PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! I have two hours and i cant reinstall my walkers deck....

JShe8918
03-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I am having a slight problem... i removed the deck from my walker and now i can't get it back on... I lined up the two arrows and have everything else and it refuses to slide on... i have heaved and heaved until i can't do it anymore. I really need help. i have a yard that needs to be bagged before 4 and it is 2 now so i need responses. Thanks guys.

Proc's Lawncare
03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
GET A B.F.H!! Bang to fit... Good luck!

JShe8918
03-21-2009, 03:50 PM
a big hammer... now seriously...

mowingbtyard
03-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Are the pins lined up and in all the way? What are you having trouble with?

LawnNeedz
03-21-2009, 04:13 PM
If the arrows are the slightest bit off it will not slide in. I hade the same problem once when I took my deck off. Good luck!

Mowingman
03-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Turn the shaft one spline, try it, then another spline, try it again. As mentioned, arrows are not always excatly lined up. Also, if shaft is droped down just a bit, the two pieces bind and will not slide together. Make sure you have A LOT of grease on the joint area.

ALC-GregH
03-21-2009, 04:17 PM
I need help finding my shoes, I need to go to the store real quick. Can you help me find them? :rolleyes:

Seriously, how is anyone going to help you get the deck on right? Your the one there that took it apart. What if a bolt is sticking out or a tool fell in a way that it's stopping the deck from going on? How would anyone be able to figure that out if they're sitting at a PC?

If you don't know how to repair or replace something, it's best left up to someone that can.

JShe8918
03-21-2009, 05:04 PM
I need help finding my shoes, I need to go to the store real quick. Can you help me find them? :rolleyes:

Seriously, how is anyone going to help you get the deck on right? Your the one there that took it apart. What if a bolt is sticking out or a tool fell in a way that it's stopping the deck from going on? How would anyone be able to figure that out if they're sitting at a PC?

If you don't know how to repair or replace something, it's best left up to someone that can.

Look Jackass... i was asking for assistance... the dealer was closed and are 2 hours away none the less. No one in my area owns on so i did the next best thing... Yes i understand that i am the only one that can do it... The problem was the driveshaft slipped out some how while in the tilt up position.. I then cam to the conclusion removing the deck and then realigning everything would be the most simple..

Now for everyone who is being so nice as to help... I have gotten the arms inserted into the deck (the ones that take the pin. They slide freely with no problem.... but when i insert the drive shaft it doesn't move anymore... i just must not be patient enough... We shall see... i used my Scag instead. Thanks guys. And for ALC.... you dont even have a walker so why would you reply.

ALC-GregH
03-21-2009, 05:37 PM
I only replied because I'm a jackass. :D

Hey, at least the Scag got the job done. Try to be more patient. Sometimes walking away for a few minutes helps. Did something get in the female side of the shaft and is blocking it from going in all the way? Being the shaft is made to only fit correct in one position then it should have a spline that is wider then the rest. Find them and align them if you can first, then slide the deck on.

Jersey Shore Landscaping
03-21-2009, 06:40 PM
reach up under the the mower where the shaft slides in it is kind of like an enlarged quick conect for an air hose take it off fit it on the splines on the deck and then recontect the quick conect as you slid the deck in

johnnyusa
03-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Also make sure the plastic discharge tube on the rear of deck that fits into the blower housing is aligned and not caught up . It needs to go inside the blower housing. Good luck if you need any more help Pm with your # and ill see if I can help.. John

tyler_mott85
03-21-2009, 11:11 PM
WD-40 that coupling on the PTO. If it is rusty or gunky it can be a hard lil dude to get back on. But seriously...if all else fails "tap" it with a hammer. It's a commercial lawn mower. It's meant to take abuse. Give it some.