PDA

View Full Version : Residential Spring Clean Up

lawncrafter1979
03-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I am curious on how to price a residential for spring clean up? I know what I do for my commercials, but the average consumer is not going to want to pay what I am getting from my commercial accounts.

I know what works for me with commercial and I am just not sure what most people charge for residential clean ups. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

doubleedge
03-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Estimate how long that it will take you to complete the job. Then, multiply that by the amount per hour that you need to cover expenses and to pay for your salary. That is the minimum that you can possibly charge; if they say no, move on.

ALC-GregH
03-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Sounds like your just use to the larger dollar figures. Do you think a residential customer has the same huge property and requirements as your commercial accounts? Chances are, their lot is smaller which will take less time. Just do as doubleedge mentioned and be done.

vinny69
03-21-2009, 11:59 AM
p/rake ,aerate ,first cut =155 average size lot 3-4000 sq ft

bjlc
03-21-2009, 12:00 PM
in our area, spring clean up can run anywhere from $50 to 110. It depends on the lot size. I charge 70.00 for a avg.lot. this includes power rake,power vac and power broom if need. Aeration is running at $50 a yard.

The one thing I have learned that you have to have a set price and stick by it.

You will not get every customer out there....from looking at the spring adds coming out in the want adds.... the low ballers are coming out of the woodwork.....buggers!!

www.bigjohnslawncare.com

ALC-GregH
03-21-2009, 01:59 PM
www.bigjohnslawncare.com

You need to spray some insecticides. There's bugs flying all around your equipment. :D :laugh::laugh:

bjlc
03-21-2009, 02:23 PM
You need to spray some insecticides. There's bugs flying all around your equipment. :D :laugh::laugh:

LOL....that's our Manitoba provincial bird......the mosquito....lol:canadaflag:

www.bigjohnslawncare.com

CCC52
03-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I am curious on how to price a residential for spring clean up? I know what I do for my commercials, but the average consumer is not going to want to pay what I am getting from my commercial accounts.

I know what works for me with commercial and I am just not sure what most people charge for residential clean ups. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I start at $25, that's to haul the debris (some may charge more, some may charge nothing). I figure the job is at least $100, otherwise why get out of bed, load and gas the truck? Half day, full day? I price it the same way I'd charge for any other service. Most of my small ones done this season were right around $100 total but they had very thorough fall clean-ups. I've got some bids out up to 3 times that amount for properties that were obviously neglected, similar in size but far more work involved. HTH

mowerbrad
03-21-2009, 03:26 PM
For a spring clean up I charge 75-150 usually for residentials. Occacionally there are some that may be cheaper or more expensive but it all depends on the job.

RLS24
03-21-2009, 07:15 PM
I usually do between $100-$150 JUST to clean up. mulch and redefining the bed edges is extra.

STIHL GUY
03-21-2009, 08:27 PM
i just charge by the hour

Think Green
03-21-2009, 10:38 PM
You guys up in Canada have mosquito's (SKEETERS)too?
I thought that the mosquito was the Arkansas State Bird! LOL!!
With all the Rice Fields we don't have much choice in the matter. The city and the county do urban and rural mosquito spraying during the months of July and August...by commercial truck and aerially.
All this does is makes the mosquito mad and bite harder before they die.....

unkownfl
03-22-2009, 02:27 AM
I remember being in Nova Scotia the darn black flys would carry my dog away.