PDA

View Full Version : dump trailers

matt5814
03-21-2009, 03:48 PM
what do you guys think of dandy dumps found one cheap and wondering if i should buy it or spend more for a difrent brand my budget is 4000 im in upstate ny

wellbuilt
03-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Handy dumps are kinda lite duty . If you don't want to dump or carry any thing to heavy they are OK . Handy dumps are lighter to pull . For 4k you could get a heavy duty used trailer in good shape . John

pjtrailerguy
03-24-2009, 09:47 PM
It depends on what size requirements you have but we could get you into a brand new 60" x 10' tandem axle dump (7000 GVW) for $4000. Thats a PJ. The next one up is a 78" x 12' (9990 GVW) for $5250. Its sometimes hard to justify the cost of a used trailer when so often the asking price is so close to new prices. Then you have to factor in things such as tires and brakes (brakes esp) and determine if its worthwhile to buy used and add the cost of replacement parts and still end up with a used trailer. We are also offering 6 months no interest no payments on new trailers right now. So you would have till September to pay it off.

bobbyr
03-25-2009, 10:16 AM
i would think about what you are looking to do with it a dump trailer is a dump trailer and a equipment hualer is a equipment hauler i have seen a lot of dumps in my area that have been used to hual skid steers and rock and so on but the skeed steers have sure taken a toll on them their seem to be a lack of cross members in dumps to alow them to hold up to the whieght in just 4 spots in the floor or else the iron is to thin.

Brett's Cutting Edge
03-25-2009, 01:40 PM
I bought a Griffen dump from Becks Trailer sales in St. Johns, Mi and i am very pleased with it. I have hauled so many diffrent things in it from bobcats, tractors, rock, dirt, mulch. if you can get it in there it holds it. I have had people see it and ask if i would be interested in hauling away the garbage when they are cleaning out the basement ir garage. I can drop it off one day they fill it the next, then i take it to the dump and make 100.00+ cash. You may want to buy one but go for the bigger one even if it takes a few months to save up for it.

swanny
03-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Make your own. My recipe (everything from Ebay):

aluminum 10k tri-axle boat trailer w/ hydraulic brakes on 3 axles (new)
aluminum 8'x17.5' rollback bed (used)
misc. cylinders, pump, 9k winch
lots of chopping and sewing - frame to axles to hitch

Final product can easily carry and dump 5 tons, yet weighs 1.5 tons.

Run my skid up forwards, spin it around on deck when I unload to bring it down forwards. Very safe.

Going on three years use....has been in many states fetching equipment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/barndwellers_md/Untitled.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/barndwellers_md/0117080851a.jpg

Tim Johnson
03-29-2009, 08:29 PM
What size truck do you have? I would look into buying a dump bed for your truck if you have a 1 ton. IMO they are way better than a trailer. It alot easier to drive around plus you can get into tighter areas like backyards and small lots.

Brett's Cutting Edge
03-29-2009, 11:36 PM
In Dump beds for the truck dont make sense unless you have alot of jobs that are less than 3-4 yds. Thats the reason i didnt buy a 350 or 450 dump was there was not enough space and i would waste so much time driving to get more material.