!

Returned her phonecall, and although I missed her, I left her a voice mail as well stating that I was now available to speak with her and was trying to reach her back and for her to call me anytime after 5pm... before hanging up, I "thanked her for what was one of the most refreshing, most pleasant voicemails I have ever gotten... "

She called back within minutes... literally laughing @ my comment.... we chit chatted for a bit, and she agreed to services.

(3) Gentleman calls me about services, after a minute of "what's up, how are you, what do you do?" We try to set up a time this weekend to meet. I mention Saturday afternoon, he says... "Naaaaaaaah my wifes got me goin' to some kinda f#$@@# parade of homes show..." Loooong pause.... as he realized he just cussed on the phone with me....

My reply - "Well, me and the boys are headin' up to the Crazy Horse (gentlemans club) if you'd rather duck outta that and come with us..."

He laughed his @ss off and said he wish he could go there instead....then asked if I could come to his house first thing Monday for an estimate of Mulch...

Mothers Day is coming up in May.... REMEMBER your carnations and single roses for all your single mom customers.... roses for the single moms, carnations for the married moms....

I always try to do those little things.... that make people go... "hmmmmm..."

punt66
03-21-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm realizing turning it up a notch on the phone "sells jobs"

(1) Two weeks ago (new customer), called about getting an estimate for mulch. I drove out, met with her and took some measurements. Next day I called her with a quote, and that I was available to do the job this week. She told me any day but Wed. was fine as it was her anniversary. (made a note)

On Wednesday, I called her back, first wishing her a Happy Anniversary and then letting her know I would arrive on Thursday with the mulch. She was beside herself that I remembered her anniversary... in fact, I think she was tearing up on the phone. :clapping: Both jobs well done.

(2) The other day I received a voicemail from the sweetest most happy go lucky potential customer EVER!

Returned her phonecall, and although I missed her, I left her a voice mail as well stating that I was now available to speak with her and was trying to reach her back and for her to call me anytime after 5pm... before hanging up, I "thanked her for what was one of the most refreshing, most pleasant voicemails I have ever gotten... "

She called back within minutes... literally laughing @ my comment.... we chit chatted for a bit, and she agreed to services.

(3) Gentleman calls me about services, after a minute of "what's up, how are you, what do you do?" We try to set up a time this weekend to meet. I mention Saturday afternoon, he says... "Naaaaaaaah my wifes got me goin' to some kinda f#$@@# parade of homes show..." Loooong pause.... as he realized he just cussed on the phone with me....

My reply - "Well, me and the boys are headin' up to the Crazy Horse (gentlemans club) if you'd rather duck outta that and come with us..."

He laughed his @ss off and said he wish he could go there instead....then asked if I could come to his house first thing Monday for an estimate of Mulch...

Mothers Day is coming up in May.... REMEMBER your carnations and single roses for all your single mom customers.... roses for the single moms, carnations for the married moms....

I always try to do those little things.... that make people go... "hmmmmm..."

I have been doing that for years. Your absolutely right in that it brings business. Never thought about it nor did it on purpose its just my personality. Good read and all you people who run "professionally" or without humor and dry take note. This is some good advice.